test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

30 Minute 3-Man LoMM Completed

lilsistorlilsistor Member Posts: 3 Arc User
edited May 2019 in General Discussion (PC)
Hi all,

We had no one to queue up with today, so we decided to try LoMM with the 3 of us in private queue.

It was me on SW healer, with an OP tank and a dps CW making up the group.

Me and the CW were both 21.5k iL with the OP tank at 23.3k iL.

We completed the run legitimately without using any dubious tactics. As such, our tactics consisted of clearing all mimics, healing cocooned person to full on Arcturia, having tank soak up the shots from Bore Worm with my healing and taking out scorpions systematically by using the arc attack from Trobriand.

https://imgur.com/a/VePHjCs

This did make us question whether the dungeon needed any adjustments or if people simply need to get used to it.

Also, Warlocks are viable healers and should not be excluded from this fun dungeon.

Comments

• lordseth1985lordseth1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 319 Arc User
    IMO People just need to think and stop crying everytime. this mod is making everyone to re-learn how to play their class and role, so or we get used to it or just leave.
    Avestruz.Q.T.Seduz - Rogue, natural born assassin.
  • navras#4653 navras Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    > @baronstragen said:
    > IMO People just need to realize that with the storyteller's journal, Anyone can do anything. Let's see what happens after next weeks patch.

This. I was 13k when it could be obtainable and now all i see the journal while i’m here, trying to rotate wyern, decenter and ssc in certain situations. Kind feel envy but that doesn’t change the fact the journal is an op artifact with all in one effects.
  • finmakinfinmakin Member Posts: 444 Arc User
    Pfft, I soloed it
    Ogguk The Beholder… Justicar Paladin Tank/ Healer
  • dontez1dontez1 Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    It won't happen next week after the Nerfs to Wizard damage and the Envenomed Journal.
    Ray of Frost and Conduit of Ice don't proc weapon damage on preview and nerfs to AP gains=45 min runs with Wizards
  • tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    edited May 2019

IMO People just need to realize that with the storyteller's journal, Anyone can do anything. Let's see what happens after next weeks patch.

wow how can someone be so blind? Stop beeing so hatefull only because u dont have smth that others worked for. Its not like its crazy op, its just a little better then the alternatives

What will u cry about next week when ppl still run it in 20 minutes without that artifact?
  • lunari#8880 lunari Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    Wow thats awesome! Very enlightening to know SW healers are still viable. I feel like I can't keep up with OP healers or Clerics.
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    Can you smell what the rock is nerfing?

Good work.

Picked up 2 enchanting stones from the loom. Saw a funny scorpion vanity pet drop but need or greed ring beat me down.

I agree with what some are saying about this mod makes you relearn your class.

A month ago I was bottom dps... now I'm moving up the ranks..

Rotation rotation rotation is key.
    Rogue for life!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User

Wow thats awesome! Very enlightening to know SW healers are still viable. I feel like I can't keep up with OP healers or Clerics.

In most content the choice of healer doesn't matter at all.

In LOMM Soulweaver still does the job; the difference is that you can't carry easily, because a dragged-out soak phase on the Bore Worm can exhaust Sparks since the resource doesn't replenish passively, unlike Divinity for Devout and Oathkeeper.

Soulweaver has an easy time with Arcturia's cocoons since Soul Reconstruction is fast and powerful.

The path could use some further tweaking of its feats and encounters. I do think that the base healing magnitude is a tad low, which raises the bar for entry IMO. The other healing classes are up and running faster with similar stats, and they are much more forgiving of inexperience and mistakes. It's okay that Soulweaver has a higher skill floor, but the end result is mostly working harder than the other healers just to achieve a similar output.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• baronstragenbaronstragen Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    tom#6998 said:

IMO People just need to realize that with the storyteller's journal, Anyone can do anything. Let's see what happens after next weeks patch.

wow how can someone be so blind? Stop beeing so hatefull only because u dont have smth that others worked for. Its not like its crazy op, its just a little better then the alternatives

What will u cry about next week when ppl still run it in 20 minutes without that artifact?
    I'm not crying about anything. I'm being cynical, and sarcastic. I could care less. The game is 80% unplayable to me, not because I DON'T want to play but I DON'T HAVE THE TIME. Long, boring dungeons that I've already done much faster previously, campaigns I have no use for are slower and encounters, oh god, sitting there spamming at wills waiting for the suckers to recharge. And yes, Storyteller's Journal was OP. Someone found out it contributed to 84% of their AP gain. That makes it pretty easy to spam dailies that normally take forever to charge. I will just sit back on this "Mod 6 Revisited" until they figure it out or shut down the game.
    Post edited by baronstragen on
    Varric the Cursed Dwarven cursed to be Tiefling CW
    Original Serenity Mostly Retired DC
    Tokarek Bearded Dwarven OP Tankadin
    JuiceHead Goofy Human GWF
    Member of H3llzWarriors and Limitless.
  • leogetz#4447 leogetz Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Grats on 3 manning that thing! Well I can certainly believe that it was hard as hell. Still, it's funny seing this happening when both the ingame chat and reddit and youtube comments are mostly "QQ game is too hard now" :disappointed:
    So Grats again on doing this 3 man before they bring the nerfs in the next patch :)
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

