test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Set of The Watcher Is Unobtainable

167891012»

Comments

• ailliver#7283 ailliver Member Posts: 16 Arc User

eolee said:

Some of my toons never got a single essence and didnt put a toe in LoMM. Is that coincidence or anyone can confirm? Im doing ME on them every day just like the 3 that go on a regular basis in LoMM. I have yet to get one

You have to complete lomm at least one time or go in party with a toon that has completed it to get the essences. But i have yet to see any essence of doom
    You don't have to complete it to get the essences. You just have to go in, listen to the first cut scene, and go get killed by the first thing you run into.
  • wisper2048wisper2048 Member Posts: 187 Arc User

eolee said:

Some of my toons never got a single essence and didnt put a toe in LoMM. Is that coincidence or anyone can confirm? Im doing ME on them every day just like the 3 that go on a regular basis in LoMM. I have yet to get one

You have to complete lomm at least one time or go in party with a toon that has completed it to get the essences. But i have yet to see any essence of doom
    You don't have to complete it to get the essences. You just have to go in, listen to the first cut scene, and go get killed by the first thing you run into.
    Done that on 3 characters. No essence drops on 15 MEs in 1-rune runs. Does it require 3 runes?
  • frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator

eolee said:

Done that on 3 characters. No essence drops on 15 MEs in 1-rune runs. Does it require 3 runes?
    It does not, 1 rune will suffice. Maybe you need to be in a party with somebody who already finished the dungeon?
    FrozenFire
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Did a 3 rune ME today, no shades appeared.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    jonkoca said:

Did a 3 rune ME today, no shades appeared.

RNG involved.
    FrozenFire
  • quickfoot#7851 quickfoot Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    Since the friday patch, as far as I can tell, it only and always spawns in the tileset with the big waterfall. You walk into a room with a set of stairs at the other end, and door leading to a hallway that goes right and left. To the right it leads to a cavern, to the left a dining room of some sort. If you go through the cavern it leads to behind a waterfall where there is usually a mob underneath. If you go to the left, to the dining room, there is a set of stair leading down to the right again, and there you'll find a pool of water and the waterfall feeding it.

The boss room in this tileset is the only one I've seen the wraith spawn, and it also has spawned 100% of the time I encounter this map. I have not seen it in any of the other tilesets. So basically it comes down to RNG of getting this tileset. Not sure how many tilesets there are but the odds of getting it are 3/M where M is the number of maps. Anyways, I've gone 10-20 ME runs without getting that map, and I've also gotten it twice in a row withing 3 runs.

As it stands, there are currently about 6 levels of RNG to getting the watcher weapon set for your class, the odds of getting it are incredibly low, you might be better off trying to get a legendary mount from a lockbox. Imagine opening thousands of lockboxes, but it takes as long as running the average ME to open each one. Bleh!

• rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User

Since the friday patch, as far as I can tell, it only and always spawns in the tileset with the big waterfall. You walk into a room with a set of stairs at the other end, and door leading to a hallway that goes right and left. To the right it leads to a cavern, to the left a dining room of some sort. If you go through the cavern it leads to behind a waterfall where there is usually a mob underneath. If you go to the left, to the dining room, there is a set of stair leading down to the right again, and there you'll find a pool of water and the waterfall feeding it.

The boss room in this tileset is the only one I've seen the wraith spawn, and it also has spawned 100% of the time I encounter this map. I have not seen it in any of the other tilesets. So basically it comes down to RNG of getting this tileset. Not sure how many tilesets there are but the odds of getting it are 3/M where M is the number of maps. Anyways, I've gone 10-20 ME runs without getting that map, and I've also gotten it twice in a row withing 3 runs.

As it stands, there are currently about 6 levels of RNG to getting the watcher weapon set for your class, the odds of getting it are incredibly low, you might be better off trying to get a legendary mount from a lockbox. Imagine opening thousands of lockboxes, but it takes as long as running the average ME to open each one. Bleh!

can u pls remove this giff? no one read what you area saying....

Back to what matter, does the shade appear with only one rune ?

Nope only in 3 rune runs If youre lucky
  • gonzakotwigonzakotwi Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    saturday we did 30+ runs, no puppet (lets say it was a bad streak and consider 1 in 20 runs to be average). Then if you get to summon the puppet you have 1 in 5 chance to get the watcher weapon (considering full party). Then you have 1 in 8 chance to get the weapon for your class. That leaves us with the awesome number of 0,125% chance to get watcher (then only one, not the full set). Easier to win the powerball dude.

I'm still waiting to get mountaineer set from trade bar store, or is it another easter egg?
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    This was confirmed after the shade was showing up in 1-rune runs and the devs fixed it back to being only in 3-rune runs.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User

rafaelda said:

can u pls remove this giff? no one read what you area saying....

Back to what matter, does the shade appear with only one rune ?

Nope only in 3 rune runs If youre lucky

ty but this is what devs say or what you think ?
    Is official,
    To resume, watcher chade started working after a normal patch but, was working in 1 rune run, they made a extra super fast patch (less than 24hrs in a friday) to fix it to happen only on 3 rune runs, there a patch not about it, is the only fix on that patch...
  • agilestoagilesto Member Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    Never forget that in top of this asolute joke of a thing the watcher set grind is, the disconnect bug is STILL NOT FIXED.

copypasta of my post on reddit about this:

ME Deco bug STILL NOT FIXED
    Tonight's rant: the ME deco bug is STILL NOT FIXED even though they said several times it was, you still can reconnect at portal.

Of course it happens mostly when you're in the middle of an insanely difficult fight on an uber-boss after grinding hours through RNG in order to try to get another 3 layers of RNG to get MAYBE a weapon or a vanity pet.
    You spent several scrolls, some members, the boss is at about 15% but you can do it, and the game disconnects you without warning nor reason. My internet was fine, as twitch and other sites were still running extremely fine and I didn't have any problems in the last 3 hours of playing.

So effectively I lost 30 min of my time but that's not really important. I did lose 8 scrolls of mass life, 20 charges of a stone of health, an entiere ME loot was lost for everyone, our member lost one essence, and we did waste A CHANCE to finally have loot.

WE LOST ALL THAT because this dev team can't even fix a bug that is running on the game SINCE EARLY MOD 14 and that EVERYONE complains about.

The level of incompetence from the dev team to fix that and from the game design team to allow such an absolute joke of the Watcher set to happen is stunning. And revulsing.
    Get a little screen of my tilt, probably won't pass the rules but this needs to be addressed by the devs.
  • ankhornankhorn Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    So. Got my watcher set yesterday...
    ~Neverwinter Foooools!!!!