test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

June Zen Promo broken.

Comments

• agilestoagilesto Member Posts: 516 Arc User
    The good thing is the relations between Cryptic's team/decisions and the community are at a all-time high so surely people will be comprehensive about this mistake...
    Oh wait they're not and this breaks again a little more the confidence players have in the team. This was not really needed by any mean and was planned on calendar for several days. smh
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User

Bad answer, @nitocris83

You should realize your standings with your customers is VERY frayed at this point in time.

You really cannot afford a PR screwup like this now.

The correct answer would have been: 'We have a technical issue that will be fixed, your items will be available at RCA as soon as we can chase our techies back at work on Monday'.

saying basically, well you should know better... man oh man. talk about bad bad bad cs. you advertise something in multiple places for more than one day, but no sale was actually occurring and you say to people who bought your product, well we don't do sales on the weekend. (implied, your fault for buying it...)

and in the middle of this game being so utterly broken... yeah that's how you keep what paying customers you have left. Pretty sure I read that in the manual

• bpstuartbpstuart Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    It is occurrences like this one that continue to feed my growing financial distrust in this product.
    Nothing is going to hurt this game's bottom line than a Skittish customer base but lately i can't see how anyone could anything but apprehensive.
    Ego etiam cupo recrari et amari diu post mortem meam
    I too wish to be recreated, and to be loved long after my death.
  • zeneisezeneise Member Posts: 10 Arc User

Hi folks! The in-game calendar is displaying inaccurate information. The summer charge promo is not scheduled to start yet. When it starts, there will be an official blog and social media notice. We are in the process of removing the incorrect information from the game calendar. Please note that promos do not typically begin on a weekend date.

If you have questions or concerns regarding your Zen purchase, please contact CS.

Why do you need just a couple of minutes to answer to questions about ZEN and $$$???
  • swashbuckler#0625 swashbuckler Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Totally agree adinosil; that would be an acceptable resolution for both parties!
  • shadowscar76shadowscar76 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    I also agree the adinosii
    Cadniri(TR) -- GL of Avengers Midwest
  • vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    adinosii said:

What they simply have to do is to give the appropriate bonus rewards to anyone who would have qualified if the event had started "for real"

Having to wait for the rewards until it acrually starts would be fair, though.

Basically this.

I'd hold the pitchforks and torches until the event actually starts, and then start storming the Bastille if people don't receive the rewards they thought they were going to receive when purchasing Zen.

I don't believe I've purchased any Zen during this snafu with the calendar, but I do think that the customers who did because they saw it listed should be appropriately compensated. Players are told to reference the in-game calendar for information about upcoming events, so it wouldn't be fair or tasteful to turn around and say, "Well, you should have looked somewhere else for the information, not at that silly calendar."
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• scrublord#9152 scrublord Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Devs should pop a leg mount into anyone who charged's inventory :v would highly appreciate it after near 5 years of playing and god knows how much money poured into the game
  • cheerz4beerzcheerz4beerz Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    All they have to do is honor the items that anyone who charged zen during the inaccurate dates should have received and they are fine. Laughably incompetent, but fine. Why the very first response wasnt something along those lines is beyond me.
  • shiani1shiani1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 316 Arc User
    adinosii said:

What they simply have to do is to give the appropriate bonus rewards to anyone who would have qualified if the event had started "for real"

Having to wait for the rewards until it acrually starts would be fair, though.

I think this is the very best resolution for sure! I hope this is what they do. I didn't even see the event, so when I bought Zen I didn't realize I hadn't received something that was advertised. And I only bought a small amount. But this is a great solution for both sides! Good thinking and thanks for posting it :)
    Kianni Ravenmoon and Izyana Sol'Eetah

• sultan#4303 sultan Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Unacceptable. Especially for those of us that spent the full $200 and expected the promo items as promised. Something should be done as far as compensation asap. I will not be satisfied unless the exact items promised are distributed.
  • kinamara#3934 kinamara Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    Sadly I am not very surprised. As for the in game Calendar. It was on there for well over a month, so they had a massive amount of time to fix it, not like it was accidentally put in a day or few days ago by mistake, been there for a long time, so for everyone that bought it because they do what they are told to do check the calendar for events should be given exactly what the event promised.

The person that posted the response the got from contacting HR is exactly what I expected to see, a very generic message of we are sorry and working on it thank you for understand they give for basically every single thing you contact them with....

