test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

June 4 Q&A Stream

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
Greetings Adventurers,

On Tuesday, June 4 at 11am PT we will be holding another Q&A livestream! If you can't make it to the stream live or already have questions prepared, please post them as a response to this thread. Please note that posting here does not guarantee it will get answered - we will give priority to current content and actual questions (vs. comments/open-ended statements).

To check if your question has already been answer, make sure to check out the previous Q&A streams and written follow ups 1 & 2!

Comments

• bpstuartbpstuart Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    Not sure if these are too open ended but they are concerns that should be voiced. Feel free to answer them in text form via forums should they not be stream worthy.

1. Why was group play encouraged through coercive methods such as weakening players, instead of incentivizing through reward with boosted XP or increased treasure drops or something like an "Assist" rating that gives you new titles or prestige for helping other players? Was there a reasoning behind this strategy that benefited the game more than the other?

2. Since you are encouraging DPS characters to assist in random PvE situations would something like a local XP share mitigate the effects of XP loss from kill stealing? Kill stealing was why i refrained from assisting people in PvE situations in the past, but Thomas Foss seemed to encourage it in past streams. Will this spirit of cooperation be mechanically encouraged instead of mechanically discouraged as it is now?

3. How will the "Protecting Children from Abusive games act" AKA the loot box bill effect never-winter should it pass? Neverwinter has a Teen rating by the ESRB so it falls into a nebulous where it could be argued it is aimed at children so this bill may effect it. I have read through some of it and it doesn't specify a ratting that it is targeting. ( it may have and i missed it cause i hate reading political bills so i zoned out a little )
    Are there contingencies to make it subscription based or buy to play to shift financial support should the bill become law?
    Bill text: https://www.hawley.senate.gov/sites/default/files/2019-05/Loot-Box-Bill-Text.pdf

4. What changes in procedure will be made to assure that preveiw player's feed back is acknowledged. Many of the things related to scailing were voiced months before release and it is still being worked on a month after release. Or Conversely what is something Preview testers can do to more accurately call attention to issues that need addressed? Is there a method you would prefer that allows us to speak about bigger picture issues while still being informative?

5. Since the Powers and feats Q&A had been replaced by another Thomas Foss Q&A when will we be able to ask about powers and feats to someone who specializes in such things? Has a replacement date Been set.
    Ego etiam cupo recrari et amari diu post mortem meam
    I too wish to be recreated, and to be loved long after my death.
  • zhili666zhili666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 25 Arc User
    Please can you also update the Artifact Journals from Tales of Old events from til 150 to til 300 since you have already updated the artifact neck and belt from the same event to til 980?

