test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Barbarian/Fighter companion slots

dragon1cedragon1ce Member Posts: 3 Arc User
I heard that classes are ballanced.Why barbarian with DPS path have 3 defensive companions?And other dps classes have 3 offensive in the way ?It's not that hard to be made.
DPS path 3 offensive/ Tank path 3 deffensive.Make it ballance.It's not only my opnion do a survey ask every barbarian out there.But this is not balanced no even a bit .
Can atleast get a explanation why has to have 3 DEFENSE slot as a DPS buils ?
Tagged:

Comments

• dragon1cedragon1ce Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    OR why its DPS output so low.Even with not enough offensive companion slots.I have better stats than most CW HR TR i play with and they got like 20-100 % more DPS than me like ... always.YOU just destroyed this class totally.Not worthy for a tank,Not worthy as DPS its like the ugly boy nobody wants to date .You know how hard is to be invited in dungeon runs as dps barbie ? like 1 in 100.And as tank ? I don't know anybody who want barbie as a tank.It S*** more than S.G.- (you know who i mean -she is retired now and streaming).Have any of you who decided to nurf it that bad atleast tried to play it in mod 16 ?Try it -test serves full gear PVP PVE its not worthy at all .Barbarians in whole game deserve atleast explanation about this.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    They made a design mistake of having slots "by class" and not "by role"...meaning that you got the "Tank" slots by default...not the "DPS" slots.

A similar problem exists for Warlocks and Clerics - both have Heal and DPS roles so you would expect them to have the same slots....but no.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Fairly certain that they don't assign slots by Role because it wouldn't work with the ability to assign all pets to all loadouts. Of course there would be ways to work around that, but it's likely the rationale behind what we have.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,184 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    Does it even matter? Defensive slot can host a companion that gives you offensive stat and ability. At least my barbie happens to have more offensive stat from its defensive slots than its offensive slot. Yes, I should replace the pet in the offensive slot.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • midnightitamidnightita Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    dragon1ce said:

OR why its DPS output so low

Let me tell you why. Because they buffed all other DPS classes giving them all the same base weapon damage, which before GWF had the highest. So they buffed other DPS and nerfed gwf at the same time, they also nerfed gwf by removing all of his self buffs, which made the class strong.

Side note... they made IBS an average encounter, when it used to be our best, now it's frenzy (???) clunky, slow and 15+ sec cooldown, our rotation now is SO BAD, all our damage comes from frenzy and savage advance, the rest is spam relentless for like 10-15 secs waiting for each encounter and hope to crit.

• adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    actually, it doesn't really make a big difference. You put Deppcrow hatchling into the offensive slot, Alpha Compy into the utility one, an Energon into one defensive slot, the companion that gives +4000 Power (don't remember which one) into the second defendive slot and something else, say, a companion with incoming healing bonus into the third one... this should give you a pretty solid setup.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • drumon88drumon88 Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    dragon1ce said:

OR why its DPS output so low.Even with not enough offensive companion slots.I have better stats than most CW HR TR i play with and they got like 20-100 % more DPS than me like ... always.YOU just destroyed this class totally.Not worthy for a tank,Not worthy as DPS its like the ugly boy nobody wants to date .You know how hard is to be invited in dungeon runs as dps barbie ? like 1 in 100.And as tank ? I don't know anybody who want barbie as a tank.It S*** more than S.G.- (you know who i mean -she is retired now and streaming).Have any of you who decided to nurf it that bad atleast tried to play it in mod 16 ?Try it -test serves full gear PVP PVE its not worthy at all .Barbarians in whole game deserve atleast explanation about this.

Missing 2 offensive slots does hurt us but not as badly as people think.

Everyone else:
    * offense: 8k power (legendary deepcrow hatchling) + 4k power and 2k arpen (kenku archer) + 4k power and 2k CA (mercenary)
    * defense: 4% crit sev and 8k CA (baby bear)
    * utility: 5% power (alpha compy)

Barbs:
    * offense: 8k power (legendary deepcrow hatchling)
    * defense: 4k power and 2k arpen (kenku archer) + 4% crit sev and 8k CA (baby bear) + 4k Power and 2k Awareness (minstrel)

Other DPS classes get up to 16k power plus 10k CA plus probably overcapped arpen plus 4% critsev plus 5% base power.
    Barbs get 16k power plus 8k CA plus probably overcapped awareness plus 4% critsev plus 5% base power.
    How much does 2k CA matter? Not much, depends on how much CA you already have since it's not linearly tied to DPS but between 0.5% and 1.2% dps.

Where it DOES hurt us is in the AD value of the companions barbs need to get these stats compared to what "pure" dps classes need to get their stats. Will cost a barb close to 5x as much. Namely because the Kenku Archer hasn't been available in 3 years, was a Zen store bundle deal, and on the very rare occasion they go up on the AH they go for 3+ million AD for a green.
  • werdandi#8366 werdandi Member Posts: 335 Arc User
    drumon88 said:

dragon1ce said:

Everyone else:
    * offense: 8k power (legendary deepcrow hatchling) + 4k power and 2k arpen (kenku archer) + 4k power and 2k CA (mercenary)

Barbs:
    * defense: 4k power and 2k arpen (kenku archer) + 4% crit sev and 8k CA (baby bear) + 4k Power and 2k Awareness (minstrel)

Other DPS classes get up to 16k power plus 10k CA plus probably overcapped arpen plus 4% critsev plus 5% base power.
    Barbs get 16k power plus 8k CA plus probably overcapped awareness plus 4% critsev plus 5% base power.
    How much does 2k CA matter? Not much, depends on how much CA you already have since it's not linearly tied to DPS but between 0.5% and 1.2% dps.

Where it DOES hurt us is in the AD value of the companions barbs need to get these stats compared to what "pure" dps classes need to get their stats. Will cost a barb close to 5x as much. Namely because the Kenku Archer hasn't been available in 3 years, was a Zen store bundle deal, and on the very rare occasion they go up on the AH they go for 3+ million AD for a green.
    Archer kenku is in wonderous bazaar (or in the tarmalune store?), fyi; I guess he costs 160K iirc.
    People try to scam others by buying him, then reselling on AH.

• darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    Assuming they wont change that companions are by class instead of role, the most fair solution would be 2xoffensive, 2xdefensive, 1xutility for classes with DPS / Tank Role like GF and GWF.

But as said, defensive companions can have offensive stats too.

Btw I am seing some (not much) GWF doing very good dmg on par with the other classes, I dont know the class so I cant give more info, but the problem is that most people are lost because they cant understand anything but copy a guide and follow a rotation.

We are still experimenting with classes, people want the best performance in day 1 or come here to cry for nerfs / buffs. And there are things that need to be fixed, companions not working, and lots of changes coming with next big patch, so we will see the new meta.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • elthariionelthariion Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    drumon88 said:

dragon1ce said:

Everyone else:

Barbs:

You might have misleading information on BIS companions.

Kenku archer is offensive or utility slot, so not usable in defensive slot, so not BIS for Barbarians/Fighters.
    Bear cub seems nice with 4% crit sev + 8k CA, but it's a 10% chance proc with a 6s uptime for 30s cd, so pretty bad actually.

Top 3 offensive companions are :
    - Tamed Velociraptor : 10k power (bugged atm and gives 5 stacks even if you are alone using it)
    - Deepcrow Hatchling : 8k power
    - Netherese Arcanist : +5% damage against enemies that are not facing you

Barbarians/Fighters can only take one because they are offensive only.
  • cheerz4beerzcheerz4beerz Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    Check the companion spreadsheet. There are ones that are offensive/defensive, offensive/utility, etc. Meaning you can put them in either of those slots.

There are a lot of options and you can have power in every slot if you wish.
  • bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    Sorry its alpha compy in utility and deepcrow for offensive companion slots, almost no deviation. There are a few defensive companions that give power (allure and might ioun stones) but its not the same level of power or damage that an offensive can do(4k power from allure vs 8k power from deepcrow). And at a certain level of power, a straight power increase is outdone by damage bonuses. I would rather have that Netherese arcanist and his 5% bump than 4k power allure ioun stone. Not saying there aren't options, but they are far more offensively limited than other "dps" classes. Long Cool-downs, a less-than-attractive rotation and some bad feats for barbs are for another discussion.
  • drumon88drumon88 Member Posts: 142 Arc User

drumon88 said:

dragon1ce said:

Everyone else:

Barbs:

You might have misleading information on BIS companions.

Kenku archer is offensive or utility slot, so not usable in defensive slot, so not BIS for Barbarians/Fighters.
    Bear cub seems nice with 4% crit sev + 8k CA, but it's a 10% chance proc with a 6s uptime for 30s cd, so pretty bad actually.

Top 3 offensive companions are :
    - Tamed Velociraptor : 10k power (bugged atm and gives 5 stacks even if you are alone using it)
    - Deepcrow Hatchling : 8k power
    - Netherese Arcanist : +5% damage against enemies that are not facing you

Barbarians/Fighters can only take one because they are offensive only.
    Well, I dun goof'd on the kenku archer. Must've gotten off by a line when looking at the spreadsheet.

I was specifically avoiding the raptor because it's a bug, not WAI, and subject to change (eventually).

I'm using the baby bear on an alt and I'm 99.9% positive I have much much better uptime than the supposed ICD would dictate. At a guess, it's broken, but you're correct in that it's not as good as I thought it was.

I'm curious what the actual uptime on the netherese arcanist's bonus is. I expect it's gonna be a lot easier for some classes than others to maintain, but nowhere near 100% for anybody on most bosses (especially in LOMM where it really matters). I suppose whether it's the correct choice is determined by each character's power level. For example right now my main is at 130k power and each additional 1k is only giving me about 0.45% damage according to Janne's calculators.

Also, good lord, the alpha compy's 94 million AD on the AH currently.