test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

May 7 Q&A Follow Up Part 1

Comments

• arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    "Q. Why should a level 80 run 70 content?
    [Thomas F.] This is a great question, and always a dilemma when you raise the level cap in a game - there is going to be a period between releases when max level players have completed most or all intended end-game content. There are many players who have hit level 80, but have not completed or even started any of the campaign zones available, which was the whole reason for the Challenge campaigns. The new Challenge Campaign system allows you to play content across all of Neverwinter and earn rewards for completion of weekly challenges. While completing weekly Challenge Campaign tasks, you can select a specific campaign currency to receive as a reward, even if that campaign currency is not specific to your current Challenge Campaign task. In a nut shell, get a chance to fill in your boons and get other high end gear. "

from a point of view of a level 80 player with all campaigns done, all boons points unlocked and used why should i be running low level queued content when the rewards are not worth it, weekly campaign challenge only worth to buy companion token to upgrade companions to leg and maximize legendary companion collection, this module was the opportunity to introduce Legend queue an example is add all epic dungeon and dungeons that were removed from the game and transform it on a tales of old queue(tales of legends) and put the npc in yawn portal tavern/inn, player need to be 24k il, have all max boon points possible used and critters are 18k ratings and its a 1 run/5 run queue with embelishments ( castle ravenloft and lomm aren't included maybe add castle ravenloft next year/next module), an idea for lair of lostmauth is that bosses skin are completly gold and give a chance to drop gold dye, end chest chance to add golden tyranny of dragon artifact weapons skin to be added to our gear transmute tab(if we ever get one). also doing just lomm gets to a points that we bore ourselves of doing same dungeon challenge with good rewards. yes one dungeon per module is not enough.
  • mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    So we are now two weeks and two Follow Up threads past the Live Stream and we have had a grand total of TWO non OP replies from Cryptic staff.

@nitocris83 @mimicking#6533

Come on guys.

Are we still communicating?
    Because it feels very one sided again. There's only so often you can get away with the "Pull a Q&A and that will pacify the hoard for a while..."
    All you had to do was deliver on what you said you would in that live stream and we could all move forward and see whether it worked.
    If you couldn't do that, you shouldn't have said you would.

The last reply from anyone on this subject was last Monday. The OP on THIS thread was to answer questions that didn't get answered in the Q&A live, and I;m not being funny, but we've already moved on from there.

You can't start TWO Feedback and Follow Up Threads (and name the second one Part One...) and then not participate in the process of... feedback and follow up.

As far as I can tell you've not looked at anything we've said since the Live stream. Because you've not even acknowledged any of it.

You've got to do better. If you can't, between you, manage at least ONE comment per WEEK, you're not filling anyone with anything approaching the sort of confidence they need to have to believe that you really are on with some sort of fix.

I appreciate you are busy. But... nothing? For over a week?

I want to be sure you understand a couple of point, and be sure I likewise understand where you are coming from.

So.

1) Do you fully appreciate that low level zone scaling not allowing players to hit ratings caps is the single most negative change this community has ever been agreed upon in all the years I've been playing?

2) If you do recognise this, please.... PLEASE... explain then why you feel it is necessary to force it through, and how you feel it benefits the game.

3) Seriously... if someone were actually given the task of finding a way to really make the established player base want to not play NWO, they couldn't have come up with a better idea than the current zonal scaling system and that's if they were TRYING to make the game less fun.

4) I mean it... let us know what's happening. I've got enough VIP to last till the Jubilee, and right now, I'm logging on to collect keys, not even hanging around to open the box, and then going to play Star Trek.
    Whether I bother to come back and actually participate in playing the game and don't just open a bunch of boxes give it all away and Boldly Go elsewhere on a permanent basis relies heavily on the answers you give to the questions you created these threads for us to ask.

I think you know by now where we stand.

It would be nice if you reciprocated.

