test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Assemble the Future bug?

vizier#0523 vizier Member Posts: 1 Arc User
1. I have completed the campaign quest "Sort the Shards" by collecting the 40 Orb shards from Orcs in the Tower District
2. After turning those in Sybella gave me the Quest Assembling the Future.
3. When I look at the campaign details for Staff of Savras Intro Campaign "Assemble the Quadrants" I do have the required number of Refurbished Orbs to complete the task. It takes 5 and I have 20.
4. The thing is that task, "Assemble the Quadrants" is "locked" and the "start" button can not be selected. The Task Details of this quest say I must accept the quest "Assembling the Future" from Sybella which I've already done. It is visible in my quest journal and on my HUD quest tracker.

Something seems bugged but I'm open to anything helpful.

Comments

• herr4hherr4h Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I have the same bug
  • huggaahuggaa Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Same thing here
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    I forwarded a report of this from Reddit earlier today, and have forwarded this thread now as well.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • mimicking#6533 mimicking Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 83 Cryptic Developer
    Thanks for the feedback,and thanks for the forward, Kreatyve- the team is looking into it.
    Cheers
    M.K.
    Go ahead, click on the chest...
  • poacher#9713 poacher Member Posts: 8 Arc User

1. I have completed the campaign quest "Sort the Shards" by collecting the 40 Orb shards from Orcs in the Tower District
    2. After turning those in Sybella gave me the Quest Assembling the Future.
    3. When I look at the campaign details for Staff of Savras Intro Campaign "Assemble the Quadrants" I do have the required number of Refurbished Orbs to complete the task. It takes 5 and I have 20.
    4. The thing is that task, "Assemble the Quadrants" is "locked" and the "start" button can not be selected. The Task Details of this quest say I must accept the quest "Assembling the Future" from Sybella which I've already done. It is visible in my quest journal and on my HUD quest tracker.

Something seems bugged but I'm open to anything helpful.

6th of June and i have the same problem. Hope they fix it soon. :)
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

Thanks for the feedback,and thanks for the forward, Kreatyve- the team is looking into it.
    Cheers
    M.K.

what do u say about another rocktober? in july maybe? we would really love to have another thread where developers would interract with us in fixing these bugs.
    The last one took way more than a month to plan and coordinate.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • deathroams#6556 deathroams Member Posts: 1 New User
    Same problem the Assemble Orb Quadrant is locked after the 40 shard mission was completed but somehow i was able to unlock the other to preceding missions after the locked mission but cannot complete. Hope this helps narrow the search in the code some.
  • blaffe#7213 blaffe Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    same problem here Assemble Orb Quadrant is locked
  • percemerpercemer Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 1,048 Arc User

what do u say about another rocktober? in july maybe? we would really love to have another thread where developers would interract with us in fixing these bugs.

You can help us with this board https://trello.com/b/ZFCWRntD :+1:
    Percemer
    EU Community Manager @ Gearbox Publishing
    ----------
    Neverwinter: Discord - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - Customer Support - Terms of Service
  • dante07191961dante07191961 Member Posts: 2 New User
    > @"vizier#0523" said:
    > 1. I have completed the campaign quest "Sort the Shards" by collecting the 40 Orb shards from Orcs in the Tower District
    > 2. After turning those in Sybella gave me the Quest Assembling the Future.
    > 3. When I look at the campaign details for Staff of Savras Intro Campaign "Assemble the Quadrants" I do have the required number of Refurbished Orbs to complete the task. It takes 5 and I have 20.
    > 4. The thing is that task, "Assemble the Quadrants" is "locked" and the "start" button can not be selected. The Task Details of this quest say I must accept the quest "Assembling the Future" from Sybella which I've already done. It is visible in my quest journal and on my HUD quest tracker.
    >
    > Something seems bugged but I'm open to anything helpful.
  • dante07191961dante07191961 Member Posts: 2 New User
    I have the exact same issue, I am stuck and this has been an issue for several gaming sessions. I tried logging out and back in but it is no use . Is it possible to abandon and recollect the shards? I also wondered when people say 40 shards not 20 as I also have 20 shards not 40. the quest stopped having me collect at 20. In any case it is frustrating to say the least.
  • drinkvernors#7197 drinkvernors Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    On a level 18 character (higher due to siege) gathered all my shards, took them to Seer, competed the Collecting the Past task. I then interacted with Sybella and got the quest "Assemble the Future". I went to the campaign page, the quest says to "Open the Benign Order of the Third Eye Campaign" - which you have deleted/renamed without correcting the quest text. So I did see "Intro Campaign: The Staff of Savras" which is checked off. I clicked on the View Campaign button and the Sort the Shards box is green showing it is completed.

The "Assemble the Quadrants" task is grayed out and marked 'Locked'. The subsequent two boxes have Red letters because I don't have the Quadrants to build a full Scrying Orb yet.

