test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter PC,PS4 and Xbox

altmerpoweraltmerpower Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 101 Arc User
I was very surprised when Assist man in latest youtube video talked about most players for Neverwinter Online.
He talked about PS4 having most players then Xbox and least PC
I have never subscribed on YouTube to anyone and will never do but this guy is really entertaining and kind of honest i think (my opinion).
I know there is lots of consoles out there. Even I have PS4 with SSD hard drive/more worth then actually the entire console lol.
But I am really surprised by this anonsement.
I always thought that PC have more online actve numbers and suddenly thats false.
The game was launched on PC and should have the bulk of the player base still it's not.
We have the content/mods released first and still we are behind in player population.
Why?
Now this should be good discussion!!

Comments

• arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    There really isn't a clear way to judge the populations of each platform, we can only take a guess based on number of people in a given zone at a given time. Even then, certain demographics may be more prominent on one server and skewing results one way or another (Europeans might favor PC over console, where Americans might favor Console or vice versa).
    Just looking at the public discord server, there are way more PC users (of those who bother to select the roles). Which again is a skewed result due to PC having an easier time accessing discord and selecting the role than a console user using their phone for discord.
    We have anecdotal stories of Xbox having only one instance of Port Nyanzaru, and as I write this, there are 3 instances on PC even though it's no longer an endgame area.
    Unless we have an official post about numbers from Cryptic Studios, it really is just speculation, especially right now that we have different modules.
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    I'm sorry, I'm a little confused. Are we debating platform active numbers or whether the assist man is actual entertainment?
  • mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User

I'm sorry, I'm a little confused. Are we debating platform active numbers or whether the assist man is actual entertainment?

I don't think there's any confusion regarding the latter...

Xbox have lost a ton of players lately, so I don't doubt for a second that there are only one instance in Port Nyanzaru at times.