(Edited for clarity and to remove confusion... it originally read like I thought this thread was created over a week ago, which it obviously wasn't. And to emphasise I'm moaning about everything we've said SINCE the Live Stream Q&A and wanting to get some idea of where we are NOW not answers to questions from over a fortnight ago.)
    Post edited by mordekai#1901 on
  • tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    1) What take you so long to correct
    - Valindra's tower ghosts speed ? They are much more faster than previous mod
    - Kessel's retreat: Kessel spams with no warning his black orbs
    - TONG: Last boss souls get far too much HP
    - MSP: Tentacle have far too much HP + Nocturia is still bugged as hell
    - Ravenlot Castle: Will you make fire explosion on last boss not one shotting everybody ?

2) Will you make the mod 16 quest to get companion gear REPLAYABLE ? Will you make those items UNIQUE so people who exploited it can only equip one, like every other player ?

3) What about the weapon set of the watcher ? Is it really obtainable on live or is it just a bug and we keep searching for nothing ?
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    Watching today's stream. My questions for the next one:

1. Can you reopen the side areas in the legacy dungeons? (CC, GWD, ToS)? If not, why not?
    2. With IL scaling a thing now, can we be able to run the leveling skirmishes that we missed?
    3. Any update on making existing Foundry cloaks (Apprentice, Graduate, etc.) reclaimable?
    4. Can you look at fixing getting certain titles? For example, carrying the entire High Vizier set (4 armor pieces, mainhand, offhand) is supposed to give you the High Vizier title, but at some point this was broken for all of the old set titles. The same goes for Foundry Stalwart: I earned it just before Mod 16 launched, but since launch none of my alts can claim it -- only the ones who claimed it before launch have it
    Post edited by hustin1 on
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • shanefrazier93shanefrazier93 Member Posts: 28 Arc User

Q. Now with the foundry gone, is there anything roleplay community can look forward to, such as new hairstyles, fashion or dyes?
    [Thomas F.] Good question! All that you mentioned are things currently on the docket. Now when I say that, I don’t necessarily mean the next module release, but on the calendar to be considered for this year’s development. Question back to you- Where as a roleplayer do you like to hang out in NW?

Thank you so much for addressing the RP community! The Moonstone Mask is our primary hang-out, the only one really, but this is mainly due to the fact that it's the only single-instance zone in the game.

A single-instance zone is vital for roleplay because you need to know that when you walk into the zone, you're seeing everybody that's there (as opposed to having 20 different versions of the same map).

If you're looking at things down the road, we would love, love, LOVE to have another single-instance zone! Maybe something like the Driftwood Tavern, more of a standard "tavern" setting to roleplay in would make sense.

Thanks!

-Shane

• bpstuartbpstuart Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    Now i gotta worry the Devs are listening to me Roleplay.
    Ego etiam cupo recrari et amari diu post mortem meam
    I too wish to be recreated, and to be loved long after my death.
    @mimicking#6533 @nitocris83

Thank you.
    Zonal scaling. Gone...
    Just... thank you!

I have to admit... I have always thought "some" degree of scaling wasn't such a bad idea, but if being *too* powerful is the trade off for the fix, I'll take it.

IL Scaling in Dungeons... I'm still not entirely sure what impact this is going to have... I'll just have to see it in action. I hope we aren't getting a bump in enchants as a trade off for a loss elsewhere, but as long as Dungeons fit in the sweet spot between "take forever to finish Malabog" and "We finished Shores while your laggy connection was porting you in..." It will be an improvement.

Stronghold.
    Good news makes sense...

Again, thanks for listening.

Now, get those patches up and we can get on with picking holes in all the Class, Gear, and Content changes... ;)
    Can I suggest that next time you run a live stream, you don't prioritise one or t'other when it comes to live questions and prepared questions?
    Have your list of prepared Q&As and take it in turns between answering them and dipping into the live ones.

I understand that you want, nay need, to keep the LIVE aspect of the live stream relevant, but its also about the ANSWERS so you do need to balance that aspect of the stream as well.

Keep a pile of the 5 or 6 most important questions from the forums et al, and have a back up pile, and spend as much time as you can going through that stuff, while jumping in with live questions, but make sure there IS a balance between the two.

