test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

More Feedback on Mod 16

callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
More Honest Feedback on Mod 16

The Campaign

It was nice that it wasn’t time gated but other than that pretty much mediocre. Very nice settings, some different monsters, nice artwork overall a nice looking module/campaign.

The main problem was that as you level up and progress through the campaign [for me] it gets harder and your toon feels weaker. Its kind of counter intuitive. This meant that at some points I was taking a while to grind down some of the content. In previous modules as you spent more time in them [Barovia/Chult] you felt more able to handle the content this seems the opposite.

The maps being relatively small helps with zipping around as well, thank you.

However, not making it clear that 9 magic relics MUST be collected during the levelling expeditions means some players can NEVER achieve certain items and leaves a sour taste in the mouth.

Runic HEs

Quite nice design and system.

But oh so many one shot kills – as someone else stated, we are slowed to snails pace movement, yet the mobs can launch attacks at will and very fast. Its impossible [or much harder] to get out of the red areas now. Constant dying and being rezzed isn’t much fun.

Undermountain Expeditions

Wow loads of fun at first. Really like the system, much like the beloved Barovian Hunts. Thumbs up.

Encourages teamwork and grouping. Thumbs up.

Drops are for everyone. Thumbs up.

Early on lots of fun purple armour pieces dropping.

Then it turns into another Throne of Dwarven Gods grind [remember +5 Rings of Brutality?] to see who can win the lucky Alabaster Weapons. I ran with a guy who had only run 10 MEs and had his main hand Alabaster and been playing two weeks from scratch and had no idea how to refine. I have now run maybe 70+ with no Alabaster at all.

LOMM

Another dungeon that looks to be all about the tricks of the trade, knowing what to do when. Thats kind of great, but when movement is so slow and my [personal] reactions are a bit slower I know for a fact that I would be a liability to a group. So not for me thank you.

The Other Changes

Lifesteal – thats gone, thats ok, I think that may have been needed, but please make sure there is a healer in ALL random Queues? I have run some where it was just funny perma death rezz parties until you just give up. Also healers should know how to heal ;)

Movement speed – sorry we are too slow now to avoid red splats quite often. This leads to much death and isn’t fun.

Recovery removal – added to the above means we feel like weaklings a lot of the time. I can take down a 3 mob group with Encounters fairly easily, but when its six or more mobs, I end up having to run around like a nutter, or use too many healing stones. It isn’t fun. Sure its more difficult, but its not as relaxing as it was in the past.

These changes have made combat slower and more clunky and it just isn’t as much fun as it was.

Conclusion

Due to scaling I have given up on Random Leveling Queue and Random Intermediate queue, as to the other Random Qs, nope not for me.

Running older content – due to scaling etc and combat changes, just not fun and not for me.

I am left running 3 x ME per day in the hope of getting Alabaster weapons but that is wearing thin after 70+ tries.

I have given up on BiS stuff, its just unobtainable, and gets superceded pretty fast. If you want BiS then heck go for it, but as a casual player this isn’t doable.

Final Comment

I cant see how any of the changes actually bring any more money into the game, which is surely the point of the makeover. That is what perplexes me most.

Comments

• darkesheardarkeshear Member Posts: 4 Arc User

Lifesteal – thats gone, thats ok, I think that may have been needed, but please make sure there is a healer in ALL random Queues? I have run some where it was just funny perma death rezz parties until you just give up. Also healers should know how to heal ;)

Conclusion

Due to scaling I have given up on Random Leveling Queue and Random Intermediate queue, as to the other Random Qs, nope not for me.

Running older content – due to scaling etc and combat changes, just not fun and not for me.

I am left running 3 x ME per day in the hope of getting Alabaster weapons but that is wearing thin after 70+ tries.

I have given up on BiS stuff, its just unobtainable, and gets superceded pretty fast. If you want BiS then heck go for it, but as a casual player this isn’t doable.

Final Comment

I cant see how any of the changes actually bring any more money into the game, which is surely the point of the makeover. That is what perplexes me most.

As far as the Lifesteal, yes..they took it away from PLAYERS. But I have noticed at least 2 or 3 mob sets retain that when doing the ME runs, which is all I ever do anymore also. Those little floating skulls that zip around at warp speed have your life drained in no time, before you can even get to them and then ZIP..they are gone again on the other side of the world lifestealing you again. And when there are 2 or more of them..almost impossible to solo those MEs with a melee char or even a ranged that doesnt do absurd DPS. The other is the Wight or one of the robed looking figures. They lifesteal like CRAZY...also teleporting out of your reach very fast. Not enjoyable at all with all of the MULTIPLE AOEs going on at the same time from DIFFERENT angles. VERY HARD to avoid them all, all the lifesteal AND DPS them down at the same time without dying.

Yes, The random queues are just NOT worth it anymore at all. They take TOO long, are much harder and simply not worth the few AD they give as a reward for all of your troubles. Same with the older content too. I agree.

I have been doing NOTHING but my 3 daily ME quests on 2 different characters now for about 3 weeks, not missing a single day. So if you do that math, its 6 chances x 21 days. And I have not had ONE single Alabaster drop either. Other (most) people around me complaining because of duplicate ala drops. Well SO SORRY for your luck. Try not even getting the drop AT ALL for so long. Im about to rage quit this same just like i did WOW for basically the same reasons. When are the RPG genre games going to come up with a better way for loot tables other than RNG. RNG works for SOME people...the lucky ones, but the ones that are not so lucky (like me) the RNG just does NOT cut it. All it does is make a daily grind for what seems like a .01% chance at what everyone else is getting multiples of. So yeah...
  • dennizonndennizonn Member Posts: 21 Arc User

Conclusion

Final Comment

As far as the Lifesteal, yes..they took it away from PLAYERS. But I have noticed at least 2 or 3 mob sets retain that when doing the ME runs, which is all I ever do anymore also. Those little floating skulls that zip around at warp speed have your life drained in no time, before you can even get to them and then ZIP..they are gone again on the other side of the world lifestealing you again. And when there are 2 or more of them..almost impossible to solo those MEs with a melee char or even a ranged that doesnt do absurd DPS. The other is the Wight or one of the robed looking figures. They lifesteal like CRAZY...also teleporting out of your reach very fast. Not enjoyable at all with all of the MULTIPLE AOEs going on at the same time from DIFFERENT angles. VERY HARD to avoid them all, all the lifesteal AND DPS them down at the same time without dying.

Yes, The random queues are just NOT worth it anymore at all. They take TOO long, are much harder and simply not worth the few AD they give as a reward for all of your troubles. Same with the older content too. I agree.

I have been doing NOTHING but my 3 daily ME quests on 2 different characters now for about 3 weeks, not missing a single day. So if you do that math, its 6 chances x 21 days. And I have not had ONE single Alabaster drop either. Other (most) people around me complaining because of duplicate ala drops. Well SO SORRY for your luck. Try not even getting the drop AT ALL for so long. Im about to rage quit this same just like i did WOW for basically the same reasons. When are the RPG genre games going to come up with a better way for loot tables other than RNG. RNG works for SOME people...the lucky ones, but the ones that are not so lucky (like me) the RNG just does NOT cut it. All it does is make a daily grind for what seems like a .01% chance at what everyone else is getting multiples of. So yeah...
    I would like to see the RNG system incorporated a way to buy or win buffs to increase your chance of finding items like GW2 does with magic find chances. RNG can be fun, but when you cannot enhance or control it in any way it gets very irritating over time. There are some threads discussing how to make some AD sinks to decrease the inflation rates in the game; I believe a possible option for this could be through allowing people to spend AD to buy a limited buff that increases their RNG item find percentages. Just a thought.
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    hustin1 said:

I'm basically sitting this mod out.
    Ditto.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    > @hustin1 said:
    > Constant stunlocks, the 50% defense cap, and the inability to self-heal while soloing are dealbreakers for me. The soloability is just BS. I'm basically sitting this mod out. They can take this mod and shove it.

