test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Game Masters and others associated with account help seem to be clueless about the game.

drumon88drumon88 Member Posts: 142 Arc User
So after my third ticket about missing the Pearl Ring of the Companion I finally get a response. They tell me to "just run the daily ME quest" and that I'll eventually get it, and that there's absolutely no guarantee you'd actually receive this item from the quest it's supposed to come from even though it's a QUEST REWARD and not a drop.

I've gone back and forth with this particular GM for 3 days now. I've provided videos, I've provided links to people complaining about missing this item and ways to reproduce this bug here in the forums, and he or she seems insistent that it's not a guaranteed drop (no HAMSTER, it's a quest reward not a drop!) and that if I just keep running MEs I'll get it "eventually" even though I've run hundreds of MEs on the character that's missing it and have never once gotten any companion gear from it.

As far as I can tell there's no way to escalate it above this chucklehead.

For those wondering, the Pearl Ring of the Companion is supposed to be a GUARANTEED reward from completing the Expedition to Terminus quest (Hot Pursuit). It is not a drop in the expedition, it is a reward given upon completion by Azuli Tefnek.

Comments

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    IF you gather all 9 relics in the expedition. If you did not you are SOL.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • drumon88drumon88 Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    greywynd said:

IF you gather all 9 relics in the expedition. If you did not you are SOL.

I had, but that's kinda irrelevant since the GMs seem to be absolutely convinced there's other ways to get it and won't even entertain the thought of simply resetting the quest for me.
  • yperkeimenosyperkeimenos Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    Welcome to Neverwinter mate, enjoy your stay here while it lasts. From what i can tell you're new so at least you were spared the horror of mod 6 and the Caturday event.
    It's BUGS bunny i tell you.
    > @yperkeimenos said:
    > Welcome to Neverwinter mate, enjoy your stay here while it lasts. From what i can tell you're new so at least you were spared the horror of mod 6 and the Caturday event.

I'm new-ish, started at the beginning of mod14.

This is not my first negative interaction with GMs or support staff, but considering how hot a topic the extremely limited and extremely buggy companion gear is here and on reddit I wasn't expecting them to be both totally clueless and totally confident in their answers.

At least this GM was polite. The last one swore at me and told me to uninstall the game.
    > @pariswinters#7118 said:
    > wow, that sucks, everytime i've contacted support they have been super nice and super helpful....

I've had 3 interactions with PWE staff in regards to Zen issues and all of them have been excellent. They're polite, willing to help, and actually able to help.

I've had 4 with Cryptic staff (including a particular high profile dev on here...) and 3 of the 4 have been absolutely awful with the 4th being kinda neutral. 2 the person was polite but unwilling to help, 1 where the person was rude to the point of targeted profanity and unwilling to help (no idea if they were able to or not, never got past unwilling), and this current one where the person was polite but both unwilling and unable to help.
  • motu999#9953 motu999 Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    drumon88 said:

> @pariswinters#7118 said:

> wow, that sucks, everytime i've contacted support they have been super nice and super helpful....

My son had a really bad experience with Cryptic. He bought a Chult completion token with ZEN, but never did the introductory quest to Chult (he just wanted the boons at that time). Due to some bug, likely related with the removal of the special token from the preview server which allows you to bypass most prerequisites for the Chult campaign, his Chult campaign completion suddenly went from 100% to 10%. All boons were lost. Same for the two other Campaign trees. The only thing that remained was the option to make Chult and Omu keys (provided he had the currency).

He contacted support, and support basically told him "everything is fine", because he bought the token on three *other* characters and it is still working there. No mention, that it was not working (any more) on the character that first bought and applied the token. He eventually gave up. In fact, I told him he should not continue to waste his time. It was obvious, that the person in charge was not willing to help and was trying to sidestep the issue. The exchange went somewhat like this:

My son: I bought the token on four characters A, B, C, D on my account. At some day campaign completion went from 100% to 10% on character A and now all my Chult/Omu boons (that I previously had on A) are gone. Characters B, C and D are fine, but there is obviously a bug with character A, who was the first character on my account, to which the token was first applied (my main character).

Response: I checked my records for your characters B, C and D. They bought three tokens and and everything is working fine.

My son: It is not working on character A, please check A. I also bought a token for character A and applied it somewhere between xx and xx. Please check your records and look at the character sheet. Campaign Completion is at 10%. It should be 100%. In fact it was 100% immediately after I applied the token. But after a month or so, it suddenly went from 100% to 10%.

Response: I checked the logs. You applied three tokens to characters B, C and D.

My son: The issue is not with B, C and D, it is with A.

Response: I checked the logs. You applied three tokens for B, C and D. Everything is fine.

My son: Repeat; I also bought a token for A and he was the first character on the account, to which the token was applied. It is obviously a bug on the first character that used the token. The bug might have to do with the fact, that none of my characters on the account completed the Chult introductory quest. I guess this is the reason why the special preview token (that allows you to bypass certain requirements of the campaign) was granted to all characters that applied the Campaign Completion, before you removed this special preview token with one of your patches (because you thought its not needed). I recall, when I lost my Campaign progress on A, the special preview token was gone as well. Please look at character A. That is the character that has the issue. All other characters you looked at are ok.

Response: I checked the logs. You applied tokens for B, C and D. Everything is fine.

At that point he was going in circles and it was rather obvious, that the person was not willing or capable to look at the character or check the logs of the character, for which the bug was reported. My son got the impression, that support was purposefully sidestepping the issue, only acknowledging the application of the Campaign Completion tokens to characters B, C and D, e.g. the characters that did not have any issues. So his character A (his main) is still bugged.

• motu999#9953 motu999 Member Posts: 254 Arc User

thats just bad buisness. I'm sorry to hear that.

I have been spending real money on this game. Actually I bought the token from ZEN I bought with real money and gave it to my son. But now I am not really sure, if I will spend money any more. If you buy a new car, it breaks down after 1 month and the dealer tells you, you will not get a refund because the car your son or wife bought is working fine, it is rather obvious that you will not do business with this type of dealer again. I still like the game, but well ...