test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Professions Bugs: Keep on making non+1 items even though I have 100% proficiency AND focus

vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
edited May 2019 in Bug Reports (PC)
Since the recent patch, my main character is now consistently making non-quality result items even though he has 100% proficiency and 100% focus.

This bug also appeared at the same time as the non-continuous production of items bug when the delivery box gets full that I posted here.
Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR

Comments

• mintmarkmintmark Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 383 Arc User
    I'm seeing this as well. It happens for crafting things and for gathering tasks as well.

The biggest problem is the inventory space it uses up! The profession area needs to be much bigger please.
  • vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    mintmark said:

I'm seeing this as well. It happens for crafting things and for gathering tasks as well.

The biggest problem is the inventory space it uses up! The profession area needs to be much bigger please.

Yes, it also makes it problematic if you set a task to use either standard or +1 ingredients - if they run out of their quality type, they don't automatically use the other type, so it stops production as well.

Seems like there are multiple problems with professions this mod.
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    Maybe is something like in D&D.

1 allways fail and 20 allways success.

But probably a bug
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor

Maybe is something like in D&D.

1 allways fail and 20 allways success.

But probably a bug

It's actually doing it 50/50 standard and +1, even though I have 100% prof/focus.
  • pwimagicgamepwimagicgame Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    I got the same HAMSTER, with a mythic forgehammer.
    It started a coupla weeks ago when I slotted some Tinker supplements, tho could just be coincidence of course.

HAMSTER annoying because my main source of AD has now dried up :(.
  • kstubble#4883 kstubble Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    agree. well over 100% proficiency and focus with purple a artisan and forgehammer. should all be +1 and still getting non +1 product when crafted. on some products this occurs about 20% of the time. This is really annoying when a supplement is used up.
  • deaddregerdeaddreger Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    LOL I get +1's with under 100% proficiency and 0% focus! I'm also getting better results from Miracle Worker lately. They really have things messed up lately.
    WAI - Neverwinter fools!!!!!!
  • Workshop Crafting have found 90+% Prof. is really closer to 80% or less and will almost always fail the first time using Moral or left to run, I've only seen is not fail on the first 3 tries once or twice so stopped trying to make anything with less than 100 % prof. Not worth loss of materials. Wish Cryptic would fix its random number generator (RNG) to be more accurate. They had to put a fix in for refining because the RNG was cheating the players. I know they don't teach real math in schools anymore, event to programmers ( so buy a good RNG and use one that works).
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    We have been unable to repro this issue since it was originally reported so we're going to start looking at individual accounts to see if we can get more insight.
  • bigblackafricabigblackafrica Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    I am also having this bug.

I just crafted a Shimmerweave Net and got the normal result with over 100% on both Proficiency and Focus. I used normal materials, but that shouldn't matter with over 100% for both stats.

Artisan: Leyrah Olme (blue, lvl 70)
    Tool: Mythic Forgehammer
    Proficiency: 930/800
    Focus: 990/800

As far as reproducing the issue, it is not consistent and maybe happens for me on 1 time in 5 if not less frequently. But it shouldn't be happening at all.
    Post edited by bigblackafrica on
  • highc8h18#5103 highc8h18 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Experiencing same bug. Now cannot upgrade as need +1 items to mastercraft level up. Could not even craft +1 aquamarine ring today at level 70 with legendary tool!! Hopefully fix happens soon.
  • waglaf#2015 waglaf Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    add me to the list. been happening since the last patch at least
    Yup, happened with the last patch and the fix to the crafting UI causing massive FPS issues. And, I wasn't joking earlier about getting +1 items with 0 focus and Miracle Working performing better than in the past. Actually, at 20% chance it really seems to be 20% instead of the rarely procing it used to be for me. There must've been a change to rng or the formulas in use.

Yup, happened with the last patch and the fix to the crafting UI causing massive FPS issues. And, I wasn't joking earlier about getting +1 items with 0 focus and Miracle Working performing better than in the past. Actually, at 20% chance it really seems to be 20% instead of the rarely procing it used to be for me. There must've been a change to rng or the formulas in use.

Yes, it is interesting to note that the character which I have noticed having this bug was also affected with an incredible amount of lag prior to that patch which was supposed to fix lag on certain characters. While it seemed to have fixed the lag, the calculation for production in terms of quality (i.e. RNG) must have been affected.

I've got a mythic Forgehammer and all MW professions on this character, and thought that perhaps the recipe list or something about this character was causing the lag back then. I'm also not sure how it could have been broken when professions weren't supposed to be affected in Mod 16.
    vordayn said:

Yes, it is interesting to note that the character which I have noticed having this bug was also affected with an incredible amount of lag prior to that patch which was supposed to fix lag on certain characters. While it seemed to have fixed the lag, the calculation for production in terms of quality (i.e. RNG) must have been affected.