Thanks.
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    Will the HP on most critters(Devils/Spiders/Beasts/Drakes are fine as they are) in the Stronghold be lowered beyond that of the global 10% already stated? At the moment it takes my 24k iL character at least 2 minutes to kill just one pack of 4 critters and that is if I am not being CC'd too much. Level 80s of lower iL are having a worse time of it.
  • midental#5256 midental Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    Guilds are near to death. We need a strong STRONGHOLD improvment to do group activities. Any plans to help us? Tyvm
  • wilbur626wilbur626 Member Posts: 1,019 Arc User
    Can we please have a transmute tab for our awesome capes?
    Elite Whaleboy
  • tichoslicer#4968 tichoslicer Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    - Why can't Barbarians and Warlocks dodge the traps on ME's? I can do it easily with my Hunter...
    - Why do we have to wait for everyone to loot the last chest of ME's to get the full AD/RP/Gold?
    - Why do we have to wait 1:40min to change instance/channel EVEN IN CITIES? That makes form parties for ME's really annoying...
    - Why some times the party members go to different instances/channels after leaving ME's? Again, this is really annoying...
    - Why do we have to be in the same instance/channel to be able to enter ME? Again², this is really annoying...
    - Can we get an 'auto-grouping' for ME's?
    Post edited by tichoslicer#4968 on
  • wemerywemery Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    q: can you add a Metallic Ancestry Dragonborn pack to zen market.. or add Sigil of the Metallic Ancestry Dragonborn to newer lockboxes ...
  • juergeng123juergeng123 Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    please show some love to the strongholds. Whats your plan to help small guilds to groww?
    Schließe dich meiner Gilde Valindras Fear an Gildenhalle 20 Marktplatz 9 Stall 9 Kasserne 9, Entdeckergilde 9
    Join my guild Valindras Fear GH20 Marketplace 9 Stable 9 Barracs 9 Explorer Guild 9
  • ananxiousnoob#0947 ananxiousnoob Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    When are you going to have the Q&A on feats, boons etc ?
  • soul#6332 soul Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Warlock has low DPS. Will you increase the warlock's DPS?
  • rualkgreywolfrualkgreywolf Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Will you rework some feats in the future? While thaumaturge mages' feats play around their general mechanic of fire and ice, dps barbarians' ones simply change the effect of some skills either forcing us to pick one of those skills or skipping the feat branch altogether
    I have already asked a question but another came to mind. Can you give campaign completion tokens to those of us who no longer wish to play the class that you have altered. My main is a Paladin and I do not want to play as either a healer or what is now in effect a GF. I would not have spent considerable amounts of real money on a class if I had known that YOU were going to alter that class beyond recognition. I have completed ALL of the campaigns, bar mod 15 and have all of the boons. I am not interested in enchantment etc exchange because that does not help me with boons. I am sure other players may feel the same about what you did to their class.
    So I will repeat my question Will you give bound campaign completion tokens to those of us who may wish to continue playing NW but want to level up a class of our choice to the same level as our main in compensation for your changes ?
  • rualkgreywolfrualkgreywolf Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    > 7- Why is the gear dropping in LoMM worse than the one dropping in Master Expeditions?

I'd like to elaborate this question before receiving a "but lomm has higher IL gear" as an answer: as stats are now, I prefer to use a lv 886 ebon chestpiece for my barbarian dps because the lv 1010 gear bonus gives defense (already hardcapped with the rest of the gear) while the ebon breastplate from ME, while giving me less basic stats, has a power that gives me 3k to 9k power almost always up (and it will keep on getting better as I raise my base power) making it better than the lomm restored gear for a dps. Now, I know this is a barbarian specific case, but from the comments I read ingame, this can be applied to many other classes as well
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User

I have already asked a question but another came to mind. Can you give campaign completion tokens to those of us who no longer wish to play the class that you have altered. My main is a Paladin and I do not want to play as either a healer or what is now in effect a GF. I would not have spent considerable amounts of real money on a class if I had known that YOU were going to alter that class beyond recognition. I have completed ALL of the campaigns, bar mod 15 and have all of the boons. I am not interested in enchantment etc exchange because that does not help me with boons. I am sure other players may feel the same about what you did to their class.
    So I will repeat my question Will you give bound campaign completion tokens to those of us who may wish to continue playing NW but want to level up a class of our choice to the same level as our main in compensation for your changes ?

I think they should give a single instance of class change instead. the campaigns are only one part of that. what about all the comps and mounts and things. either an unbind token for all the things or a class change for that character would be better imo. and it would be nice to see them consider it.
  • sriram#1646 sriram Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    When can we expect Castle Ravenloft Strahd von Zarovich AOE Dmg fix? Most of the time team is dying instantly
    @thefiresidecat I agree that it would be better to do it the way you suggested. All of my best stuff including companions, mounts etc is on my OP and I admit to feeling very resentful that I am losing so much time, effort and real money through no fault of my own. Your idea would be the ideal solution
  • kangkeokkangkeok Member Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    1. Why some crafted item are able to transmute with non crafted item but some do not. A good example are Ash longbow are able to transmute with abalaster longbow but bronze blade are unable to transmute with abalaster offhand. The same goes with Iron HAMSTER sword unable to transmute with abalaster longsword. Why?

• rybsyngoniumrybsyngonium Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    I have question similar to this:

3- How do you see this idea: Have unique items in each dungeon chest. You can then assemble all creating a new item like artifacts, or companion equip, or rings, or something usable for anyone. So people could have some incentive to run all the dungeons to craft these items or sell them for other people. Is just an idea we need something to not make old dungeons obsolete each mod!!

