test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

About Convalescence

kangkeokkangkeok Member Posts: 1,123 Arc User
So what does it do? Just convert divine barrier into healing? So if divine barrier is 100 and healing is 200, convalescence change it to 0 barrier + 300 heal? If so what's the point of it? Isnt it the same? Hope someone could enlighten me.

Comments

• majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    Looks like it heals you for the amount equal to the original heal instead of a barrier only more so for the 10s you're under Shield of Faith. After that duration subsequent divine touch applications erects the barriers again.

[6/2 3:34] [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Divine Touch gives 81147 (72131) Hit Points to you.
    [6/2 3:34] [Combat (Self)] Your Convalescence gives 81147 Hit Points to you.

It doesn't seem to convert existing barriers if a player is topped off and under the effect of a current barrier. However, it appears to not provide a new barrier but converts the barrier to direct healing if the player in question is NOT topped off.

I normally don't have it slotted as I went with Divine Intervention to add a barrier onto Lay on Hands. I can kind of see the appeal if you slot SoF and included it in your rotation as an OKeepr. It looks like it can help keep team mates topped off with the extra healing provided, but personally I would just prefer to top them off with CT or even Cure spam if I'm that hardcore about keeping folks topped off. Bottom line - Use what works for you and gets the job done. My two coppers.

~Shia~

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 60, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 60, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 60, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • kangkeokkangkeok Member Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    I don't know, I feel like it does nothing. If a person with 500hp + 200 divine barrier got hit with 600 damage, he is left 100hp. If the 200 divine barrier got converted into hp, he now has 700hp. Then he got hit with 600 damage and he is still left with 100hp. I don't see any difference. Or maybe someone can correct me.
  • majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    Like I mentioned, I went with Divine Intervention on live. To me (while it doesn't seem all that bad for what it does) it still seems like a pretty tight window to derive some benefit from it. 10 sec of no barriers and just healing, but if someone needs that kind of healing, why not just pop LoH instead of SoF AND one of the healing encounters or give them a couple of shots of CT. I dunno, maybe somebody who uses it often can explain its benefits.
    ~Shia~

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 60, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 60, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 60, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
    I see no benefit to use this feat at all. In fact, its a nerf to paladin healing. Those converted healing can't heal past a person max hp while unconverted divine barrier can.
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    If you make a barrier based build (and you should imo as a tank main) then the feat is a bad choice.

If you don’t make a barrier based build then it’s the better of the 2 feats, because it lets you heal the whole party for more.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
    edited June 2019
    Ok, after a careful thinking, I take my previous claim back. I think I figure out the usefulness of this feat. Its more to do with the situation u are in. In a situation where your party hp is very low but they are NOT getting constant beating, then this feat comes in play.

The thing here is that although barrier is nice that it can provide hp beyond max hp, it has a flaw that they do not stack (except with other paladin, still has to be proven though). So on the 1st heal, u get 300 heal + 300 barrier, the next heal, you only get 300heal while the barrier is maintain at 300. That mean on 2nd heal u only get a total of 300hp IF your barrier did not get hit.

So in a situation where the group is getting constant beating on every sec, this feat basically does nothing. If its in a bursty situation, where your party getting burst of high damage every 2-3sec, then this feat comes into play.