test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

which character to choose

cerberusforcescerberusforces Member Posts: 163 Arc User
Hello everyone
I think about going back to the game after a few months break. I had 3 favorite char:
1. gf (my favorite),
2. tr (it was fun to play)
3. gwf(like, but it is very OP, too popular).
Gf was great, i play like tank/buff. I spent two years for building this character, but now, Gf tank doesn' t convince me and i saw a lot of post about bugs.
About other char I didn't have time to check the changes. I only saw a lot of complaints.
Could someone write me your remarks about this char or about one of them? What do you think about this, etc.

Comments

• mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    What is your platform? PC, PS4 or XBox?
  • juan#5043 juan Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    I play ps4, I have a gf for three years, and I think it would be best to continue with your first choice, it will always be the most satisfying. On the other hand, it seems that they are solving a good part of the problems, so, in consoles at least, the game will still be fun, even without being able to be a tactician ...
  • bpstuartbpstuart Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    Well Mod 16 is gonna Drop for consoles soon and they will really change the playstyles of Great weapon fighter drastically.
    well it is goign to change a lot of everything so be prepared for it
    Ego etiam cupo recrari et amari diu post mortem meam
    I too wish to be recreated, and to be loved long after my death.
  • cerberusforcescerberusforces Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    I'm playing on PC. Maybe I should create OP tank? Gwf is probably not for me. Gf certainly not DPS.
    edited May 2019

I'm playing on PC. Maybe I should create OP tank? Gwf is probably not for me. Gf certainly not DPS.

Classes on PC no longer contain two names. They are now called: Wizards, Clerics, Rogues, Paladin, Fighter, Barbarian, Warlock, and Rangers.

Barbarian (GWF) now can tank and DPS.
    Fighters (GF) can also tank and DPS.
    Clerics and Warclocks can DPS and heal.
    Paladin can tank and heal.

The rest of the classes can only be damage dealers.
    In such games i dont like play DPS. I often have the feeling that's dps play with tank/heal because they must. I like play like tank, unsung hero xD
    But i'm not sure about gf yank. Maybe OP tank will be better. Or don't back to the game.

Make the most of your favorite character (your main) don't let negativity about classes, balance or dps influence your decision.

If you like gf, you're gonna adapt to the new module and still like it. Personally have many friends who main Fighter. They are aware of the issues with the class, but that doesn't stop them from being great tanks or dpsers and most importantly Having Fun!

Players are having fun with mod 16; are they ok? They should seek out a doctor immediately if they are having fun with mod 16. It is still a HAMSTER show in its current state. The update that are coming will improve the game but there are still issues around the game not being ACTION RPG MMO like it states; the game is more tactical and if I wanted to play a tactical RPG I would go play another game all together. I like action based RGP/MMO games and I hope Cryptic can fix that next as it is getting boring do to how slow combat is in the game.
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User

Players are having fun with mod 16; are they ok? They should seek out a doctor immediately if they are having fun with mod 16. It is still a HAMSTER show in its current state. The update that are coming will improve the game but there are still issues around the game not being ACTION RPG MMO like it states; the game is more tactical and if I wanted to play a tactical RPG I would go play another game all together. I like action based RGP/MMO games and I hope Cryptic can fix that next as it is getting boring do to how slow combat is in the game.

I do have fun in mod 16. Much more than in mods 3-15. Still mod 0-1-2 were the best. Maybe I am rare. Who knows.
    I will go to doctor later.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    If I'm not having fun with my main then its a thing right now, with everything being character bound. Like. I would probably have fun with a different class, and investing time on some old campaigns MIGHT be fun, but investing every little dime again into an alt isn't. Good companions are expensive, upgrading them even more so; I can run challenge campaings on all my alts to upgrade an epic to leg once in a while, but when will I be able to play that alt on the same level as my main? Alabaster gamble aside... It's a lot of AD.

And sticking to your main is just coming down to if you can actually enjoy your class as it NOW is. For some people, enjoying your class is being competitive @ endgame content and for others its having fun on dailys/SH/guild runs in RIQ/RAQ.
    It's a big change and I already had most classes at 70 to try out and see if I would like another one better - many people just have their one or two classes ready to compare, and levelling one now to properly compare it to your others isn't thaaat much fun anymore.
    (I fondly remember the experience tomes)

But yeah, try what you have now and just see if it makes u happy. Then you can either try the other classes or try if you can get it running in some way you like. Some class mechanics/stuffs seem particularly bad just because you remember what it was like before and how much you liked it. An open mind to new stuff might do the trick.

Like. I DO like general mechanics of arbiter now. It is kinda fun to play, a bit slow compared to what I was used to. Do I want to get it Lomm-ready? Oh NO
    Its kinda... what you expect from it and what you usually wanna run with it, if you just wanna chill for an hour or if u wanna get as many lomms down as fast as possible. (For whatever reason.)
    - bye bye -
  • rev#7881 rev Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    fighter (GF) to me was always the most fun but now it has some annoying mechanics and as a dps right now its probably the worst or one of the worst, as a tank i haven't tried it.

Barbarian (gwf), haven't played it but i keep hearing its on the bottom along side of the fighter in terms of dps, it can also tank now, but the animation is stupid (holding the sword in front of you)

Paladin its still the king in terms of tanking, does good dmg and gives op shields on the healer path (but divinity is a pain in the HAMSTER).

Tr from what i hear from guild members and read on the forums is top 3 dps.
    I played a few hours with my GF, tr, gwf and barbarian is not for me, tr is fun but prefer defender char. Gf is strange, I can't convince him. Probably the best option would be paladin for me, but rly I don't have a lot of time and I don't want makes against campaigns, collect and develop pets, do these boring quests for low lvl.
    And im still afraid that before I make a paladin, devs change someting and Paladin will be weak or they fixes GF tank xD
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    Paladin and Fighter are similar as tanks, Barbarian is the most unique tank option.

I have mained Paladin since they were added to the game, and I have only really ever played it as a Tank. Mod 16 made playing my Barbarian fun as an alternative tank.

I spent a lot of time on Preview during the testing of Mod 16 exploring the classes, and learning how to play them at least well enough to clear the content of the Campaign. This is important, the changes to how classes work are significant and it takes time to get a good grip on them and find the way they work for you. Feel free to read up other people’s advice (just skip the people whose posts are just empty complaints, you’ll learn them fast enough), but don’t feel obliged to stick with it absolutely. Reading up can also help you identify bugs to avoid.

If you have only ever played in the post Mod 6 environment, Mod 16 is a big change, and it’s going to take a while before the major systems are sorted out and fine tuning of classes commences. Just like it took a while for Mod 6 to get sorted.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    I have four similar geared DPS I did the campaign with and now doing MEs - TR, GF, CW, DC. Hands down, TR has best DPS and is pretty durable. GF is the worst in both DPS and durability.

Funny thing is I main all my alts but played my TR the least, almost rarely, in the past few mods. Now it is my defacto main.