test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Feedback Needed: Top Issues Currently in Neverwinter PC

Comments

• rybsyngoniumrybsyngonium Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 22 Arc User
    wylonus said:

raw, that because they took away our speed, to make us as punching bag sitting ducks, no way to outrun red effect areas that about to be hit. before mod 16 we can roll away, now we cant, too slow even with fighters raise a shield and hope the cleric near you to heal.
    but the healers cant do much once you are down and need for revive or get group wipes.
    problem is, the mobs are too fast and no cooldown chain castings while we are suffering and wait for next recast due to longer cooldown penalities on players.
    so then players are "yelling" no fun, devs call it "good", but too much frustration and soon seeking better games that not totally butchered as neverwinter that did twice.

This ^^.

And plus:
    1. caps - when char is capped in highest content should stay capped when scaled (no need to "adjust" my stats for all zones/dungeons and carry all this stuff in backpack)
    2. rewards - give a reason (at least to some of us) to do old content (rewards for weekly campaign quests is a good start)

After that you can adjust critters HP and damage to the level you think is appropriate (ofc you will have to listen majority of players to find the Golden mean).
    Then no one can complain about bugs with scaling, we will start complains about too challenging game or opposite. But it is different story and you have your sliders with critter's HP, dmg and rewards.
  • boyscout1971boyscout1971 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    This was my first time ever playing Neverwinter and it was not enjoyable at all. I have never died so much at such a low level in any game. The quests should reward gear not just coin and xp. I was level 12 and not even fully geared and having to fight mobs 2 levels above me and getting destroyed. I am sorry until this issue is fixed I will not be able to play this. Thank you for your time
  • petalsword#1138 petalsword Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Hi, if someone of power sees this I have some suggestions on making the gaming better in Neverwinter.

1. Bound items. Instead of always account bound (like alabaster weapons) it would be nice if there was guild bound, that way you could help your guild members more. Like with alabaster weapons, when you get several of the same, it feels like a shame to destroy them bc they are bound to your account when you could have helped someone in your guild to grow.

2. Warlock healer. All warlocks and probably others by now know that warlock healer is the most squishiest one in game. They sacrifice their life to help teammates and in endgame contents, die very easily bc of huge damage all take and lose all soulsparks when dying. Other traits good but it would make warlock healer better if they didn't lose their soulsparks upon dying. Or have potions or something that give them a chance to recover them. That way you give warlock healers a chance to be better.

That was all for now ^^ thank you for the game!
  • chidionchidion Member Posts: 439 Arc User
    Just made level 80 with one of my account characters and got the Saybella Challenge Campaign so I thought I'd spend the 6 Savras tokens before starting on new Saybella quest only 5 OF THOSE COINS WERE GONE!

I have not purchased anything from Saybella after completing any of her low level quests and didn't turn in the last quest until reaching level 80 because... well because I forgot basically, but I went to turn it in and spend my Savras coins before starting the level 80 quests and find I only have one instead of 6.

Why do anything when at any time stuff, coins, rewards, whatever can be taken out of a player's inventory without their permission or knowledge?
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    my warlock healer did pretty good, check your builds and gears. dont know why you dying fast? i test run in Defending Portal and Bap's Ballad, seem easy and better.
  • dragon1cedragon1ce Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I heard that classes are ballanced.Why barbarian with DPS path have 3 defensive companions?And other dps classes have 3 offensive in the way ?It's not that hard to be made.
    DPS path 3 offensive/ Tank path 3 deffensive.Make it ballance.It's not only my opnion do a survey ask every barbarian out there.But this is not balanced no even a bit .
    Can atleast get a explanation why has to have 3 DEFENSE slot as a DPS buils ?
  • tikamage#2445 tikamage Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    Watching a Video on you Tube, seems they reminded me of something, The Game, Never Winter Knights or Nights, then the game played without fail, without crash without Loot boxes you have to pay for, for Keys you now have to pay for for a Game that was a Game and not a Monitary Slush fund. When the game play was Never Winter and fun, and today a Pay to Use and Win game. Slush Fund.
  • caldochaud#4880 caldochaud Member Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    Aside from ALL of mod 16 being an abysmal mess, how about giving us back our Movement?

Having everybody in the game plodding along like snails doesn't help players especially when we are expected to "observe the game mechanics" and avoid red zones...

I'm not being sarcastic here by any means. In all seriousness, we need improved movement speed whether it be an increase via a future patch, or just restoring all previous item (Mount, Companion, Gear, Artifact, Dark Enchantment) movement stats!
    "Talent is a flame. Genius is a fire." - Sir Bernard Williams
  • mcfobmcfob Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    + bring back movement, I hate being slow. Also, please unbind runestones we traded for, as we make adjustments we need to be able to sell ones we no longer need
    “Movement” (speed) was one of the most contentious issues in Neverwinter prior to Mod16 taking away that particular attribute, party members complaining that speed runners were taking off and leaving players behind causing new and lower level players to have a more difficult gaming experience than they would have if everyone remained with the party stuck together… The complaints, discourse and banter went on for more than a year to my recollection and since players apparently weren’t able to self regulate, the game developers made changes that took the ability to obtain enhanced movement speed from everyone.

