test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bound Enchantments

grimzsabergrimzsaber Member Posts: 22 Arc User
Many players were pushed into trading in their enchantments to balance out stats, and while we are grateful for the ability to do so at the antiquities trader, it is highly irregular that these enchants are now bound.

I understand that there is a way it could have been abused (however i dont see how, since you have to have an enchantment to be able to get one).

The fact remains that now that the Mod has found its feet and people are maxing out stats with newer gear, we are left with bound enchantments which more often than not cost a lot of AD or zen to take up to their current level and are now untradeable.

We ask that you please remove the binding from traded in enchantments (as done with insignia's)

Comments

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,090 Arc User
    Chew them up for RP.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    Or trade them to alts, or save them for next round of gear updates that very well could require adjustments.
  • grimzsabergrimzsaber Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    sounds great in theory, but i dont have millions of AD to buy new r14/r15 enchants if i get rid of the bound enchants i am stuck with now
  • frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    edited May 2019
    The vendor system in place cannot differentiate bound and unbound items, and they didn't want bound enchantments to become unbound and hence set it up this way. This wouldn't change in any way.

Let's just hope they'll bring back the vendor everytime there's a major change being made. I'd say it's quite likely that they will.
    FrozenFire

The vendor system in place cannot differentiate bound and unbound items, and they didn't want bound enchantments to become unbound and hence set it up this way. This wouldn't change in any way.

Let's just hope they'll bring back the vendor everytime there's a major change being made. I'd say it's quite likely that they will.

and yet they dont mind bound insignia's becoming unbound?
  • frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator

and yet they dont mind bound insignia's becoming unbound?
    Those insignia (along with a couple enchantments and the eldritch runestone) no longer have any gameplay value and is a total loss for players, so they chose to have them unbound.
    FrozenFire
  • krymkackrymkac Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    Lets face it. Currently all enchants but radiants are useless junk. Yet there is no option to trade 2-3 stats stones for 1 stat... In upcoming major patch they promise to double the stats enchants give but any bonuses over 70k are worthless anyway. And 70k arp/crit/accuracy/defence is so easy to get with just gear + companion gear & bondings. Defend devs & their decisions all you want but they really should start playing the bloody game. As it is its just hamster's bullocks. Oh and dont even get me started on legendary mounts bonuses. I have 7 on my account and 3 of them were made a complete garbage with mod 16. Coastal snail giving 10% ap back? Are you serious? All while others got buffed to 10k stats?! 10k deffence/crit/arp/accuracy ones are useless for the reason mentioned above. Crit/arp on bloody everything this days.
  • krymkackrymkac Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    There is that and also getting bound stuff from trade isnt exactly tempting either... considering how much devs seem to like mess with the game xD
  • tgwolftgwolf Member Posts: 501 Arc User
    Trading in useless enchants for desired ones then selling them.

The abusable factor isn't difficult to see. They'll remain bound.
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    There would not be any abuse because there would be nothing to abuse. An unbounded exchange effectively makes all enchantment types have the same value. The market would be wreaked, but very few would be able to profit.
    edited May 2019

There would not be any abuse because there would be nothing to abuse. An unbounded exchange effectively makes all enchantment types have the same value. The market would be wreaked, but very few would be able to profit.

All enchantments becoming of equal value isn't the main problem here. Conversion of bound items into unbound ones is the problem.
    FrozenFire
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,090 Arc User
    Then sell in the AH or trade in the Trade channel.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    You generally want to use 3-stat enchants since those give more points in the slot.

However for offensive slots, radiants is the only real option currently.

What I have been doing is turning my 1-stat defensive ex-lifesteal enchants into radiants, and my previously offensive black ice enchants into 3-stat defensive ones. That at least cover some of the slots.

You generally want to use 3-stat enchants since those give more points in the slot.

However for offensive slots, radiants is the only real option currently.

What I have been doing is turning my 1-stat defensive ex-lifesteal enchants into radiants, and my previously offensive black ice enchants into 3-stat defensive ones. That at least cover some of the slots.

Everything I have is 3-stat :unamused::cry: I'm keeping them for the time being. Also, the stat gap would widen once Thursday comes. Yay?
    FrozenFire
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    I am still using double and triple stat R13s on all my toons. After getting the campaign rings and companion gear, and still having the crown gear, I am capped on all offensive, and most defensive, stats. Which is fine by me. I don't really feel like grinding MEs. If I did, I would feel compelled to start converting some of the enchants to radiants as I get more ME gear.

All enchantments becoming of equal value isn't the main problem here. Conversion of bound items into unbound ones is the problem.
    easy solution here then. allow us to exchange multi stat enchants for single stat enchants, and keep it bound (even though i am against binding) this would solve the current problem of being over cap on certain stats, especially with the patch coming that will double enchant stats, it only means everyone who has double or triple stat enchants are getting 0 benefit while everyone rocking their radiants are going to have massive power boosts.

i would appreciate if you could pass this suggestion on.
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    Or lower the stats from gear so you need enchants to reach the caps. Then double and triple enchants could have some utility.

That would be the only thing that makes sense. But lots of people will complain because they will have much less stats and the game will be harder for casuals. So the design of this entire system doesnt work.

And they cant do another "reboot" so a big opportunity to balance things has gone.

I am really surprised about this since launch, they cant be so dumb to not have a plan for this. Maybe we are still not getting the big picture because we dont see what is coming in mod 17 etc. But for now, stats from enchant and gear arent working fine.

Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
    edited May 2019

And they cant do another "reboot" so a big opportunity to balance things has gone.

They can do another reboot, in fact the new system is made for balancing such things.

With next mod they can just increase the stats on the mobs in the new endzones without providing gear that fully compensates. That will shift more of the statbuilding onto enchants.

I agree they missed the target a little with mod 16 - and the miss will be even bigger when we get the new super-patch that is coming which doubles enchant values.
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    edited May 2019

They can do another reboot, in fact the new system is made for balancing such things.

Yes yes I didnt mean that they cant do it technically, as you say, they can but how much massive changes will people accept? Lots of people had double - triple stat enchants, sold all and buy radiants losing millions of AD in the change, to see that they need to change them again in mod 17? ufff

Big changes have to be done carefully. Enchants are historicaly "safe invests" until mod 16.... some enchants worth 1/3 of their value in M15...

What I would like is that they were clear with the intentions in the design of the game, what things are safe investments and what are subject to more changes (for example companions). In other games when they nerf someting too valuable, they compensate that change giving back the cost. The trade enchant is something but the result is bound and you cant trade double for single and vicev.

And another note, now companions are very important in character optimization, they are expensive but unlike enchants you cant pass them to an alt when they are replaced with one more powerfull or nerfed. This is something they sould look at. Companions should be account bound.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor