test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Please allow exchange of runestones and tenebrous with the upcoming changes

mcfobmcfob Member Posts: 76 Arc User
Currently, I have 6 account bound runestones that will become unneeded after you double enchantment stats, as well as multiple tenebrous enchants that are NOT getting doubled, therefore rendering them obsolete. Please offer exchanges for both of these so we are not left with dead investments. I am trying very hard to be patient with all the major changes making something good that was bad, or bad that was good, but I am, quite frankly, getting extremely frustrated to see my high AD cost pets/enchants/runestones become worthless and/or bta every few weeks. I understand you are trying to fix issues and improve the game, and I commend you for that, but you can't keep changing the rules without offering some options of what to do with dead assets or your players are just going to give up and play something else.

Comments

• Options
    namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    There are not many sources of BtA enchantments/runestones. How did you get yours? If you exchanged them, then you knew what you were getting into.
  • Options
    I don't mind the bta, when the particular runestone was needed, ie. before the changes of double stats
  • Options
    Can trade in Tenebrous now, but still not runestones
  • Options
    Tenebrous is still about the same price, or higher for some ranks, as radiants (assuming that is what you wanted) on the AH. No sense to trade them in. The 10% you pay to sell the tenebrous in the AH is a small price to pay not to have regret later when you look at your BtA radiants. Also, some ranks of radiants are so pricey in the AH now, it makes more sense to build them yourself. So you might break even if you do so.
  • Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    mcfob said:

Currently, I have 6 account bound runestones that will become unneeded after you double enchantment stats, as well as multiple tenebrous enchants that are NOT getting doubled, therefore rendering them obsolete. Please offer exchanges for both of these so we are not left with dead investments. I am trying very hard to be patient with all the major changes making something good that was bad, or bad that was good, but I am, quite frankly, getting extremely frustrated to see my high AD cost pets/enchants/runestones become worthless and/or bta every few weeks. I understand you are trying to fix issues and improve the game, and I commend you for that, but you can't keep changing the rules without offering some options of what to do with dead assets or your players are just going to give up and play something else.

They should leave the enchantment exchange vendor out until the next mod. This way players who come back or missed the initial vendor can adjust their enchantments as needed.

Also, enchantments should stay BtA for 3 months after mod 17 launches and after that the bound should be removed as we are trading our unbound enchantments in for bound enchantments, which is not fair or just.

• Options
    wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

There are not many sources of BtA enchantments/runestones. How did you get yours? If you exchanged them, then you knew what you were getting into.

Probably Quartermasters
    \
  • Options
    agilestoagilesto Member Posts: 516 Arc User

Things can change, and if you decide to swap one of your enchants for another because during the last month you managed to cap a new stat and want to optimize more, you can trade an enchant for another.
    But you can't trade runestones.
    At the start of M16 I was worried about not having enough CA to cap, so I took 2 CA runestones. 5 weeks pass, I get new stuff, our enchants are doubled, I now manage to have more CA than required with my runestones, I'd like to swap them for empowered runestones, just like I did with my enchants.

But I can't.

So I effectively lost 2 entiere R14 enchants/runes because I can't trade them. They became bound in order to avoid easy trades, fair enough. But I can't even exchange them like the enchants. That is purely bad design again.
  • Options

Also, enchantments should stay BtA for 3 months after mod 17 launches and after that the bound should be removed as we are trading our unbound enchantments in for bound enchantments, which is not fair or just.

Then profiteers just need to wait three months to make a killing from cheap enchantments. Would only encourage more people to play the game this way.
  • Options

Probably Quartermasters
    \

True. But the best you can get is R7s which people should be using for RP instead of slotting.
  • Options
    agilesto said:

So I effectively lost 2 entiere R14 enchants/runes because I can't trade them. They became bound in order to avoid easy trades, fair enough. But I can't even exchange them like the enchants. That is purely bad design again.

Devs probably think it was good design not to let players willy-nilly exchange enchantments unlimited times. They prefer people build new enchants, like all the radiants I am sure being built now.
  • Options
    agilestoagilesto Member Posts: 516 Arc User

agilesto said:

Devs probably think it was good design not to let players willy-nilly exchange enchantments unlimited times. They prefer people build new enchants, like all the radiants I am sure being built now.
    I get that, I understand the non-unlimited duration of the enchant exchange. That's why I ask to be able to exchange runestones as well. Because it's the same situation than for enchants, except there's a problem because you can't change runestones like you can for enchants
  • Options
    I would at least like to see them keep the exchange until after they get done making all the changes to enchants, and they need to make runestones exchangeable like enchants.