test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Astral Diamonds

2»

Comments

• sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    edited May 2019

If you read here on the official wiki, I posted my personal thoughts on how to generate AD.

Did a quick scan of the wiki page, seems you missed that when VIP is active you get a AD bonus on random queues and other stuff. So it does help to have VIP.

I believe that tiny RAD boost is only for running dungeons? Which is something I did mention and I avoid running random dungeons. The game should be fun to play, not something you clock into and get to work grinding AD. The vast majority of the AD I make is from items I sell in the AH. You start by getting working capital from the six AD quests (or random dungeons if you like) and from there, it is buy low and sell high. At present, all my characters are engaged with the Challenge Quest from Sybella. About to have enough companion tokens to upgrade one to legendary. So while you buy your VIP and grind away at the same dungeons over and over, I am out having fun and still making AD. I cannot imagine running the same thing again and again, even if I was accompanied by my friends, it would not seem fun. As long as you enjoy it, keep doing what you enjoy. I will make a note about the VIP RAD boost on my page. Thanks.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,489 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    I think the RAD boost applies to everything that gives you RAD. I get 5500 RAD from the Lost boxes, for instance.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    "Farming crafting" is generally gather the MW mats from explorer's cases.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.

I think the RAD boost applies to everything that gives you RAD. I get 5500 RAD from the Lost boxes, for instance.

Thank you, I did add a note to that page, and even linked to VIP Program for those interested in using it. But I don't see a 15% bonus AD as "worth" having VIP as that is still regulated under the 100K per day cap and doesn't effect buying and selling in the AH. Invoking daily has my bonus AD always filled, and the +15% cannot grant me 115K per day. If I sell 1 million AD worth of items in the AH, I would still make 1 million and not 1,150,000 AD. I see this about as pointless as any other bonus the VIP program has to offer me. The day they make the program worth my investment, I will start paying $10 per month cash. Until then, it is just a middle man to obtain a free scratch off lottery ticket, hoping in vain to hit the jackpot.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • tribbulatertribbulater Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    @Sandukutupu :
    VIP boost is, iirc, +15% rAD on everything that gives rAD as a 'reward' (at VIP Rank 7). So Dungeons, Skirmishes, Dungeon End Chests, Heroic Encounters, Overflow XP rewards. However it does not apply to things like Astral Diamond bags and the 1,000 rAD purchases from campaign/stronghold vendors.

You also get extra bonus rAD from invoking, extra bags from invoking, extra HP (self and party), extra XP. Along with the invoke-anywhere, summon Signpost, Mailbox, Seal/Profession vendors, and Wondrous Bazaar discount, I certainly don't see the benefits of VIP as 'pointless'. That's just me though.
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,489 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    The 10% AD bonus makes it a bit faster to hit the 100k daily, and this is in particular noticeable after mod 16 made it a lot harder to hit the cap. If you are among those not hitting the daily cap the extra 10% is straight increased income.

The main income from VIP however is from the lockbox keys. I make 20-30k AD per day beyond the 100k cap from selling the content of opened lockboxes, plus the tradebars from opening them. This is without ever getting one of the top rolls like a legendary mount.

This goes a good way towards paying for the VIP.

Then all the other nice stuff from VIP becomes a pure free bonus. And let me also add that the daily 3 free loot rerolls also have an economic effect as it increases the chances for getting the expensive drops in dungeons.

I think it is correct to say VIP pays for itself, at least as long as you log on each day to collect your daily VIP boxes.
  • tribbulatertribbulater Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    @mentinmindmaker :+1:

Agreed. With the proviso that I purchase VIP minimum 3 months at a time, with at least a 20% discount. So that's 720 Zen per month, or 540,000 AD converted to Zen (per month). I feel that overall in AD, extra rewards, rerolls, time savings etc. that it saves me at least that much per month. Oh, and the 'list your items on AH with no posting fee' helps too.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    It really depends on your habit and the way to operate.
    For me, without VIP, I cannot play properly.

The most important VIP feature for me is to bring up the bank portal (the shared bank). This feature is more or less the center piece of the inventory organization of my account. They were smart and put that in VIP 12. Hence, I got VIP 12 when VIP came out. Yes, I max out the shared bank which I used as the inventory distribution hub (not for long term storage).

The re-roll token is only available in VIP.

In mod 16, VIP gives 5 health potions per character per day.
    If you don't need health potion to play the game, this is your gold. If you don't have enough gold for the workshop, this is your source.

Without the shared bank and mailbox portal, I would not be able to do workshop because I need to move around stuff among characters.

With all the stuff I pick up from the ground, the seal vendor is how I sell stuff for gold when my inventory is filled in the middle of no where.

Then, no posting fee for AH. Well, if you are really short of inventory space, dumping stuff to AH is also your no cost extra inventory space. e.g. you have an item X. Sell it for 10 times of the normal price. If it is sold, great. If not, you have a "temp inventory slot" to hold the item for a few days and then, the item goes back to your mail box. That does not count against your mail box cap but it does count as one AH posting until you take the item out from mail.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***

I that sure is odd, I have tons of them and they are not coming from VIP. I wish I could trade them but they are bound of course. I hardly ever use them, I image they will be with me a very long time.

Without the shared bank and mailbox portal, I would not be able to do workshop because I need to move around stuff among characters.