I've got a mythic Forgehammer and all MW professions on this character, and thought that perhaps the recipe list or something about this character was causing the lag back then. I'm also not sure how it could have been broken when professions weren't supposed to be affected in Mod 16.

Yeah, it always seems to be your main/primary/workhorse character that's affected by these strange bugs. I used to log in to my alts and grind, craft, or at least invoke, but since mod 16 I just haven't been able to bring myself to play them even though they aren't/weren't affected so badly by issues. It's like, why poke my other eye with a stick when I already know what's going to happen as soon as I start thinking I'm getting somewhere.
    edited May 2019

vordayn said:

Yeah, it always seems to be your main/primary/workhorse character that's affected by these strange bugs. I used to log in to my alts and grind, craft, or at least invoke, but since mod 16 I just haven't been able to bring myself to play them even though they aren't/weren't affected so badly by issues. It's like, why poke my other eye with a stick when I already know what's going to happen as soon as I start thinking I'm getting somewhere.
    Just checked my alts, it's happening to them too, at a rate of about 1:4 (non +1 : +1) There is no rhyme nor reason when it is a +1 or a NON+1, even when they have 100% proficiency/focus.

It's broken across all my characters it seems :/
    Post edited by vordayn on
  • mintmarkmintmark Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 383 Arc User
    OK, I'm not going to try and estimate rates because the number of completions is so small... but here are some jobs I had running all day.

Treylo the tailor making shimmerweave thread with a legendary needle. 7 iterations.
    Donnen the blacksmith making adamantine ingots with a mythic forgehammer. 13 iterations.
    Fen the leatherworker making drake leather with a legendary round knife. 7 iterations.

All three have proficiency and focus above 100%. All three gave a mixture of +1 and ordinary items.
    They all used to only generate +1 items. It's the same problem with gathering tasks.

Also, if I'm interactively using my daily morale to do tasks I don't think I have had an ordinary item... maybe that's a clue.
  • bigblackafricabigblackafrica Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    I used morale to make this Shimmerweave net. It does not appear that using morale is a factor.

I am also having this bug.

I just crafted a Shimmerweave Net and got the normal result with over 100% on both Proficiency and Focus. I used normal materials, but that shouldn't matter with over 100% for both stats.

Artisan: Leyrah Olme (blue, lvl 70)
    Tool: Mythic Forgehammer
    Proficiency: 930/800
    Focus: 990/800

As far as reproducing the issue, it is not consistent and maybe happens for me on 1 time in 5 if not less frequently. But it shouldn't be happening at all.

• pwimagicgamepwimagicgame Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    Ohhh, cool logo.

"Create it. Break it. Ignore it." Cryptic should trademark that.
  • tribbulatertribbulater Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    Using lvl 70 Alchemist Jayms Pallisat (340 Prof / 350 Focus), Steel Alembic +1 (+224/224), to make Healing Potions (level 30, 460 Focus required for 100%). Using normal Stilled Water, and some chars use Sweetgale +1, some normal. Roughly half my potions come out normal, half +1. It may vary by character/tool, they pretty much all use Jayms but some use Mithral alembic, some Blackiron. I'd have to test more to see if tool matters. However this happens on multiple accounts among people in my clan, and on all my different characters. Can't see that it would be that hard to reproduce.

It also happens, as mentioned, in gathering and production of other items.

This is regular production, I haven't tried it on Morale burning yet.
  • c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    I was thinking a lot about this issue ever since I was unable to complete masterwork quests since all I was getting were +1 versions instead of regular ones I actually needed.

Of course, making the quest issue disappear or having a merchant who will change +1 into a regular item shouldn't be a bad thing to implement regardless of the chance.

However, this issue seems to be completely off the charts and it appears that developers can't reproduce this bug.

This makes me to think that there should be a switch of sorts in choosing the options that will disable randomness of item choices.

Quality Switch

Switch = 0 = Regular items at all times.
    Switch = 1 = %Chance to get +1 versions at all times.

Switch should have
    "ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO REDUCE QUALITY"
    "ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO INCREASE QUALITY"

True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    I had a run of Workman's Cordials made with a forgehammer turn out about 40% normal when all should have been high quality.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    Affected too. Every day I make 8-10 Major action point jewel with 100% on Focus and proficency and 1/4 is normal. Using forgehammer at mithic too.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
    edited June 2019
    Whenever I use morale to make something, the first try always is a Normal result, even though I have 100% proficiency/focus.

This makes making Major Armor Kits a pain, as the Normal result is considered sub-standard.

This will also be a problem if/when Masterworks becomes useful again, as one would not want to waste potentially millions of AD on a Normal result when you are working towards a +1 result.

The fact that the developers cannot reproduce when it affects our characters on a daily basis (my main especially, who has all Masterworks unlocked with a Mythic Forgehammer) is not encouraging.