*Faster players always had the ability to slow down and remain with the slowest party members - slow party members rarely had the ability to move faster than they were.

I too am sorry to see speed and movement so seriously nerfed by the Mod16 changes, but considering why I believe the developers made such a drastic alteration I not only understand but would object to seeing movement returned to what it was before Mod16 because obviously there are those who have in the past and would continue to abuse that enhancement if movement speed was returned to what it used to be.
    really? chidion, fighters need speed to get off nasty red effect if they cant survive with shield up. fighters are suppose to stay ahead of other runners heading into the mobs since they lost ranged taunt. they are suppose to lure mobs into other players' trap and funnel them to AoE attacks.
    talking about newer players catching up with others in those dungeon runs, they play it wrong and with someone they knew and help clearing mobs.
    if i was a savvy code programmer and would fix those 'abandoning runners" leaving other to fend, they would be booted from dungeon and with penalities for leaving others trying to survive. thise runner dont care for trash drops, they just wanted to loot the chest and go, or keep them in combat mode and unable to click if they are out of range of struggling players.
    only way to pull them back and clear the mobs.
    they still run off regardless, ignoring and leaving others. still the same, speed or no speed. bad call by devs.
    edited June 2019
    wylonus said:

really? chidion, fighters need speed to get off nasty red effect if they cant survive with shield up. fighters are suppose to stay ahead of other runners heading into the mobs since they lost ranged taunt. they are suppose to lure mobs into other players' trap and funnel them to AoE attacks.
    talking about newer players catching up with others in those dungeon runs, they play it wrong and with someone they knew and help clearing mobs.
    if i was a savvy code programmer and would fix those 'abandoning runners" leaving other to fend, they would be booted from dungeon and with penalities for leaving others trying to survive. thise runner dont care for trash drops, they just wanted to loot the chest and go, or keep them in combat mode and unable to click if they are out of range of struggling players.
    only way to pull them back and clear the mobs.

Every character class who doesn't have a way to mitigate attacks by blocking them needs speed to be able to get away from the red circle powerful strikes, but as you already mentioned Fighters do have the ability to raise their shields to mitigate a powerful attack – whether or not whatever happened during the Mod16 changes made that action less effective, but do I find it a little odd you would say Fighters need more speed to get away from attacks – instead of more effective Shield Defense...

Yes fighters are supposed to agro opponents whether they “run ahead of the party” or (the way I do it) remain with the party and lunge out ahead of everyone else when opponents are encountered.

I believe Fighters, Paladins and even Barbarians have several options to allow them to do just that, lunge a short distance ahead when opponents are encountered, so more speed isn't really needed to stay ahead of the party and with everyone doing their part, specifically healers healing the players drawing agro (in addition to healing potions), every party member has their part to play and with less tendency for anyone to be inclined to run out ahead of their party attempting to solo what's supposed to be group content.

As for programming anything resembling a penalty for players who run ahead abandoning others in their party, I’ve often suggested something a little less ‘punitive’…

Existing dungeons and skirmishes already have several staging areas that must be cleared before anyone is allowed to proceed to the next area.

Simply make those separating walls assembly points like at the final boss gate where everyone in the party must assemble before proceeding.

That way even if a player has little regard for the rest of their party and runs ahead, ignores mobs as they pass them up, picks up drops or ignores them a player(s) who runs ahead abandoning anyone in their party can't move beyond that area until the rest of the party gets to the assembly area,

Something like that pretty much encourages everyone in the party to stay together because if a slower, lower level player is struggling to make it through an area anyone who ran ahead will just have to cool their heels until the slower weaker party member get there. So in effect it behooves all players to try to ensure all party members make it to the assembly point as quickly as possible, which in my mind translates to stronger faster characters helping weaker slower characters clear the content as quickly as possible to get to the next area thus finish the content faster.
    wylonus said:

they still run off regardless, ignoring and leaving others. still the same, speed or no speed. bad call by devs.

You are right there are still some speed runners who try to abandon the rest of their party, but I have noticed the number of people doing so seems to be fewer (many fewer from my personal experience) than it was before the changes, so "bad call" by the developers... maybe, maybe not.
  • igrejamasterigrejamaster Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    Ressurection BUG (Paladin/Scourge Warlock)

I am here to provide my feedback, many mistakes have already been fixed, this is good and is making the Neverwinter playable and fun again. The resurrection bug that had previously occurred with the cleric has been corrected, but the paladin and the Scourge Warlock can still resurrect allies!