As for the ones saying just be civil and understanding and they will work with you.....Honestly yeah people should be civil but also in a case where the company is 100% in the wrong and had more than enough time to fix a in game calendar problem no matter how uncivil people end up being with the company those people deserve exactly what they were promised for the money they spent as well.

I am basically an outside observer with this game now but for those affected I hope that honor the mistake that is solely on them or give a full refund (honestly whether pat of the zen was spent already or not since in the past many events such as this had a delay before getting the promo items and customers should not be expected to put what they want to do on hold after spending their money to wait days before they can use what they spent their money on....
  • sgtpostal#4408 sgtpostal Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    wow good thing i wasnt payin attention an missed this bc if i had spent the money an then this happened ida been seriously PISSED lol
    but ya i agree they should honor it to those who spent the money even tho "it wasnt really happening" bc they sayin it was being posted by mistake but will they.... who knows
    heres to hoping they do right like they did with the issue they had while back where "free" items where being listed on the ps store in error an they decided to honor those free items on evrythng cept the lege beholder tank to those that tried to get the items b4 they were taken off the ps store
    so heres to hoping for those affected by this "mistake"
  • modestmouse75modestmouse75 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    I put a ticket in once I discovered that I was not the only one. In the off chance here is the ticket number 190603-000042.
    I really hope that they simply honor what was suppose to be given as I already spent the Zen.
    SW:Mouse
    OP:MisfitMouse
  • crizpynutzcrizpynutz Member Posts: 349 Arc User
    > @adinosii said:
    > What they simply have to do is to give the appropriate bonus rewards to anyone who would have qualified if the event had started "for real"
    >
    > Having to wait for the rewards until it acrually starts would be fair, though.

This right here.
  • merik1999merik1999 Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

tony9471 said:

Awesome, wasted my money... Really seems like the devs don't care about this game anymore. we should at least should get some sort of compensation for the false advertisement.

File a ticket and request a refund. Explain the reasons why. I'm sure they will take care of you, if you are nice about it.
    i did file a ticket and the answer was, "we will provide updates through our official news pages and forums"

....er? Huh? Its simply really. Either refund the money or provide the reward...
  • arailem#1581 arailem Member Posts: 47 Arc User

Please note that promos do not typically begin on a weekend date.

Yeaaaaaah.

You know the last thing you should say? A nice backhanded version of "your fault for not actually paying attention".

Which is literally what you just did. Not exactly great personal relations there.
    kreatyve said:

File a ticket and request a refund. Explain the reasons why. I'm sure they will take care of you, if you are nice about it.

This passive aggressive attitude coming from a community moderator gives me concern as someone who's been a forum moderator (not here) in the past.

Players have a right to be really angry about this. I get being nice, because that makes it easier on everyone, but you can still be "nice" about it while also being extremely pissed off at how staff and devs are handling this.
    Sunshine SaltmineIs only game, why you have to be so buttmad?
  • gripnir78gripnir78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 374 Arc User
    I start to think that they really start to sabotage their own game....

Taking current "state of the game" there is no other explanation....
    UPDATE: They are giving refunds now. Just spoke with customer service and Refunds are going to be processed. Providing, of course, you did not spend any zen...in that case well, too bad i guess, and stop believing everything you read in-game
  • scrublord#9152 scrublord Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    merik1999 said:

UPDATE: They are giving refunds now. Just spoke with customer service and Refunds are going to be processed. Providing, of course, you did not spend any zen...in that case well, too bad i guess, and stop believing everything you read in-game

that's screwed for anyone who has spent their zen, while i get the CS's standpoint it's pretty unfair as we all charged for the promo event. Not saying it's CS's fault for not giving refunds, probably just following their mandatory rules, while the devs in some way should make it up to those who charged.As for the charge event, Which seemingly is now not happening? or atleast not until summerfest comes around in about 40 days(hasn't came back onto the in-game calender if it is coming back).

merik1999 said:

that's screwed for anyone who has spent their zen, while i get the CS's standpoint it's pretty unfair as we all charged for the promo event. Not saying it's CS's fault for not giving refunds, probably just following their mandatory rules, while the devs in some way should make it up to those who charged.As for the charge event, Which seemingly is now not happening? or atleast not until summerfest comes around in about 40 days(hasn't came back onto the in-game calender if it is coming back).
    The reason they can't give refunds if you spent any of the zen you purchased is there is no way of doing that. It is like refunding an ice-cream you already ate. The way the software works for a refund is pretty simplistic. you just reverse the transaction. if there is nothing to reverse or the whole amount is not there, it can't be done.
    Maybe they can credit your account or ACTUALLY give you what you were expecting. Which is what I truly hope they do. I didn't not want to gamble that they would do this, so i asked for a refund and luckily i did not spend any zen yet....
    Im just glad I was at work so I was spared more cryptic stupidity. "You should know we dont start events on weekends" oh I'm sorry, I gave you too much credit in assuming you could set your own calender correctly.

