test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

5 Melee class rings on my Cw and 6 alabaster talismans with no orbs.

lardesonlardeson Member Posts: 374 Arc User
The drops in Master expeditions are abit far off "class and role friendly" i got my 5th "Ebonized assault ring with 3% to melee powers" today, been running expeditions since mod dropped and yet to see even 1 ring that is for ranged powers, not talking about one with the right stats but literally haven't seen one of it, meanwhile i've heard of melee classes who only get the "ebonized raid/restoration rings". The gear drops in this game are mainly btc/bta, yet its not role friendly, not to mention getting gear in Master expedition chest that are not even for your class.

My guildmate got his 6th alabaster talisman today and yet to get an Orb, i did finally get an orb today but as usual, i already have the orb from the seal trader there.

With that being said, i believe there has to better a better loot system in future mods, Rng only creates an "unfair" reward system as you can do exactly the same as every other player and still not get the same drops or even close. there needs to be a more rewarding feel to it, the chances of certain loots dropping should be the same, no point for me to run the same dungeon 20x if im going to get the same piece over and over and im not kidding when i say that from my 6 master expedition runs between yesterday and today i only got the 909 IL pants in all 6 runs. There should be an amount of runs you do that will drop you a certain item, a system where all is based on luck can become frustrating and very unfair.
Lardeson CW not Mage. Where's my fireball and my thunderbolt?

Comments

• Options
    lordseth1985lordseth1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 319 Arc User
    Yeah, so far all rigns that I got had the "3%bonus to ranged powers", and my main is a rogue!!!
    Avestruz.Q.T.Seduz - Rogue, natural born assassin.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    Isn't the whisperknife path primarily a knife thrower now?
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    lordseth1985lordseth1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 319 Arc User
    greywynd said:

Isn't the whisperknife path primarily a knife thrower now?

Yeah it is, but it's so terrible... IMO it should be deleted and reworked.

After all, those bonus aren't that good for the WK path.
    Avestruz.Q.T.Seduz - Rogue, natural born assassin.
  • Options
    bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    Almost same boat here. Main is a dps barb and I have gotten both ranged rings, repeatedly. Been doing Me's since first week, have yet to see a single assault ring for melee. Very frustrating.
  • Options
    krumple01krumple01 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    I got my offhand weapon for my Cleric on the first day I was able to run MEs and I've ran MEs every day since for nearly a month now and still no mainhand drop. I'm getting sick of running them because every drop is useless to me. All the armor pieces are refinement which I don't need. I don't need rough astral diamonds, I get plenty from running LoMM. My backlog of rough AD is over two million. Why am I even mentioning all that? Because the ONLY reason I am running MEs is to get the mainhand and I am certain now that it will never be rewarded to me. I have gotten six purple mainhands as a reward. Why give me these? What would be the point in giving a character a reward like this?
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    Shuriken is a knife of sorts, and a ranged attack that should benefit from the 3% damage to ranged attacks.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    arachnicidusarachnicidus Member Posts: 11 Arc User

why do you care about alabaster? just buy burnished "plenty of LOMM", it's better anyway

And how exactly would you get "plenty of LOMM" (i.e. Seals of the Deep) if you can't run LOMM? Seems to be standard Cryptic practice to make you run a dungeon to get the gear appropriate for running that dungeon. At least in this case there is a small non-zero chance that RNGeezus will grant you similar gear for running ME 3 times a day for a year or so. And maybe that gear will get you into LOMM -- where you can enjoy having your HAMSTER handed to you by vastly OP NPCs.

• Options
    lardesonlardeson Member Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    When you compare the grind in this mod to the grind in mod15 for example, you realise cryptic is actually going backwards. in mod15 if you knew where to get the gear you wanted, all you had to do was grind for it but now you have 100 different gear in one place and all depend on RNG, yesterday all my 3 runs from MEs gave me the ebonized shirt over and over and over again, the previous days i only got ebonized pants from the chest with empowered runes. This cant even be considered a proper system. I have enough with trying to get anything from lockboxes, getting enchants up, farming LoMM, companions, insignias, etc. and now if one of the worst grinds is ME, they are doing something wrong.

Tbh the gearing system has been way off from the beginning, it doesn't make much sense that the gear you get from heroics and MEs are better than the gear you get with Deep seals, not to mentión that the gear from LOMM is HAMSTER for most classes, i dont have a single piece on cos i find them useless. New gear should be better than old gear, the more IL on a gear, the more powerful it should be, i thought that was obvious enough but seems not.

In future mods they have 2 options, make each piece of gear have unique bonus for every new gear, or remove bonuses from all pieces. What i mean is for example, all headpiece, regardless of the set, having 5% damage in x zone, chest having "on hit, have a chance to gain x% of a stat" on arm " x bonus depending on the number of people in your group".
    With this simple fix, the highest IL will be worth the grind and will be the best gear in the game.