(Scourge Warlock) What enables this class to resurrect allies is the feat (lingering sustein) for who is affected by the buff of that feat is immediately resurrected if healed soon after.

(Paladin) What makes this class of resurrecting allies is the (Bond of virtue) + (Divine touch).

I had reported some bugs through ticket, but they advised me to use the forum for feedback too!

If you have any questions you can contact me by email and if need be I could show you how this happens on the test server.
  • dionchidionchi Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    nope nothing here

Ressurection BUG (Paladin/Scourge Warlock)

I am here to provide my feedback, many mistakes have already been fixed, this is good and is making the Neverwinter playable and fun again. The resurrection bug that had previously occurred with the cleric has been corrected, but the paladin and the Scourge Warlock can still resurrect allies!

(Scourge Warlock) What enables this class to resurrect allies is the feat (lingering sustein) for who is affected by the buff of that feat is immediately resurrected if healed soon after.

(Paladin) What makes this class of resurrecting allies is the (Bond of virtue) + (Divine touch).

I had reported some bugs through ticket, but they advised me to use the forum for feedback too!

If you have any questions you can contact me by email and if need be I could show you how this happens on the test server.

Not sure how I feel about someone reporting a "bug" that gives players more of an advantage against NPC mobs and bosses in the game...

But then I suppose I can understand some players think the game should be made more difficult with fewer advantages for players and more advantages for opponents of the players... Strike that I can't understand that At All!!!

"Oh no! Character classes can resurrect allies in a party but I don't think they should..." , No doubt someone who works with for Cryptic or with Neverwinter might be inclined to report this as a programming error - but me as a player is more inclined to go: "Yippee! More characters can resurrect fallen allies and that makes the game easier. Easter Egg!" knowing someone working for or with Cryptic and Neverwinter is going to catch it and fix it eventually but I probably wouldn't be in any hurry to 'turn in a ticket' that gives a bit of advantage to the players - especially given how much since Mod16 that has been taken away from the players (IMO).

DD~
  • caldochaud#4880 caldochaud Member Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    chidion said:

“Movement” (speed) was one of the most contentious issues in Neverwinter prior to Mod16 taking away that particular attribute, party members complaining that speed runners were taking off and leaving players behind causing new and lower level players to have a more difficult gaming experience than they would have if everyone remained with the party stuck together… The complaints, discourse and banter went on for more than a year to my recollection and since players apparently weren’t able to self regulate, the game developers made changes that took the ability to obtain enhanced movement speed from everyone.

*Faster players always had the ability to slow down and remain with the slowest party members - slow party members rarely had the ability to move faster than they were.

I too am sorry to see speed and movement so seriously nerfed by the Mod16 changes, but considering why I believe the developers made such a drastic alteration I not only understand but would object to seeing movement returned to what it was before Mod16 because obviously there are those who have in the past and would continue to abuse that enhancement if movement speed was returned to what it used to be.

"Self-regulate?"

BUNK!

You're forgetting something very important: Do you know who complained the most about "Movement"?

The trolls!

It is the cancerous trolls polluting Neverwinter who always insist on having other players hold their hands... and essentially insist on everybody else in the party play the game according to their expectations. If a player was too fast, the trolls whined. If a player had better gear so they could clear mobs and bosses faster than the trolls, the trolls whined. If a player was running the dungeon for the daily AD, the trolls whined. And FYI: how do I "self-regulate" in response to that?

I vote-kick the lazy HAMSTERS!

I remember when Neverwinter let players just do their own thing without all of this needless drama from trolls HAMSTER up the works. Regardless of the changes since then, I do not (will not) play any game to strictly benefit some domineering player to my own personal and repeated detriment. However, if I am seriously expected to "self-regulate" in order to please other gamers, then I'll "self-regulate" by uninstalling this toxic dumpster-fire of a game and go spend my money on something else!

Screw the trolls!

I want my Movement back. I want my stats back. I want Neverwinter back.
    "Talent is a flame. Genius is a fire." - Sir Bernard Williams
  • dionchidionchi Member Posts: 913 Arc User

chidion said:

"Self-regulate?"

BUNK!

You're forgetting something very important: Do you know who complained the most about "Movement"?

The trolls!

It is the cancerous trolls polluting Neverwinter who always insist on having other players hold their hands... and essentially insist on everybody else in the party play the game according to their expectations. If a player was too fast, the trolls whined. If a player had better gear so they could clear mobs and bosses faster than the trolls, the trolls whined. If a player was running the dungeon for the daily AD, the trolls whined. And FYI: how do I "self-regulate" in response to that?

I vote-kick the lazy HAMSTERS!