The refunds are all well and good but when I purchase zen I usually have a zen market purchase in mind. I probably would have spent at least some of it before seeing my rewards didnt go through.

They have to honor the rewards for people that made the purchases during their incorrect dates and that's all there is too it. Its essentially fraud otherwise and they are just trying to blow it off.

Save your receipts and contact customer service when the event starts and demand your rewards people!
  • darkheart#6758 darkheart Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    Seems there is a pretty simple solution and again all it would take is aome communication from the devs, along these lines:

For those did not spend your purchased zen, contact client support for a full refund. For those that spent some or all purchased zen, you will receive your reward when the event goes live on correct date.

Simply put if this isn't the solution and those that spent some of their zen get nothing from the rewards: simple solution, file a class action lawsuit for False advertising. It shouldn't be that hard to find an attorney that would take this on with no retainer fee.
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    edited June 2019

this is something the company really needs to honor. this really does veer into the fraud category if not. no overt politeness kissupedness should be required. it was advertised for a long time that way showed up in game that way. no two ways about it. false advertising. and it honestly is a crime.

this is one you guys just need to honor. (no I'm not affected by this. no more money coming from me probably ever after this ongoing fiasco of the last few months)

False advertising. In most cases the company has to honor the fallacy of their advertisement to those who made the purchase. Instead of going to customer service, the company should award to anyone who purchased enough zen the zen awards. It is on the company at this point as they waited until after the fact to correct it, it should not be on the customer.

Working in the industry of customer service in prior jobs, the companies I have worked at all honored our mistake and allowed customers to purchase said items at said advertise pricing, company mistake company should pay the price.

If Cryptic makes the customers do the leg work than I would ask for 2x the amount spent back do to the customer doing their job, fixing their mistake. Cryptic needs to step up here at least.

So far I haven't seen anything worth my money to buy in this game and mistakes like releasing mod 16 in its wrenched state and this are all good reasons not to support this game further.

Glad I was out enjoying the sun this weekend instead of being fooled once again by Cryptic.

> @nitocris83 said:
    > Hi folks! Unfortunately since I am not on the CS team, I cannot make statements on their behalf as to how they will handle incoming tickets - if players will be reimbursed, if the items will be granted when the event starts, etc. I do urge players to submit a ticket if they purchased Zen during the time period the promo was displayed on the calendar.
    >
    > A final note: I'm sorry for the tone of my initial response. While it is not meant to be an excuse, it was over the weekend and I was typing on my phone while also handling a cranky four year old. Regardless of the neutral intent behind the comment, I can see how it came across as defensive/accusatory and I apologize.

Apology accepted but you have to realise there are people potentially out hundreds of dollars right now. We need an actual response with solutions to this sooner than later.
  • sgtpostal#4408 sgtpostal Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    give them what would have been given if the charge event had actualy been live an not an error
    had it not been an error no money would have been spent on the players part until the event was LIVE ANYWAYS and the rewards then would stiull have been given bc the money had been spent on the actual charge event an not dring this "error"
    so the company is not LOSEING out on anything by doing so bc all rewards would have eventualy been given to the players ANYWAYS bc they spent the money on the event
    so not like the company is realy losing anything anyways.... its jus a matter of steppin up and honoring this "error" that was displayed in more than one place in-game
  • varistrasvaristras Member Posts: 1 Perfect World Employee
    edited June 2019
    Greetings adventurers,

I’m Varistras from the CS team to answer your question.
    We are fully aware of the impact this mistake has caused and in the name of the entire team here, we sincerely apologize for this misleading situation.

We are currently putting on hold all tickets regarding this issue until we find a satisfying solution for everyone, with the combined efforts of Cryptic and PWE team. While we have not communicated our plan of action yet, we still want to inform you that we have no intention to let down anyone that purchased ZEN during the specific timeframe this event was wrongfully displayed.

We shall ask you a little bit more patience while we are working on that issue, we will get back to you as soon as possible.

Regards,
    Varistras