3.b
    Would you consider adding upgrade functionality of our older equipment to higher statistics (higher ilvl)? Especially artifacts and artifact equipment (belt, neck)?
    REASONABLE grinding of items needed for upgrades can breathe new life into older content (dungeons/HEs/hunts/etc.).
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    1. The enchants stat increase works for now to bring them back some value, but what is the long term plan? If each mod we get gear with more stats and mobs with counter stats, and this 'more' need to be significant enough to encourage players to upgrade, then enchants will get devalued in relative terms again, very fast. Much faster than previous mods without counter stats. So enchants will get a bump every few mods? Or rank increase (no thanks)? Or more slots on gear (no thanks)?

2. Why there is so much encouragement to get RAD as reward? The economy is not at its best, adding AD via RAD seems counter productive. To add to this, repeating dungeons for 10k is not exciting, and akin more to a day job. Why there is no more emphasis for unbound drops. Not random loot table, but BiS gear to far and sell.
    For example, in early mods, a player could get a bound version from the chest and unbound as a random drop. With hard enough dungeon for this method, even at assured drop or high chance, the limit on successful runs limits the market saturation and allows the items to maintain value (until power creep). The existence of such items (besides UES) encourages trade which is an AD sink (AH cut) and move players time towards farming high end-dungeons and not mindless RAD, thus limiting inflation.
    Remember the High Vizier, Avator of War Sets Farm, and CN weapons, that gave a reason for running stuff. A lot, and only to sell, not to use.
    The issues that were common back then are now resolved (no greed/need issue and no kick issue).

3a. In recent mods there was/is a flood of gear that tends to either replace completely the former sets (weapons) and on the other hand gear that stuck with us for ages, like all the direct damage buffs. With the counter stat system it seems that there will be a rush for vertical (more stats) replacement for gear. Was it considered that replacing a lot of the gear each mod creates a much to strong "hamster wheel" feeling and discourages players to play? "Why bother if it is all going to the crapper next mod".

To add to the above there is a tendency for RNG based vertical upgrade gear as rewards, e.g. Fane Rings, current weapons, etc.. Which sometime take more than a mod or two to even get (on average). So in practice it takes longer to get a reward than its life time.

3b. Will there be more emphasis on horizontal upgrades (more situational gear, play style modifier, utility) for example: Different stat distribution but same sum, utility bonuses like movement speed increase when facing X enemies, playstyle modifiers, like half the cooldowns and half the damage? (Thanks Sharp for example ideas)

4. Is there any plan to make transmuting more inventory friendly? I have bank full of unique look items that can't be reclaimed. People have old items and unique items that is just risky to transmute. Can't we have an 'unlock', once a look/item unlocked you can transmute to it any time.

5. Weapon Enchantments - You know the Vorpal, Vorpal or Vorpal... Though I'm glad that I have more Vorpals than chars I want to play, but still..

6. When (or if at all), after 6 years there will be some help for people who make written content. Seriously, Even simple things. To make a visually appealing guide people cut the little powers and feats icons. It is absurd that it needs to be done. Help people who help you. It is well within fair use, release those feats, power, buffs etc.. icons. Make class silhouettes. You even have an artist specifically for stuff like that.. Why I need to go and either use a snipping tool and screenshot from the game, or go to wikipedia and download icon after icon like an idiot. More so when looking at the file names there and in hypothetically in your hogg files we all know where they came from.
    And obviously I ask for this, repeatedly, like an idiot, because I don't have the technical capability to unpack the files... Yeah /s This becomes a roundabout punishment for people who want to do things the right way...