I've done this quest many times before on other alts, so I know what the sequence 'was'. When I click on the Grayed box for the Assemble the Quadrants task it shows that the task requires 5 shards and I have 20. My Special Currency section of my Inventory shows that I have 20 "Refurbished Orb of the Seer Shard"

The character also has 30 Symbols of Savras. I think I should only have 6 or 12 for just finishing two of the Seer tasks.

Is the quest/campaign locked because my character was allocated 30 Savras symbols or for some other reason??? Or is the 'new' way of doing this campaign "Just gather the shards in Tower District and we will just ignore all of Blackdagger Ruins and Scrying Orbs and *give you* the Savras Symbols and complete the campaign as fast as we can".

Links provided
    Quest showing that I got it from Sybella after turning in the shards.
    https://imgur.com/TvJv61F

The Campaign window showing that turning them in completed the 'new' Staff campaign.
    https://imgur.com/ukKvYlP

Opening the campaign and showing that the box is grayed out
    https://imgur.com/cJpLqtV

And finally, showing that I still have the shards in my posession that need to be turned into Quadrants and eventually a Scrying Orb.
    https://imgur.com/HGVSQ9d
    Post edited by drinkvernors#7197 on
  • eddiestormeddiestorm Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    I am having the same thing .
  • eddiestormeddiestorm Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    Same issue here

Same issue here

Thanks for poking this post, I didn't see it when I posted mine today. Including a link to it here for reference:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1249320/assemble-the-future-cannot-complete

• simplychelly#9905 simplychelly Member Posts: 1 New User
    Same. :( I'm glad I am not the only one.. I've done everything I can think of.. Even thought it was level barred. Oh well. onto other things until the bug is worked out

Same issue here

Thanks for poking this post, I didn't see it when I posted mine today. Including a link to it here for reference:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1249320/assemble-the-future-cannot-complete

I merged the threads.
    kuI2v8l.png
  • kingdarien#5736 kingdarien Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    Since I can’t post a new thread since too new, i’m Posting here. In addition to Benign Order Of Third Eye campaign not showing up, the Acquisitions Incorporated Campaign is also not showing up, despite running the basement stuff and already being able to craft. Toon is now lvl 70, about a week or so since started this new alt.
  • charp#5943 charp Member Posts: 1 New User
    I've got the same problem as well.

i've tried abandoning the quest and re-acquiring and no luck, it just doesn't unlock
  • perilin#6013 perilin Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Another new player here.

Both players in our household are stuck on the assembling quadrants step.
    (I have another character that was past that point at the patch, which finished the campaign without problems)
    The other campaigns we have unlocked have worked so far.
  • elongate#7229 elongate Member Posts: 1 New User
    I think its safe to say all pretty much are stuck on this quest incl me and my better half. How often do they patch this game? I'm new to this game but loving it, even VIP'd!
  • lisergico#5994 lisergico Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have the same problem... how a game to 2013 in 2019 have bugs?
  • kingdarien#5736 kingdarien Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    Come to find out, there are lots of campaigns missing. It’s like they stopped showing up from a certain date forward.
  • cheerz4beerzcheerz4beerz Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    I wonder what triggers this bug. I've been leveling up 1 of every class and have yet to see it. Not saying it doesnt exist as obviously a lot of people have experienced it but its weird.

One thing I tend to do on every character is to clear every quest before starting the black dagger area. Including sorting and combining all the shards. Maybe if you go to the black dagger early it triggers the completion of the earlier steps incorrectly?

I wonder what triggers this bug. I've been leveling up 1 of every class and have yet to see it. Not saying it doesnt exist as obviously a lot of people have experienced it but its weird.

One thing I tend to do on every character is to clear every quest before starting the black dagger area. Including sorting and combining all the shards. Maybe if you go to the black dagger early it triggers the completion of the earlier steps incorrectly?

The quest is obtainable without actually going to the Blackdagger Ruins area. The only requirements are that you have enough Orc shards to complete the 'Present' quest and that you are of a certain character level. My last character has not actually gone to Blackdagger because they got to level 18 during the Siege of Neverwinter event so didn't need to do some of the early BD quests to get to level 20 (the char did not do the Linkletter/Rizzard series, so used them to get to 20). Normally a char is lvl 18 by the end of Rizzard's quests.

Good thought, but the only thing I've seen as a change has been whatever they did to the areas in the last patch.

• kialtokialto Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    Is this ever going to get fixed? I can't progress the campaign because I am having the same issue. I reported the bug and have not received any response about the issue...
    kialto said:

Is this ever going to get fixed? I can't progress the campaign because I am having the same issue. I reported the bug and have not received any response about the issue...

Yes, they are working on it. I don't know exactly when it will be fixed, but they will get it fixed.
    kuI2v8l.png