I remember when Neverwinter let players just do their own thing without all of this needless drama from trolls HAMSTER up the works. Regardless of the changes since then, I do not (will not) play any game to strictly benefit some domineering player to my own personal and repeated detriment. However, if I am seriously expected to "self-regulate" in order to please other gamers, then I'll "self-regulate" by uninstalling this toxic dumpster-fire of a game and go spend my money on something else!

Screw the trolls!

I want my Movement back. I want my stats back. I want Neverwinter back.
    You have your opinion of who's to blame for enhanced movement speed being nerfed - I have mine...

Some veteran and end game players who apparently thought movement speed was of particular importance to farm dungeons for as many AD's as they could, chose not to "self regulate" leaving behind what they no doubt considered players who need their "hands held" or just "lazy" and I believe as a consequence Everyone's movement speed was severely scaled back.

Personally I have never considered any low level or new player who couldn't keep up with higher level players who've had an opportunity to obtain movement speed enhancement abilities as "lazy" or needing their "hands held" and for the most part those are the players you've identified as "trolls' who complained about some players running off from the party leaving everyone else behind. A simple look back at the forum will easily confirm that and there are many more threads with similar complaints.

I have never seen or heard of any player "whining" because another player was running dungeons for AD's, just about every player, old, new and even first timers run dungeons and happily get an Astral Diamond payout at the end, so that doesn't even make sense... although that does seem to be a common allegation from some players who are no longer able to speed through a dungeon and collect AD's as quickly as possible - even to the point of running off from the rest of their party members to try to get it done faster.

I myself am not entirely happy about the scaling process, including the speed nerf... but I completely believe that since Movement Speed has been so drastically reduced many fewer players are able to abandon the rest of their party members so easily and with the Stats nerf fewer players are attempting to solo content intended for parties or groups of players...

As I said I'm a little sad to see all of that go, but since so many players weren't able to play in a civil manner that benefited all players instead of just themselves I smile at those wanting their previous movement speed and character stats back - since I believe they have no one but themselves to blame for them being taken away in the first place. My 2¢
    DD~
  • bubo#3924 bubo Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    I instead believe that the limitation of the speed of the PCs and the increase in the speed of many Mobs, is in line with the absurd mission of making the game less playable and fun. For example: all skirmishes do not include the presence of a healer; this could have been right before Mod16, but now that the mobs are more powerful, faster and more resistant and above all now that the possibility of self-healing has been taken away, it is absurd. --- In yesterday's patch report, it was written that the life of some Bosses was limited (I'm not sure you did it seriously, for example Drufy is much stronger) ; but maybe they were already made more powerful and faster, and in the meantime the minimum requirement to access so many DGs has been lowered, so that the possibility of failing or dying in repetition is always very high (Manycoins Bank; Madness of the merchant prince and other), unless you can be a member of a very strong group. - Castle of RAvenloft minimum 17k? madness (but it is the same for all the dg); -- As another madness that only serves to annoy the players is the mystification of the values ​​of the PG in the Dungeons; the players cancel the same, you have only tried the umpteenth awkward remedy. -- Now I am sure that all those who end the Wizard's lair will be satisfied with the game, but I think that apart from that, everything else is still ruined and above all not very funny, often unplayable.

Let's talk about the prizes? An expedition master with 3 runes, we meet the ghost, we give him an essence and after fighting for almost half an hour, it is already a malice to see that the prizes go only to those who take them first but what is there in that Drop? A legendary mascot and other stuff? Do you want me to repeat to you all the insults that have been dedicated to you or you imagine them for yourself? a prize, even if random, should always be adjusted to the level of the enemy ... giving that junk is just teasing. ------
    Post edited by bubo#3924 on
  • reiromanireiromani Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    I've been playing off and on since 2013 and seen Neverwinter's ups and downs but the dumpster fire I saw today disgusted me. I just got on after about a half year's break and... What the heck happened?! Were All of my characters put through a wood chipper and put back together by a blind sloth?! I tried to run a dungeon with my Paladin and I can't even tell if my powers are even working half the time. Most of my party seemed to be having the same problem, one even asked if anybody was using their powers at all. So I switched to my Ranger and it was even worse. My once vaunted damage has become a joke as I couldn't even take down a redcap one on one with out almost dying. I get they moved the goal post again and 70 is the new 60 but c'mon this is stupid. I should at least feel like I'm doing something other than taking up the Cleric's heals.
  • drakenartzdrakenartz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 19 Arc User
    Top Issues Currently in Neverwinter PC...

(In my opinion)
    EVERYTHING you did in Mod 16.
    I've been playing since Beta and this Mod is the worst/most damaging to the game.
    escorting "foreign traveling merchant" was bit rough without speed/dark enchant nerfed, trying to pick up loots and rewards that drop on ground and run after to get back in effect of aura, missed it and you dont get next pick up loot. sometimes the mound we rode got little tad delay trying to run back in aura.
This discussion has been closed.