I agree they went totally overboard on the control powers....not just in Runic HEs, but also "easy" stuff like the SH spider HE.

However..."inability to self-heal"...eh, just pick 2-3 good insignia bonuses, and maybe add a companion with +incoming healing and you are all set.

I find the solo content just as easy as in M15, and I'm a Cleric...not one of the top-DPS classes.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • edge2500edge2500 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    On Alabaster equipment: I like the idea of RNG, but there needs to be a streak breaker of some kind (like, put them in the Undermountain store or the undermountain seal vendor) that way people don't burn out and give up after running countless Master Expeditions. This need is even more crucial because, as far as I can tell, they are the only weapons before LOMM that are above IL 861. Also, it's not like they don't have to be refined which adds even more grind, unless you are a well established (read: your AD runneth over!) player. ;)
  • bloodrychebloodryche Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Just finished another 3 ME with no Alabaster drops. Lets see if it drops before the second month of Mod 16 is over
  • lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    I'm running two fighters through the MEs now and I still can't get a mainhand drop. It's sucking my will to play the game . . . .
  • earlgreybeardearlgreybeard Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    I would like to add a list of complaints about this mod also ... there is so many
    and I do believe the devs are working to keep up with them all.. and a bit of patience is going to be needed.. now pc-nwo may not be very playable for many, especially the random queues .. the difficulty in the levelling queues and intermediate are, crazy broken.. and the risk of making these unplayable for the new f2p players is going to drive people away.. and there seems to be absolutely no variation to this supposed 'random' dungeon or skirm.. it is always dread legion or if you are lucky cloak tower for rLq it's a bit better in the RiQ selection of instances in rotation but not by much.

but one glaring thing stands out is that the AP drain of enemy is very powerful and seems to be happening much more frequently, meanwhile all the classes but particularly the barbwarrior have had their AP regen completely hamstered .. I am lucky if I have 1 -2 daily to use over the entire 3 stage expedition run..

Guild Leader Den of the Misfits
  • werdandi#8366 werdandi Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    hustin1 said:

Whoever came up with the idea of these Runic Spectres needs to be FIRED.

I'm sick of this garbage. You have to use a rune to boost an ME so you can get the drop you need at the end chest to be able to restore your equipment. So, fine, you farm a bunch of resonance to be able to do that. Then, when you start your ME, in EVERY GD FIGHT you get swarmed by three or more runic spectres who ALL stunlock you. I just finished a fight with no less than six of the GD things.

I'm sick of this garbage. The only reason I'm even playing tonight was because I didn't play all week and wanted to connect with some alliance members. I'm sick of this killer-DM HAMSTER. [blank] this mod. They can stick it.

Seriously. I want to cuss out the sadistic blankity-blank behind this decision in the worst way right now. You, whoever you are, can take this mod and stick it where the sun doesn't shine. I'll see you in mod 17.

You know you are supposed to form a team for ME?
    Otherwise, don't complain when it becomes more difficult.
    Same when you step on runes, a pally or a dc can remove the debuff; if you go alone, you will remain with the debuffs.
    Just a matter of choice.

• dionchidionchi Member Posts: 915 Arc User
    We need a poll...

An honest to gods PLAYER opinion poll about how many people like the Character Class and Stats changes since Mod 16 - and how many people find the changes highly frustrating and unnecessarily difficult.

'Only people who read the forums will respond to the poll' you say? Cryptic has been spamming players with their Admin Notices about who got what out of which Lockbox for years, surely they can see their way to post a "Go the the forums and vote in the Mod 16 opinion poll" notice periodically among all those Admin Lockbox notices...

Just a thought.
    DD~