Grats on 3 manning that thing! Well I can certainly believe that it was hard as hell. Still, it's funny seing this happening when both the ingame chat and reddit and youtube comments are mostly "QQ game is too hard now" :disappointed:
    So Grats again on doing this 3 man before they bring the nerfs in the next patch :)

Ahem. "Devs, the game is too easy! Can't you give us something HARD to play?!?!"
  • leogetz#4447 leogetz Member Posts: 7 Arc User

Ahem. "Devs, the game is too easy! Can't you give us something HARD to play?!?!"
    This game was HAMSTER easy before mod 16 and it still is quite easy (Not counting obviously bugged encounters). Tell me something , was this game always casual heaven or what?
  • turzanturzan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 30 Arc User
    Very nice!! I would like to see video from Arcturia fight in this run.
    Godfinder
  • tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User

This game was HAMSTER easy before mod 16 and it still is quite easy (Not counting obviously bugged encounters). Tell me something , was this game always casual heaven or what?
    as far as i can remember (mod 8) yes
  • mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    lilsistor said:

Hi all,

We had no one to queue up with today, so we decided to try LoMM with the 3 of us in private queue.

It was me on SW healer, with an OP tank and a dps CW making up the group.

Me and the CW were both 21.5k iL with the OP tank at 23.3k iL.

We completed the run legitimately without using any dubious tactics. As such, our tactics consisted of clearing all mimics, healing cocooned person to full on Arcturia, having tank soak up the shots from Bore Worm with my healing and taking out scorpions systematically by using the arc attack from Trobriand.

https://imgur.com/a/VePHjCs

This did make us question whether the dungeon needed any adjustments or if people simply need to get used to it.

Also, Warlocks are viable healers and should not be excluded from this fun dungeon.

Item level is not an indication of your strength anymore. I would guess the 3 of you were 130k+ power. In mod 16 IL is useless it is POWER LEVEL that count.

24k Players with low power stand no chance in that DPS RACE dungeon if they do not have enough power
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• cherryman1cherryman1 Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    Nice job on getting through there with only 3 players. Putting up a list of gear used/boons/companions/artifact powers used/mount combat choices/etc.. would be interesting to see.

IMO People just need to think and stop crying everytime. this mod is making everyone to re-learn how to play their class and role, so or we get used to it or just leave.

Please stop telling other players to leave because you don't like their feedback. That doesn't help get the issues of the community out into the open. It also divides the community when you tell people that their feedback isn't wanted. We need people to debate on the merits of the feedback instead of just telling people to stop giving feedback or leave. If you don't like feedback please create a reply to the person's post with that feedback you disagree with and debate that person on that part of the feedback instead of just these blanket "your feedback isn't what I want to hear" posts.

Part of the issues I am seeing is that the new gear under performs the old gear at this time. In other words, you will perform better if you use the older gear instead of the newer gear. Then, look at this question. What are the newer players getting at this time in terms of gear? They are getting this gear that is 940 to 1000 item level and getting into LoMM due to the high item level associated with the new things but that gear doesn't perform as well as the older gear that was BiS last mod. There is a large difference if you try to play through with the old gear as compared to the new gear because buffs are still multiplicative instead of being additive.

I will say that scaling is getting better than what it was at for launch. This being said, I still see that there are things that still need to be fixed with it in game at this time. This is also a large group of people who have a bad taste in their mouths from the way that scaling was first implemented into the game. The next pass at scaling will be interesting to see what changes in the game. I expect that some of the end game players won't like it since they will say that the only end game dungeon is too easy when in reality they needed to do something that affected the middle tier class of players who want to run the middle tier dungeons which have scaling making them less than desirable to run. Leave the end game content hard or make it a little harder would be nice. I see the next patch as making the game too easy for the end game while making the middle tier dungeons more accessible to the middle tier players. We don't need more stats for LoMM but it would be helpful if you did add more stats onto players in the intermediate queued content which could have been easier to do with just upping the scaling numbers in that content to players while scaling the monsters in that content down.
    Guild Leader: Under the Influence
    Yule (Barb): 72k : Siren (TR): 78k : Torun (DC): 73k : Siren OP (OP): 76k : Siren SW (SW): 78k : Modern (F): 80k : Cherry1 (CW) : 68k Siren HR (HR): 78k
    > @mynaam said:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > We had no one to queue up with today, so we decided to try LoMM with the 3 of us in private queue.
    >
    > It was me on SW healer, with an OP tank and a dps CW making up the group.
    >
    > Me and the CW were both 21.5k iL with the OP tank at 23.3k iL.
    >
    > We completed the run legitimately without using any dubious tactics. As such, our tactics consisted of clearing all mimics, healing cocooned person to full on Arcturia, having tank soak up the shots from Bore Worm with my healing and taking out scorpions systematically by using the arc attack from Trobriand.
    >
    > https://imgur.com/a/VePHjCs
    >
    > This did make us question whether the dungeon needed any adjustments or if people simply need to get used to it.
    >
    > Also, Warlocks are viable healers and should not be excluded from this fun dungeon.
    >
    > Item level is not an indication of your strength anymore. I would guess the 3 of you were 130k+ power. In mod 16 IL is useless it is POWER LEVEL that count.
    >
    > 24k Players with low power stand no chance in that DPS RACE dungeon if they do not have enough power

