test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

May 7 Q&A Follow Up Part 1

13»

Comments

• mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User

So we are now two weeks and two Follow Up threads past the Live Stream and we have had a grand total of TWO non OP replies from Cryptic staff.

@nitocris83 @mimicking#6533

Come on guys.

Are we still communicating?
    Because it feels very one sided again. There's only so often you can get away with the "Pull a Q&A and that will pacify the hoard for a while..."
    All you had to do was deliver on what you said you would in that live stream and we could all move forward and see whether it worked.
    If you couldn't do that, you shouldn't have said you would.

The last reply from anyone on this subject was last Monday. The OP on THIS thread was to answer questions that didn't get answered in the Q&A live, and I;m not being funny, but we've already moved on from there.

You can't start TWO Feedback and Follow Up Threads (and name the second one Part One...) and then not participate in the process of... feedback and follow up.

As far as I can tell you've not looked at anything we've said since the Live stream. Because you've not even acknowledged any of it.

You've got to do better. If you can't, between you, manage at least ONE comment per WEEK, you're not filling anyone with anything approaching the sort of confidence they need to have to believe that you really are on with some sort of fix.

I appreciate you are busy. But... nothing? For over a week?

I want to be sure you understand a couple of point, and be sure I likewise understand where you are coming from.

So.

1) Do you fully appreciate that low level zone scaling not allowing players to hit ratings caps is the single most negative change this community has ever been agreed upon in all the years I've been playing?

2) If you do recognise this, please.... PLEASE... explain then why you feel it is necessary to force it through, and how you feel it benefits the game.

3) Seriously... if someone were actually given the task of finding a way to really make the established player base want to not play NWO, they couldn't have come up with a better idea than the current zonal scaling system and that's if they were TRYING to make the game less fun.

4) I mean it... let us know what's happening. I've got enough VIP to last till the Jubilee, and right now, I'm logging on to collect keys, not even hanging around to open the box, and then going to play Star Trek.
    Whether I bother to come back and actually participate in playing the game and don't just open a bunch of boxes give it all away and Boldly Go elsewhere on a permanent basis relies heavily on the answers you give to the questions you created these threads for us to ask.

I think you know by now where we stand.

It would be nice if you reciprocated.

(Edited for clarity and to remove confusion... it originally read like I thought this thread was created over a week ago, which it obviously wasn't. And to emphasise I'm moaning about everything we've said SINCE the Live Stream Q&A and wanting to get some idea of where we are NOW not answers to questions from over a fortnight ago.)

Ahoy M-
    we are delivering on what we said in the stream. We've followed up on the first streams questions in block, and are responding and sending them out in chunks (there were a lot of them). We will continue to do this until we run out of the first Q&A, and are already digging into the list of Questions we did not get to from the second stream.

As to the changes I announced, they are currently implemented, and being tested in house. These are not over night kinds of changes, nor do we, nor I am sure you, want to rush them.

Thanks again for your input.
    M.K.

No worries Thom, I saw both feeds and already mentioned that I think the general upshot of the fixes is more than I'd expected.
    I'm on record as saying that scaling is probably needed in various situations, and removing it entirely from zones is better than I expected.

Keep the feedback a two way street and it will be a smoother ride for all of us...

I disagree with some of my fellows here in the community over the need for scaling in Dungeons. Without the depth of content that will eventually come with future L80 Modules, I believe that removing scaling across the board would remove any sense of challenge from the game.
    Maybe when we have a few more L80 dungeons you could try an Event where a couple of L70 dungeons are opened up to L80s sans scaling, as a solo challenge and see how many minutes it takes to finish them... it won' t be many... (TBH I'm only half joking having read that back... it would hellish fun! I know that's how many of us run CTA events at the moment...)
    bpstuart said:

bpstuart said:

@nitocris83 and @mimicking#6533

So follow up and feedback on the 21st's stream.

It was not as much as we had hoped.
    The only useful info was that Sharandar will be unscaled, and that monster health will be reduced 10%.
    Everything else felt like wittering.

I may have misunderstood, but the way I heard it, ALL zonal scaling is being removed.
    Not just Sharandar.
    So Campaign Challenge weeklies will be done with your character at L80 instead of scaled to L70. And going back to finish old content for Boons etc will be done at whatever level you are at, you won't need a 5 person team of end gamers to complete "Ballad of Baphomet"... and so on...

In fact Sharandar will be even easier than it was pre Mod16 because, as you say, it won't be scaled (unless that is an exception and the old campaign scaling still applies?)

Now that world scaling is fixed, it allows them time to focus on the specific instance scaling in Dungeons etc, where a broad stroke "one size fits all" isn't appropriate, and for the time being, (at least until there is substantially more L80 queue content) those old dungeons still need to provide a degree of challenge that complete removal of scaling would nullify. (I don't mind CN being harder if it means Dread Ring is easier... that's an imbalance I can live with...)

If completely removing zone scaling (including Stronghold) AND further reducing ALL non Boss critter HP by 10% does not improve your QOL in the game, then I'm lost as to what would improve it.
    If your read is true That would indeed be better news. I have not been able to check for myself since real life is not granting me much playtime.

I still want to find out about the powers and such so those questions are still looming.

I still also wish the Devs would just post answers in the forums too. Would be easier than the streams.
    I checked the patch notes. Unless there is some sort of group psychosis going on a Cryptic, I would say that it IS the case that all zones are having scaling removed and we'll all be L80 when kicking Dragon HAMSTER in The Well.

When that's in play and working I think addressing the smaller specific fixes will be a faster process.

Yeah... These Q&A Feedback Threads ought really to begin with a "What we said in the Stream..." detailing or bullet pointing things that were agreed on/promised in the stream. Answers that were given should be typed up and shared on the forum, along with answers to questions that were left unanswered in the stream
    This should be done alongside the answers to questions that never made it to the stream, but as far as feedback goes, it is important for everyone, including those who didn't make the stream, to be able to see what the team said would happen as a result.
  • robai#6206 robai Member Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    So what was the reason for scaling?

I'm not talking about: challenge quests or dungeons.
    I'm talking about: campaign progression, farming stuff for your guild, or just solo play, etc.

What was the problem with this:
    1) Get xp and hit lvl 80
    2) get lvl 80 gear
    3) then you should be able to do campaigns faster (not slower because of scaling)

So what was the reason for scaling?

I'm not talking about: challenge quests or dungeons.
    I'm talking about: campaign progression, farming stuff for your guild, or just solo play, etc.

What was the problem with this:
    1) Get xp and hit lvl 80
    2) get lvl 80 gear
    3) then you should be able to do campaigns faster (not slower because of scaling)

Here
    is some of the explanation.
    Though since they have agreed that it was a bad idea and are in the process of removing all zonal scaling, I'd say it's no longer worth worrying about why it happened.