test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Annoying changes to calendar.

mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
I understand that certain events tie in with launches of content and so on, but if you MUST move/remove events from the calendar can you please TRY and let us know with a bit more notice than a day or two.

I made arrangements to have a free day this Friday to spend a day breaking the back of the hundreds of Professions Maps I have stockpiled.
Two days ago it was all green and shiny on my reminder for Double Professions starting today, but when I just went in to see what time it starts... it's now NEXT Thursday.

I thought you were getting the message about communicating with your players.

Either do away with the calendar and make all weekend events a surprise, or make the effort to keep it up to date so that you make relevant changes in a reasonable time scale, and use your forum "Announcements" board to... I dunno... Announce stuff?

Comments

• sh00th3r3#1554 sh00th3r3 Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    It just seems like it was an unnecessary change....? I almost left guild when I got on this morning to go to my explorers guild, but something made me check the calendar first, glad I did lol, and it happens enough that it always throws me for a loop when the events get changed last minute like that. I was kinda happy it was taking place during siege initially because if I needed to earn more guild marks for things I had an easy way to get it done, since I'm being a complete idiot and trying to do masterwork on my main toon. I guess I should be happy they didn't just completely delete the event like they did with that one double refinement a few months ago XD
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    The change in console release date necessitated a shift in other events, which means we have to make the proper internal overrides and checks to make those shift happens. Once that's gone through, it can be changed on the public facing calendar. Pivots such as these that are seemingly abrupt are one of the many reasons why changing dates is always a tough decision to make, even if ultimately it's deemed better for the game overall.
  • mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User

The change in console release date necessitated a shift in other events, which means we have to make the proper internal overrides and checks to make those shift happens. Once that's gone through, it can be changed on the public facing calendar. Pivots such as these that are seemingly abrupt are one of the many reasons why changing dates is always a tough decision to make, even if ultimately it's deemed better for the game overall.

No objection to the changes, but if they are changed at such short notice, (and it's not the first time its happened in the past month or two... that last sudden arrival of Stronghold bonuses was a proper ballache.) so often it gets to the point where having the reminders and notifications is moot.

It just seems odd that most changes seem to take weeks to arrive, but changes to the calendar can arrive in the blink of an eye with no warning a day before it was due to happen.
  • shakinggamer#3136 shakinggamer Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    i was planing to use the double profession event to make more defense supplies so i can make more astral diamonds off the auction house
  • shakinggamer#3136 shakinggamer Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    i was also planing to use the double exp event to level up my back up charecters before the next mod
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User

will the tradebar store sale be moved up too?
  • geminisky59#9345 geminisky59 Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    sorry but I have been waiting months for a 2x professions and have hundreds of profession scrolls saved up and at the last minute this was changed. Sorry but see no reason why the scheduling of this had to be changed. Just another hit to anyone who doing mastercrafting.. Thanks Cryptic.
This discussion has been closed.