test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Remove mount size scaling

victoriiousvictoriious Member Posts: 7 Arc User
I play a dwarf Fighter and bought the Lord's Armored Polar Bear from the Zen Store a while ago. Dwarves 'traditionally' ride some kind of large beast in fantasy and the idea appealed to me for my Neverwinter character. After buying and equipping it and was pretty disappointed to see that it was significantly smaller than I had been led to believe after Googling/Youtubing the mount and seeing other players use it. Turns out that because I play a dwarf, the mount is now half the size of what it is for all other races. If I wanted a small mount, I would have bought a wolf or something of that sort. Why am I forced to use small mounts because I play a dwarf? The whole idea of me being a small dwarf and riding a large polar bear is half of the appeal of that mount for me. Please either disable the character-mount size scaling or allow me (us) to use a slider to select the size.

Comments

• c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User

I play a dwarf Fighter and bought the Lord's Armored Polar Bear from the Zen Store a while ago. Dwarves 'traditionally' ride some kind of large beast in fantasy and the idea appealed to me for my Neverwinter character. After buying and equipping it and was pretty disappointed to see that it was significantly smaller than I had been led to believe after Googling/Youtubing the mount and seeing other players use it. Turns out that because I play a dwarf, the mount is now half the size of what it is for all other races. If I wanted a small mount, I would have bought a wolf or something of that sort. Why am I forced to use small mounts because I play a dwarf? The whole idea of me being a small dwarf and riding a large polar bear is half of the appeal of that mount for me. Please either disable the character-mount size scaling or allow me (us) to use a slider to select the size.

This is legit funniest thing I've read on the forums.

I'm sorry for your situation. However, I'd use that to my advantage, somehow.
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
  • mifiisumifiisu Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    The Yeti mount from the Winterfest makes everyone seem tiny, although I cannot remember if it was bound, i.e. if you might find it on the AH
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Bound on arrival.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • victoriiousvictoriious Member Posts: 7 Arc User

Haha I know it's a weird issue to have, but it genuinely annoys me.

I understand that that some mounts might need to be scaled in such a way that characters' legs aren't clipping through the ground or something, but that's a different issue.
  • c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User

I understand that that some mounts might need to be scaled in such a way that characters' legs aren't clipping through the ground or something, but that's a different issue.
    I think that you should show a picture. You can arrange things so that you do not show your name there. Press "B" (default) to hide HUD.

Or, in HUD change the way your name appears, etc, so that you do not show publicly what sort of an issue you have.

A picture would really help to solve this out.
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    This mount and all the polar bears are broken and have been since the mod 16 release. The back legs are swapped (left and right) you can see this in any mount preview. I also have posted this message and no one officially replied. I hope they fix them soon. <3
    wb-cenders.gif
  • dennizonndennizonn Member Posts: 21 Arc User

You know, I hadn't given it any thought before, but I think I agree with this. Perhaps it is a programming issue that makes this necessary, but if there isn't an issue preventing it, I do think it would be nice to see a smaller character riding a very large mount if that is what they desire.