Also certain piece of gear should only drop for certain classes, the obvious tank related gear with defense, awareness shouldn't be dropping for dpses. in fact if you adapted a system where each piece of gear can be later opened as a "box" with the option to select one for your role, you'd save alot of headache. With that i mean something like, getting an armor piece, if im an OP and i get this piece, when double clicking it, i should have a choice to chose whether i want the final piece to be for my healer spec or my tank spec, which means the same armor can have 2 different stats, but only 1 choice ofc, this would be gear more role friendly and not just the random grind it is right now.
    Lardeson CW not Mage. Where's my fireball and my thunderbolt?
  • Options

krumple01 said:

I got my offhand weapon for my Cleric on the first day I was able to run MEs and I've ran MEs every day since for nearly a month now and still no mainhand drop. I'm getting sick of running them because every drop is useless to me. All the armor pieces are refinement which I don't need. I don't need rough astral diamonds, I get plenty from running LoMM. My backlog of rough AD is over two million. Why am I even mentioning all that? Because the ONLY reason I am running MEs is to get the mainhand and I am certain now that it will never be rewarded to me. I have gotten six purple mainhands as a reward. Why give me these? What would be the point in giving a character a reward like this?

why do you care about alabaster? just buy burnished "plenty of LOMM", it's better anyway
    Are they better? I do run a lot of LoMM but the seal cap bugs me. It will take weeks before I have enough seals to get them. So stupid that they cap it at 400 per week. If I want to run the dungeon 10 times a day why can't I be given seals? My cleric has everything finished for campaigns, I have all the boons, I have all the gear. I can run lomm like its castle never. I am considering playing a different game, put money into a different game because why should I wait a week to get 400 seals? For what? Once I get it then what? There is nothing else for me.. I have alts but I see no point in running them.

• Options

krumple01 said:

krumple01 said:

Are they better? I do run a lot of LoMM but the seal cap bugs me. It will take weeks before I have enough seals to get them. So stupid that they cap it at 400 per week. If I want to run the dungeon 10 times a day why can't I be given seals? My cleric has everything finished for campaigns, I have all the boons, I have all the gear. I can run lomm like its castle never. I am considering playing a different game, put money into a different game because why should I wait a week to get 400 seals? For what? Once I get it then what? There is nothing else for me.. I have alts but I see no point in running them.

yes but probably not enough to even notice.....i saw you ingame, you have ebony main hand, alabaster is not even noticibly better then ebony...and i know a few people who already have the burnished main hand.......these set bonuses on the sets for this module are not only partially useless (more crit when literally any level 80 green gear puts you overcap on crit)
    but have bad or low uptime, and if you are doing LOMM like CN (~15 mins) why do you even care?
    Well good question. I will probably wait until mod 17 since I have no incentive to run anything. I just thought I would get my mainhand and then only log in to get my key and log out. With all the bugs being ignored while they will gladly put in a hotfix with no patch notes over the ME watcher design that they blatantly lied to the players about. The way I see it, they realized that there was something wrong with the method to obtain the watcher drop and fixed it. Then discovered it was too easy for players to get so they put in a ninja patch to make it more difficult.

Now you need to play 3 runes, which isn't that bad with a decent group.
    Then you have to get lucky with the instance that allows for the "ghost" to appear after a boss. There is no guarantee here.
    Then you need to make sure the party is good enough to kill the boss and if you die that's it.
    So we have 1 in 5 odds that we will get the drop. One person in the party gets the drop.
    Then we have 1 in 8 odds that the weapon will be for the class that we want it for.
    Now we have to repeat all of the above for the offhand or mainhand depending on which one you got.

The set isn't even worth the effort. By the time the majority of players can get lucky enough, there will be a new mod that makes the entire watcher set obsolete.

It is clear that the devs don't care about the player base and are willing to lie to them about the watcher set being an Easter egg. It's nothing even remotely an Easter egg. It is clear they put it into the game on Thursday after realizing something was broken. Had it been in the game and working prior to Thursday someone would have seen the ghost spawn after a boss fight and a simple click on the ghost would have revealed the essence exchange to spawn a boss.

My point is, they are willing to do this stuff yet the HP boons are still not working and this is something that becomes a financial thing for most players. When they discover they spent money on a respec token and the HP boons don't even work. They could have left the watcher system the way it was and not change anything on friday and it still would have been incredibly difficult to get the whole set on the class you want it for but no, they will patch it and ignore all the other broken stuff in the game.

• Options
    bloodrychebloodryche Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Same boat. Run ME every day and end up with HAMSTER gear. Got off hand first week and no main hand since. Yesterday and today got off hand again so up to 3 now. To add insult to injury turned in Etching to Zok and received a lvl 1000 piece of gear with a ranged damage bonus on it! Great for me since I play rogue... I've been able to live vicariously through my friend whos gotten both of his in a week on his Ranger and main hand on his cleric his first 3 runs. Great system.