I did the max workshop with my jewel crafter, just the one character. I liked the changes, but that is no longer a focus or needed. I know players can craft items to make extra gold and AD. The workshop is kind of like a game within the game. I may have stuck with it longer, if there was some plot point, other than helping the old workshop owner out.

With all the stuff I pick up from the ground, the seal vendor is how I sell stuff for gold when my inventory is filled in the middle of no where.

What I get the most of is gems, they are mass recycled to RP, and I am starting to build up a stockpile of RP, so lately I have been selling them for gold. I have +5000 gold on my account and for selling I use the artifact catalog, they are one time buy, and no need to upgrade it.

Then, no posting fee for AH. Well, if you are really short of inventory space, dumping stuff to AH is also your no cost extra inventory space. e.g. you have an item X. Sell it for 10 times of the normal price. If it is sold, great. If not, you have a "temp inventory slot" to hold the item for a few days and then, the item goes back to your mail box. That does not count against your mail box cap but it does count as one AH posting until you take the item out from mail.

I always get the posting fee back when I sell, not like they are going to make the 10% commissions free. As for fast travel, I have teleportation scrolls on all characters. The mount gets me back to PE fast enough. If I am stuck or in someplace deep, for example, in that new Undermountain, I pop a scroll. It costs 100 AD last time I bought any. I don't use them often. I am not spoiled about having to traveling from point to point. My inventory space is 4 guilds with 2 bank panes each. The total is 384 unbound bank slots. There are now more banking locations with Chult and Yawning Portal as well. I like Chult as it is a low population zone and both the banks and mail are close by the entrance.
    wb-cenders.gif
    edited May 2019

I that sure is odd, I have tons of them and they are not coming from VIP. I wish I could trade them but they are bound of course. I hardly ever use them, I image they will be with me a very long time.

Did you have VIP? If you did, those were converted by the VIP dungeon keys.

I always get the posting fee back when I sell, not like they are going to make the 10% commissions free. As for fast travel, I have teleportation scrolls on all characters. The mount gets me back to PE fast enough. If I am stuck or in someplace deep, for example, in that new Undermountain, I pop a scroll. It costs 100 AD last time I bought any. I don't use them often. I am not spoiled about having to traveling from point to point. My inventory space is 4 guilds with 2 bank panes each. The total is 384 unbound bank slots. There are now more banking locations with Chult and Yawning Portal as well. I like Chult as it is a low population zone and both the banks and mail are close by the entrance.
    What I said had nothing to do with selling. It is just a way to have free extra temp storage. SInce you don't care, it is moot.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

No, it isn't. It comes in the Howling Adventurer Pack.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Re-roll tokens were created from the epic dungeon keys we had/have.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    edited May 2019

Are you talking about re-training token (for character spec) or re-roll token (for the chest)?
  • empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    In regards to VIP you can buy it at 40% off at anniversary event and black friday. At least thats been the reduction the past couple of years. So you can buy 6 months for around 3200 zen at anniversary and then another black friday. Once you buy the first one it pays for itself. What you get from lockbox keys you can sell enough to get 3200 zen on the exchange to buy at the next 40% and then you get to use or sell the stuff from the lockboxes. Depending on which lockboxes and the loot you get from them might devote say 2months worth of keys to getting the 3200. probably less than that but again depends on loot.
    edited June 2019

Are you talking about re-training token (for character spec) or re-roll token (for the chest)?
    Re-roll token for the chest... in addition to the rollable rewards, each Howling Adventure pack comes with one guaranteed Epic Dungeon Key. Which now auto-converts to a re-roll token. I'm not sure if the other Adventure packs do as well, but I know the Howling does. I have not had VIP in over a year, but I have dozens of re-roll tokens. I was buying the howling packs for the chance at companion upgrade tokens.

Edit: The Adventurer Packs also have this.
    Post edited by wintersmoke on
    I think I did open some of the Howling Adventurer Packs and the prior adventure pack too. I appreciate those of you enjoy the mystery meat loot box, I prefer to know what it is I am buying. I doubt you could ever convince me that VIP is such a sweet deal at any price. Removing damage caused by traps, for example, really does take something away from playing the game. Believe me when I say, the last thing I want to do is convince everyone to stop using VIP to open loot boxes for me. VIP players spend cash or AD on zen to pry open loot boxes and get Hellfire Engines one after another, I buy them up cheap and sell them when those boxes are gone. Six months from now, the mounts will be worth 5 to 10 times what I paid for them. Six months ago I bought Mist mounts, they will be put on the AH soon. Normally I gifted them as Foundry prizes but those days are gone and not coming back.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    Cryptic could fix all the problems with the ZAX and many many many more with 1 easy change... just make every item unbound

I think I did open some of the Howling Adventurer Packs and the prior adventure pack too. I appreciate those of you enjoy the mystery meat loot box, I prefer to know what it is I am buying. I doubt you could ever convince me that VIP is such a sweet deal at any price. Removing damage caused by traps, for example, really does take something away from playing the game. Believe me when I say, the last thing I want to do is convince everyone to stop using VIP to open loot boxes for me. VIP players spend cash or AD on zen to pry open loot boxes and get Hellfire Engines one after another, I buy them up cheap and sell them when those boxes are gone. Six months from now, the mounts will be worth 5 to 10 times what I paid for them. Six months ago I bought Mist mounts, they will be put on the AH soon. Normally I gifted them as Foundry prizes but those days are gone and not coming back.