test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Feedback Fighter

halo0816halo0816 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
edited June 2019 in The Guard Barracks
Hello guys and grils,

we got some threads with some feedback, i know. But i wanted to give/start a “discussion” thread and maybe it helps Asterdahl to understand our situation or at least my situation. Of course, you can have your own opinion :)

First of all, the fighter is in a rly bad spot. But my feedback isn't all about the “easy”dmg, it's more about the DPS “mechanic” and some other classes that supported us in the previous Mods got there spot. The meta changed and atm i'm fine with it. Let them have some fun.

The Fighter got a new “mechanic” called vengeance. It is cool to play around a resource system to deal more dmg or to use your skills but that vengeance system is complete garbage. The fighter needs to block to build vengeance. That's not going to work in good groups. Sure you can stay in some AoEs and block them but a DPS class shouldn't stay in red circles.
We got 1 Feat called “Bloody Reprise” to help us to get some vengeance back after we drop below 50%. Every DPS class has there own rotation and so have we. We can use only 3 Encounters and after that we have “high” CDs. Fighter Att-Wills feel clunky, because you cant activate “heavier slash” with “heavy slash” anymore So in a Boss fight, i can activate “Bloody Reprise” normally 1 or 2 times and keep in mind, that we have several mechanics that drains our vengeance so we lose DPS.

Kneeling (Seethe) and try to marry the boss/mobs is not an option (waste of time compared to other classes).

ITF is also useless. sure you get a movement speed buff but why do you keep a support only skill on a DPS path ? that makes absolutely no sense. I get what you tried, you wanted to go the “WoW” direction but in WoW we can slot and use more than 3 skills. in NW our action bar is very small, so its not beneficial on a DPS class to slot a movement speed support skill over a DPS skill. And never consider giving ITF its DPS buff again. At Least I don't want to be the ITF bot again…

Feel free to discuss or add.

tl:dr

The new Fighter feels clunky and useless. It looks like you revamped all other classes and the Fighter is your last unwanted child.

sorry for my english. If something sounds to aggressive, it's not meant to be.

Edit:
I completely forgot to talk about the tank but yeah, not much to say. Pala tank is better in everything. Tank GF is just a meatball but the pali has the same amount of HP, more DMG Low CDs and high burst with his divinity mechanic and DJ. The GF doesn't even really have a good group protection mechanic/skill.
Post edited by halo0816 on

Comments

• mcfobmcfob Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    Agreed, we stinks
  • wilbur626wilbur626 Member Posts: 1,019 Arc User
    Vanguard is awesome
    Elite Whaleboy
  • omegaospreyomegaosprey Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    wilbur626 said:

Vanguard is awesome

Irony or care to elaborate on this "awesomeness"?
  • lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User

wilbur626 said:

Vanguard is awesome

Irony or care to elaborate on this "awesomeness"?
    trolling
  • stark760stark760 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 654 Arc User
    The main problem is the at wills. If you're going to make cooldowns on encounters longer, and put more importance on at wills, the at wills at least have to be decent. Also, to repeat the above, why put ITF on the damage class?
  • lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    stark760 said:

The main problem is the at wills. If you're going to make cooldowns on encounters longer, and put more importance on at wills, the at wills at least have to be decent. Also, to repeat the above, why put ITF on the damage class?

either devs are hopeless or devs are trolling, maybe
  • devilxjkdevilxjk Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    10 ideas (DPS)

1) At-will could charge our vengeance
    2) PLS REMOVE seethe channelled, istant maybe with 3 stack of 30% of vengeance
    3) anvil of doom shouldn't use so much vengeance (15->10)
    4) commander strike CD is too long we should be able to take it up always or nearly( no more consumed )
    5) griffon's wrath third hit,is clearly too slow-> faster/shorter animation (100% faster)
    6) rework on useless feats like "10% crit"(or let it go over cap)/fix broken feats like momentum
    7) heavy slash should proc heavier slash (like before)
    8) Reave dmg is too poor compared to others "at-will" and become "useless"(damn is too funny but i cant use it)
    9) itf -.-no commet (at least let it buff our damage to compensate the slot it is using or give it a 2-3sec immunity to dmg, any idea is better than now )
    10) vengeance,
    0 to 50% dynamic (es: 45%VENG ->18% DMG buff, 40%VENG ->16% DMG buff..... ) instead of 0 dmg buff under50% veng,( so dont let me stop attacking in crucial moment cause my vengeance is gone low)