6b. Some promotion / highlight will be nice. There was an attempt to highlight a guide for SW long ago, it went poorly. There is no need to try and follow it or explain, but why not do an overview of things?! "Here is a build buy Blur for TR, link can be found here" click inside, show what inside "Here are the sections, gear etc.. There is no need for in-depth of class understanding to show an overview, same with others "Here is one by Enyo..." , "Here is a compendium of Paladin by greyjey, it focuses on how Paladin works, you can see sections about at-wills, etc.."
    And other works like Rainers and other people sites (cough cough)

7. Where are my SH decorations? Proper decorations fitting a proper despot. You've made them, put them in. By the time you will do it (if at all) it will be useless and not interesting. And I won't have guildies to put into the Iron maiden here, I will put them in one elsewhere.

8. ZEN / AD Emotes - One of the few strengths NW has is in its animation team, why not use it, release some more emotes, it doesn't take too long to make one, you use them as a test for new animators. Get me one with a whip.
    I will probably not use them all, but if you will release them in a timely fashion once per two weeks / per month, etc, I'm sure I will get them all, and it will be one more thing to look for, what you got there.

9. Similar to above, but how about slottable modifiers or unlocks, for example for a walk, or idle posture. You can attach walk animations, allow us to unlock and choose them. Someone want more sexy, get more sexy, someone want more intimidating, get more intimidating. And less chance we get stuck with some weird change someone choose to do, like previous changes to Rogue walk (Yes, I still want the original back!)
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    1) Will encounters have their cool down and damage lowered to improve the flow of combat?
    2) Will you adjust companion bonus for the Chult Tiger and the Archons back to their damage bonus % vs what is currently provided?
    3) Will there be any updates to the legendary and epic mount equipped bonuses as the updates have made any bonus not power not worth using?
    4) Enchantments - will you be reviewing and updating all type of enchantments based on data collected to provide balance in the game?
    5) Character Build - will you be doing something to the current feat system to add some complexity back into the game. For instance give the feats every 10 levels and allow us to select lower level feats if we desire.
    5) New Role Buffer? Will you consider adding a new role into the game so that players who enjoy playing a buffing/debuffing type of character from the older mods can enjoy the newer content (not all of us enjoy playing just as a tank, healer or DPS).
    6) New Race and Class: Its been a while since either one was released. Will any new race or class be added by mod 17?
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User

1- What is the reason we have 90% of the equipment in this game bound? Will hurt much the game if we have lots of gear unbound and sellable like we had when the game launched?

2- With the revamp of companions, could be possible that we have companions bound to account instead? It will be more alt-friendly and long-term investment.

3- How do you see this idea: Have unique items in each dungeon chest. You can then assemble all creating a new item like artifacts, or companion equip, or rings, or something usable for anyone. So people could have some incentive to run all the dungeons to craft these items or sell them for other people. Is just an idea we need something to not make old dungeons obsolete each mod!!

Companions and Mounts should be account wide for us to use vs. character. This would provide many players more companions and mounts to select from for building up their characters given the changes to the game.
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited May 2019

Companions and Mounts should be account wide for us to use vs. character. This would provide many players more companions and mounts to select from for building up their characters given the changes to the game.

I second that, but that in itself is the reason we don't have this, or a class change token.
    We are supposed to buy it all again for another character.
    More time spent on lower/old content, more AD/Zen spent, more to do ingame.
    - bye bye -
  • bpstuartbpstuart Member Posts: 235 Arc User

1- What is the reason we have 90% of the equipment in this game bound? Will hurt much the game if we have lots of gear unbound and sellable like we had when the game launched?

2- With the revamp of companions, could be possible that we have companions bound to account instead? It will be more alt-friendly and long-term investment.

Same for Fashion items. It would be nice if i could unlock Fashion items with my permanent character then have them usable by all the fresh characters i am prone to making instead of potentiially loosing them if a class i liked is turned into something i don't find fun, which we are shown is a real possibility with mod-16 changing playstyles so harshly.
    Such assurances would make me less hesitant to spend.
    Ego etiam cupo recrari et amari diu post mortem meam
    I too wish to be recreated, and to be loved long after my death.
  • picar66picar66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 118 Arc User
    Companion influence is only calculated for white rank companion. So it doenst honor rank up of companion.
    Is this WAI or a Bug?
This discussion has been closed.