test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Missing Pearl Ring of the Companion

uncl3b0b#6948 uncl3b0b Member Posts: 10 Arc User
edited May 2019 in General Discussion (PC)
I did the whole Undermountain Campaign and didn't drop Pearl Ring of the Companion. Where can I get it now? Where does it drop?
All me friends drop it ...

Comments

• namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    IIRC it is from one of the expeditions, you have to have found all 9 runes.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Find all the relics (9 each/3 per section) in the expeditions. If you miss one, you have to wait until they release more new comp gear.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    edited May 2019
    greywynd said:

If you miss one...

Or if like me on my first toon in UM, was too lazy, just wanted to be done fast, and didn't know that, "more relics = better reward", actually meant the only opportunity to get that gear in the mod, then yea, that toon is screwed till next mod. This is a surprisingly bad design considering all the effort the devs went through to dumb down the game and make it hard for newbies to make bad decisions. Now they have regret for missing out.

• uncl3b0b#6948 uncl3b0b Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Yes - this me second toon ... Sure, its Stop for me ... i Miss 12 000 point of stats ... (miss 2000+3000 Arm.Pen+Crit) x Bonding+Infu = 12 000 ... Stop play this game and wait "until they release more new comp gear" ... go out competition game ...

Yes - this me second toon ... Sure, its Stop for me ... i Miss 12 000 point of stats ... (miss 2000+3000 Arm.Pen+Crit) x Bonding+Infu = 12 000 ... Stop play this game and wait "until they release more new comp gear" ... go out competition game ...

Not really. The best blue companion gives the same amount of stats. It is just missing one runestone slot, which isn't too big of a deal.
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    The Pearl Ring drops from completing the levelling Expedition to Terminus and collecting all 9 relics in that Expedition.

I messed up my CW due to tiredness and missed it. :(
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    Same. Missed it. Hardly care now.
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • xtremozxtremoz Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    Same here.... that and missing high ilv companions gear with defensive slot... but why make them? No 1 cares about defensive status...
    Post edited by xtremoz on
  • cherryman1cherryman1 Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    Missing mine as well. Wish this was something that they would look into since this is a low hanging fruit issue that would make the game much better for players. Especially since they don't know they missed something unless they talk with other players or wonder why they don't do as much as other players.
    Guild Leader: Under the Influence
    Yule (Barb): 72k : Siren (TR): 78k : Torun (DC): 73k : Siren OP (OP): 76k : Siren SW (SW): 78k : Modern (F): 80k : Cherry1 (CW) : 68k Siren HR (HR): 78k
  • kristykay69kristykay69 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    For those of us that this was their first time through and the particular toon involved also happens to be our MAIN, I also consider this an issue since I did not get the drop either. Devs?

For those of us that this was their first time through and the particular toon involved also happens to be our MAIN, I also consider this an issue since I did not get the drop either. Devs?

Devs have said more comp gear is coming in M17.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    They eliminated the use of any level 70 gear that we put on our companions, such as primal rings. I felt like they should not have forced the companion gear on us until they had new items available. The only reasonable explanation is to get us to buy +4 and +5 gear from the AH to replace it, I know I did. That gear is not bound and can be resold, the new gear has to be much better for us to abandon the old epics.

I am thinking they are planning to make it bound, just speculation, then we cannot sell and trade them as we did in prior modules. I am wondering what method they plan to use to distribute the gear. Currently this ring is pretty good but not much better than a rank 4 epic. You get the epic ring in the expedition from Wyllowwood to Terminus. Currently there appears to be no method (other than not finishing it) to retake the quest.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    We should be allowed to replay this quest for the prizes, in bound stuff, not big RP and takes some time, why not allow to replay and block you to have the same item twice ?
    Same with the final quest belt that i've lost for parting with a guild member that asked for help...
    I Belive ME stuff gives the sema amount of RP...

Another possibility is to placethe Same itens we can get in the quest inn the drops list for ME and 3xEmpowered runes...
    rafaelda said:

We should be allowed to replay this quest for the prizes, in bound stuff, not big RP and takes some time, why not allow to replay and block you to have the same item twice ?
    Same with the final quest belt that i've lost for parting with a guild member that asked for help...
    I Belive ME stuff gives the sema amount of RP...

Another possibility is to placethe Same itens we can get in the quest inn the drops list for ME and 3xEmpowered runes...

They moved the collar from a combat drop to a quest reward. The belt is a quest reward from Helion Moonstar.

tbh, considering the jump in quality and ilvl of the new companion gear, it should've been handled like the class sigils. run the quest, claim it from the reward vendor. minimal work on the part of devs, basically copypasting code and changing the values for quest completion, and item activation. the only 'new' code required would've been for the items themselves, adding a tab to the reward vendor, and adding a level requirement for claiming them. ( so alts can't claim them before running the content, because i expect that's how the devs would want it to be for alts. )

I always laugh when I see suggestions like this. I've seen lots of situations where code-copying went wrong, sometimes terribly wrong. Even copied code needs to be vetted and tested. With all the bugs we've seen in the mod so far, testing is one area that needs to be worked on. Piling on extra features, especially ones just to make whiny players whole, is just asking for more bugs and headaches.
    When you complete the last campaign quest you also get two blue companion gear that are the same item-level and stats as the purple gear. The only difference is one offensive slot which really a not make a big difference in performance. Yet people talk like their character is completely ruined.
  • navras#4653 navras Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    > @namelesshero347 said:
    > When you complete the last campaign quest you also get two blue companion gear that are the same item-level and stats as the purple gear. The only difference is one offensive slot which really a not make a big difference in performance. Yet people talk like their character is completely ruined.

It makes a difference. A rank 15 empowered plus 3x bondings, you get more than %1.5 damage boost and every percentage is important after you have 150k power.

> @namelesshero347 said:

> When you complete the last campaign quest you also get two blue companion gear that are the same item-level and stats as the purple gear. The only difference is one offensive slot which really a not make a big difference in performance. Yet people talk like their character is completely ruined.

It makes a difference. A rank 15 empowered plus 3x bondings, you get more than %1.5 damage boost and every percentage is important after you have 150k power.

Then use a an old IG piece with double offense slot.
    does the campaign reset and do it again?
    The campaign does not reset.
    :'(
    Bye.