Out of List
    Let us hide our shield
    bull charge secondary effect could raise our vengeance +10 or to 50%(red eyes/aura themed with the bull)
    Post edited by devilxjk on
  • mcfobmcfob Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    1.At-wills can charge vengence when they crit if you take Roiling hatred feat, just an fyi.
    2. agreed, something needs to be done about seethe/vengence
    3. agreed, anvil takes up waaaay too much vengence
    4. agreed
    5. agreed
    6. agreed
    7. agreed
    8. agreed
    9. agreed
    10. ?
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    stark760 said:

If you use all of the class buff mechanics correctly you can hit for around 20K with a base standard at will attack and when you have heavy slash active your AoE encounters do more damage and Heavy Slash for me is hitting for over 100K when I get that buff. The Fighter dreadnought side requires paying attention to those buffs and ensure you maximize your damage. Keep in mind that most other classes are not hitting hard either; the fighter changes seem more inline with what I would expect from a fighter meaning more damage from at wills with proper timing of attacks.

As for the OP with ITF being useless I disagree. I find it to be a great tool for my dreadnought fighter. Right when I'm out of stamina I pop ITF and I can continue blocking and using my at wills until I get heavy slash that results in AoE encounter usage or using Heavy Slash to provide a nice big hit, like I already stated.

I feel as if the dreadnought is conqueror and tactican from the old build combined. As for the Vanguard that is definitely a protector build from the old skill line and I have no problem with that either.
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User

If you use all of the class buff mechanics correctly you can hit for around 20K with a base standard at will attack and when you have heavy slash active your AoE encounters do more damage and Heavy Slash for me is hitting for over 100K when I get that buff.

The annoying part is having to do the potty squat first. By the time I finish dropping my deuce, the barbie already ran ahead and smashed everything. Dreadnought may have good dps, but often end up at the bottom of paingiver chart.

If you use all of the class buff mechanics correctly you can hit for around 20K with a base standard at will attack and when you have heavy slash active your AoE encounters do more damage and Heavy Slash for me is hitting for over 100K when I get that buff.

The annoying part is having to do the potty squat first. By the time I finish dropping my deuce, the barbie already ran ahead and smashed everything. Dreadnought may have good dps, but often end up at the bottom of paingiver chart.
    A huge +1
  • devilxjkdevilxjk Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    Just to remember, cryptic , balance with other dps class isnt good.
  • fsf4livefsf4live Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    Hey. Here is my feedback on fighter.

Tank:
    It is ok. It can deal great damage. In my opinion it is too much. A well played vanguard has a higher damage potential than a dreadnought. Maybe a rework of the 4th master boon could be the key to balance that.

DPS (my main path):
    It is really fun to play. I love it. But DPS fighters are too weak. We can't compare with other DPS classes, like wizards or rangers. My ideas for a balancing:

1) lower couldowns on our encounters
    - Normally I would say, that our at-wills should be buffed, because they are really <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. But GF was a class which does high burst damage. So my advice is to force our encouters to keep that playstyle up. Maked them more powerful would be OP, because we have the strongest encounters. But if we can use them a little bit more often, we could increase our damage.

2) better feats
    - I looked at rangers, because they do massive damage. I couldn't compare with our ranger, who has the weaker equip. Their powers aren't better then ours. But their feats are awesome and make the powers much stronger. They have one for +30% crit severity or one for double at-will strength. That is really op compared to our feats (espacially the last two).

Thanks for reading. And sorry for some mistakes. English is not my first language.
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User

Instead of dropping a deuce learn to run ahead by using ITF and not giving your barbie friend the speed buff. Than hit once, drop your deuce, two hits usually gets you to 50% or great. Than go at it as a DPS. Once you are over 50% keep it there and use ITF to keep up with the group.

Someone above asked why ITF is on the DPS side, well it is there to make tanking a bit more challenging so you don't always have 100% stamina so you can't do a full potty squat like you can as a DPS. The other thing is to ensure you keep up with the group just as you do need to drop deuces along the way as a Figther DPS.

I do agree that the dps side of ITF needs something better than stamina regen. Maybe increase action point or buff the group at wills damage.
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    There are some problems with that strategy. In order for you to "not give" the speed buff to others, you have to be far enough away from them. Then I would not give up 1/3 of my encounter DPS and hope I can make up for it by doing things faster or earlier.

ITF is pretty useless for DPS. The only time I would consider it is if I had to do some light tanking as DPS. The ITF would allow me to block more.
    Only time ITF is any good for the fighter, is when the DPS are 2 groups ahead and it helps you catch up.
  • bojshabojsha Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    Hello, my apologies for not reading all of the posts.

I defenetly feel like the most important improvement for Fighter class, with out changing much would be better animations of skills, they seem rather slow and akward, I just hope's devs will come to there sences and take a closer look at this, its pretty awful, i get stuck in animation after every skill, dont mater if its at-will, encounter or daily, everything is horible on the animation side.