test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

what keeps you guys playing this game?

for me i still log on because i love my cleric, i think she is cute and i like to dress her up.
i used to buy zen but unless they add some new vanity hairstyles i won't be doing that anymore

as far as doing content....well that died with module 15.....don't expect that to change anytime soon since its became obvious the focus is on getting new players into the game and giving elites that uber challenge they so desperately needed, while leaving the majority of us doing our "3 ME's" then logging off

Comments

• Options
    honestabe73honestabe73 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Nothing to be honest. I've moved on to another game, still check here to see if they have un-Hamstered any parts of the game. To bad really, NW was always my fall back when I got bored with other games. Put a decent amount of $$ over the years, hate to see it go to waste but alas, all things must end.
  • Options
    dingoballzdingoballz Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    I login get my VIP stuff do 3 ME's then go play UO. I used to drop a couple hundred $'s every time they had 1 of these Zen promotions thing but since the HAMSTER mod 15 I have only spent $10 on this game and that was only to buy 2 charactor tokens back during the recruitment thing. Wanted to try out different classes. I hate to just walk away as I have a founder account I paid $200 back during beta but now this is no where near the "FUN" game that I was so stupid to buy into. Believe me I'll never ever buy into anything this company has.
    "What is the sense of living the life you're given if all you ever do is stand in one place?" Lord Huron
  • Options
    kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User

I login get my VIP stuff do 3 ME's then go play UO. I used to drop a couple hundred $'s every time they had 1 of these Zen promotions thing but since the HAMSTER mod 15 I have only spent $10 on this game and that was only to buy 2 charactor tokens back during the recruitment thing. Wanted to try out different classes. I hate to just walk away as I have a founder account I paid $200 back during beta but now this is no where near the "FUN" game that I was so stupid to buy into. Believe me I'll never ever buy into anything this company has.

That's sort of me as well - except I don't do the MEs either. Just login, invoke on 1 toon only, pull VIP key, log off daily. I used to get pumped for zen sales, key sales, etc. Right now I have zero motivation to invest any $$$ in the game, as I do not enjoy playing it in its current form.

I will say however that I do feel hopeful that the game is going to get turned around. I see the devs are trying to respond to the mess that is Mod 16. It's just taking them a good while to fix it.

So I'll keep logging in daily to see where this grand experiment goes. And keep my purse strings firmly shut until I feel like the game is once again fun to play.
  • Options
    barkloud#8760 barkloud Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    I wonder if mod 16 impacted them financially. I spend no where near what other people do, but it was still 20 a month that is gone.

I am still scratching my head about how this went live. As a life long gamer, I have never seen anything g this bad ever be launched.

I mostly read the the forums out of bizarre fascination to see how this is fixed.

I understand and embrace difficult content. But the content they created is just broke. And worse, they scaled the difficulty but not the loot. So weird.
  • Options
    namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    What keeps me in the game? My VIP keys and 7.5 million RAD to refine. Why leave while I am still getting paid to log in.

I took five toons through the mod 16 campaign. They all have full R13 double and triple stat enchants, and are already capped all offensive stats and most defensive stats. I don't see the point to grind MEs and get gear that makes the enchants useless.

And RQ? I did a few RLQ. Even MotH and DL takes around 10 minutes. No more RQ for me.
  • Options
    sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    Me? I am a big fan of building and dumpster fires, I hear the sirens and jump in my power-chair to see what is going on. So there is that aspect of my personality. But mainly I am just an old flatulence with nothing better to do. Originally when I came here it was for the Foundry and I gave away gifts and prizes to people who played them. You can read more about it here. But the Foundry is all gone as of April 11th, so now I mainly stay to catch my whale friends, who show up once a month (more or less) seems like less and less, in the end the game will become a 3D chatroom like Second Life or IMVU where we all just stand around talking.

Until then have fun. <3
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Nothing, I have stopped logging in , my VIP is expired and I havent purchased anything since news of these changes was made available on preview.

• Options
    finmakinfinmakin Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    I Always take a big bucket of popcorn and watch the everlasting complainers in PE
    Ogguk The Beholder… Justicar Paladin Tank/ Healer
  • Options
    bumarog#0624 bumarog Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    I used to play on console, still read the forums but I have already let vip run out and removed the game from my hardrive. Just reading about mod 16 has been enough for me to quit but honestly then not giving consoles the option to hide all the unnecessary damage and combat numbers has been my biggest reason to leave this game. Not being able to see my character is a hard pill to swallow
    Strife the Savage 70 tr
    Strife the Sentinel 70 op
    Strife the Savior 70 dc
    Strife the Slayer 70 gwf
    Strife the Shield 70 gf
    Strife the Shank 70 hr
    Master
    Lords of Contempt
    Neverwinter ps4
  • Options
    dennizonndennizonn Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2019

I wonder if mod 16 impacted them financially. I spend no where near what other people do, but it was still 20 a month that is gone.