The dungeon isn’t a DPS race. The only major DPS check is killing mimics at Arcturia. The pillars at Trobriand are rather forgiving. Everything else is handling mechanics and heal checks.

Players do not need extremely high Power to do LOMM; that’s a myth perpetrated by public channels. What they do need are reasonably well capped offense stats, and they probably have at least 100k Power if they meet that condition. Beyond that, playing well is enough.

My guild has an unofficial standard that, if you can solo your own mimics and miss few or none, you’re probably fine for the entire dungeon.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    I had far more stable runs with solid geared player, than with a group of 3 x150k power dps monster at 40k awareness, leading sometimes to horrible fights at endboss with several death and "headless chicken run" experience, when you get overwhelmed by 3 scorps at endboss.
  • tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User

people are 3 manning the newest dungeon and they are doubling the rating and IL on enchantments in a few hours.......won't be long until it's being soloed

Yeah soloing the cocoon with a healer companion FTW !
  • mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    vorphied said:

> @mynaam said:

> Hi all,

>

> We had no one to queue up with today, so we decided to try LoMM with the 3 of us in private queue.

>

>

>

> We completed the run legitimately without using any dubious tactics. As such, our tactics consisted of clearing all mimics, healing cocooned person to full on Arcturia, having tank soak up the shots from Bore Worm with my healing and taking out scorpions systematically by using the arc attack from Trobriand.

>

>

> This did make us question whether the dungeon needed any adjustments or if people simply need to get used to it.

>

> Also, Warlocks are viable healers and should not be excluded from this fun dungeon.

>

> Item level is not an indication of your strength anymore. I would guess the 3 of you were 130k+ power. In mod 16 IL is useless it is POWER LEVEL that count.

>

> 24k Players with low power stand no chance in that DPS RACE dungeon if they do not have enough power

The dungeon isn’t a DPS race. The only major DPS check is killing mimics at Arcturia. The pillars at Trobriand are rather forgiving. Everything else is handling mechanics and heal checks.

Players do not need extremely high Power to do LOMM; that’s a myth perpetrated by public channels. What they do need are reasonably well capped offense stats, and they probably have at least 100k Power if they meet that condition. Beyond that, playing well is enough.

My guild has an unofficial standard that, if you can solo your own mimics and miss few or none, you’re probably fine for the entire dungeon.

Without decent DPS race team you cannot get past 1st boss. That means it is a dps race.Putting choke points like the lighting phase @ the 2nd boss does not take away from this dungeon is not possible with at least 4 High DPS characters. It does not really have any strategy in it at all.

If you can't melt fast enough you loose means dps race
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

mynaam said:

vorphied said:

> @mynaam said:

> Hi all,

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Without decent DPS race team you cannot get past 1st boss. That means it is a dps race.Putting choke points like the lighting phase @ the 2nd boss does not take away from this dungeon is not possible with at least 4 High DPS characters. It does not really have any strategy in it at all.

If you can't melt fast enough you loose means dps race
    One significant DPS check at the first boss does not a DPS race dungeon make.

The second boss has no DPS race. The boulders die in a single at-will, and the golems don't even have to be killed, because the boss will kill them for you if you leave any alive (which is coincidentally a great strategy for lower DPS groups since the boss' overcharge will be sapped when it destroys a golem).

For the record, in DPS terms, this dungeon is perfectly doable with combinations including the following:

- 1 high DPS, 2 low
    - 2 moderate DPS, 1 low
    - 3 moderate DPS

You don't need high DPS from everyone to kill mimics. Characters with lower overall DPS can still do fine by paying attention to Arcturia's HP and starting to bank their encounters and dailies when they expect mimics to pop, then spacing out their use appropriately so that they don't blow their entire kit to delete one mimic and have nothing left for the second one.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• andyy22andyy22 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    lilsistor said:

First off gz, well done!

After the 19m run i did yesterday with you guys, i realized just how big the gap is compared to your avg. /lfg lomm group. I'm not sure why other groups are so far off, but i know for a fact that even good players seems to have problems getting your numbers/speed. I think for OP tanks its not a far stretch to assume that many OP players are interested in tanking and not DPS'ing, so this reflects there goal/mindset/build. Why your burst DPS is also so much higher, i have no clue since i don't play DPS a lot.

So maybe you should make a guide/video per class explaining what you do and why, so other players have a top 1% lomm perspective they can strive to get to.
    Post edited by andyy22 on