I am still scratching my head about how this went live. As a life long gamer, I have never seen anything g this bad ever be launched.

I mostly read the the forums out of bizarre fascination to see how this is fixed.

I understand and embrace difficult content. But the content they created is just broke. And worse, they scaled the difficulty but not the loot. So weird.

It seems unlikely that this didn't affect their bottom line. There is still money coming in probably, but the hit has to be noticeable or we would not have received an apology, and they would not have already announced efforts to reduce the negative effects of scaling.

One thing I am also baffled by is the point you make about scaling difficulty and not rewards. Perhaps another thread really delves into this, but I simply cannot understand making the loot system comprised mainly of endless green refining stones, virtually no gear, and no variety. When a DnD game loses sight of the fact that random rewards (with a chance for good and interesting drops) is a major draw, you have to scratch your head. The bottom line however, is that if you are going to make things harder, then the loot should correspond to the effort. If you are unwilling to do this, then you do not scale; it's simple.
    Post edited by dennizonn on
  • Options
    bumarog#0624 bumarog Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    ? seroiusly, you can't turn off the number spaghetti on console? just wow

Yeah my thoughts exactly, I truly loved the art style of this game but after years of asking for a simple option that EVERY Game of this sort gives its players I gave up even caring. Being able to actually see the characters we create carry out actions in the fantasy world of video games is ultimately first and foremost for me. Not giving consoles the option to play a game free of this useless screen mess is a sure sign that this game company is not designing a game I can ever enjoy
    Strife the Savage 70 tr
    Strife the Sentinel 70 op
    Strife the Savior 70 dc
    Strife the Slayer 70 gwf
    Strife the Shield 70 gf
    Strife the Shank 70 hr
    Master
    Lords of Contempt
    Neverwinter ps4
  • Options
    cambo1682cambo1682 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 164 Arc User
    Like others have posted, I'm actually not. Not much anyway. Haven't logged in a week and I still have VIP active. I've said it before, they will eventually work out scaling but the bigger "bummer" for me is the lame and limited power/feat/boon selections. They've turned the game into a condensed anemic version of it's former iteration. I probably dumped about $50-100 a month when I was playing, but I'm having a lot of fun with Red Dead Online and so far I've only spent about 7 bucks on that.
  • Options
    krumple01krumple01 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    I've been playing NW since the game launched.

I know it might sound silly but the resent dev streams blunder with the watcher set. Instead of admitting that the set was not obtainable because of a bug they throw out that its an Easter egg or a mystery to be solved, a puzzle. Turns out it was all a lie but it doesn't stop there. The community manager said in the previous dev stream that we would get a clue from her this week during the stream about the watcher set puzzle. No mention of it because it clearly was a lie.

I went to the preview server to test out the changes to the enchantments but the result is nothing new. Since my character is already capped on stats the double stat gain on my enchantments gives me a total of 3k more power and that's it. All the other stats are nullified by scaling so it wouldn't matter if they tripled the stats on the enchantments.

This next patch is purely a placebo patch. They are working purely off placation of the players now, willing to blatantly lie. If they are willing to do that, what prevents them from nerfing power when players start stacking radiant enchants to get 200k power? Rendering the double enchant "solution" as meaningless.

I'm just done.
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Simply put they listened to some uber whiners that the game was terrible.. maybe in the long haul these changes will be best for the game, but they ruined alot of what made the game intrinsically fun for alot of us. While I would've agreed to supremely nerfing lifesteal, getting rid of the multiplicative buff , power sharing and damage cycles. Alot of the game coudlve been changed to add more challenge, vs doing a complete revamp and destroying alot of the nuanced fun , including the feats and trees and such.

I have zero interest, beyond reading the forums, I will stop posting soon, just like I did when I took a year break last time.

Ive downloaded a bunch of games, but most modern mmos are pretty trash.

Frankly having more fun playing some old namco bandai games with the kids, then playing any current mmo lately.

• Options
    dingoballzdingoballz Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited June 2019

straight up? it's habit. that's it. it's not enjoyment, because i'm sick of grinding for stuff that doesn't drop. it's not the pace of the combat, because the enjoyable pace is gone. it certainly isn't any feeling that cryptic respect and care about the players, because it's absolutely clear that they don't respect us and don't give a toss about us, why else would their streams primarily consist of non-answers and straight up lies?. it's just habit. maybe a side of not wanting to let down guildies. but that's it.

Wow you hit it straight on the head there. No they do not care about us players all they care about is the money. I have stopped blaming this company and now place the blame on WTC for going bargain basement and then going 10 floors below that to find this company and hiring them.
    Around 6 weeks of doing the ME's and have gotten a few alabaster shields but still no main why is that? Who wants to have to login everyday to do what in game is referred to as "the daily disappointment quests" day after day for a month and a half and still not get the drop they need? When should we expect it to drop ? Maybe day before next mod kills off more of the original game.

"What is the sense of living the life you're given if all you ever do is stand in one place?" Lord Huron