For one thing, it means you will be sure to be able to properly answer at least 50% of the questions instead of "Not sure, we'll go away and find out" or "I THINK this is the answer but... not sure..." it just makes more sense, and you'll find you get more satisfied reactions from us, the more definitive answers you can offer.
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User

Can I suggest that next time you run a live stream, you don't prioritise one or t'other when it comes to live questions and prepared questions?
    Have your list of prepared Q&As and take it in turns between answering them and dipping into the live ones.

I understand that you want, nay need, to keep the LIVE aspect of the live stream relevant, but its also about the ANSWERS so you do need to balance that aspect of the stream as well.

Keep a pile of the 5 or 6 most important questions from the forums et al, and have a back up pile, and spend as much time as you can going through that stuff, while jumping in with live questions, but make sure there IS a balance between the two.

For one thing, it means you will be sure to be able to properly answer at least 50% of the questions instead of "Not sure, we'll go away and find out" or "I THINK this is the answer but... not sure..." it just makes more sense, and you'll find you get more satisfied reactions from us, the more definitive answers you can offer.

The reality is that the questions selected either from forum or live will always allow them the ability to answer it in a positive light. Instead what I would like to see is them randomly placing all question into a hat and than drawing those out of the hat and answering them. Live questions should be added to the hat as stream goes. This way there is less chance of them picking question that favor their pre-thought out responses. It also would provide transparency between consumer and the business.

Will that take this risk and do such a thing. Probably not. The reason I feel they would avoid this type of question selection is that it does not allow them to be some what prepared with answers that paints the game current state as good and moving in the right direction.

I have learned to accept that mod 16 will probably be the last mod for me for NWO and I know many more players ready to leave and go play other F2P games or MMOs.
    edited May 2019

The reality is that the questions selected either from forum or live will always allow them the ability to answer it in a positive light. Instead what I would like to see is them randomly placing all question into a hat and than drawing those out of the hat and answering them. Live questions should be added to the hat as stream goes. This way there is less chance of them picking question that favor their pre-thought out responses. It also would provide transparency between consumer and the business.

Will that take this risk and do such a thing. Probably not. The reason I feel they would avoid this type of question selection is that it does not allow them to be some what prepared with answers that paints the game current state as good and moving in the right direction.

I have learned to accept that mod 16 will probably be the last mod for me for NWO and I know many more players ready to leave and go play other F2P games or MMOs.
    Yeah, it's a very touchy feely "everyone gets a fair chance" method, but if there are ten or more people all asking the same thing on the forum, I'd rather them come with a prepared answer to THAT, rather than, "When will we get flying mounts?" AGAIN, popping out of a bag at random.

I think having answers prepared is a good thing. It means we wouldn't then have to wait another week for the "answers to questions we didn't get round to asking, cos someone wanted to know about the possibility of Dwarven Beard fashion packs..."

Answering questions on the hoof leads to (and watch the last stream again if you don't believe me...) lots of "Err, not sure about that, we'll go and check and get back to you." or, "I'm not sure I understand that question..." or "I think it means..." which, as far as getting a proper answer is concerned, is just noise. It's fine trying to guess, but unless it's a proper "Yeah, I know this, it's..." it's no better than a "I dunno". And if they take the time to find the answer before the feed they will be able to talk with confidence and authority on the matter.
    @nitocris83 and @mimicking#6533

So follow up and feedback on the 21st's stream.

It was not as much as we had hoped.
    The only useful info was that Sharandar will be unscaled, and that monster health will be reduced 10%.
    Everything else felt like wittering.
    You called the stream short, you changed the topic of it a few days before so all the prepared questions about powers and feats continue to be unanswered and it still feels like you are only half listening to us.
    Answers continue to often come off as dodges or intentionally misunderstood and answered in a way as to miss the point.

Are you still communicating with the comunity or is this a string along?
    Because i am feeling strung along and toyed with.

I would suggest instead of Reddit AMAs, or time filler streams once a fortnight, how about you actually post to the forums.
    Open a thread and let us ask questions on a topic and for the love of Hamster actually answer them.

Perhaps also run concepts by us before you do them. Scaling was near universally despised and it cost you dearly. The playerbase can not withstand another such detrimental decision. We are Hemoraging players and that means the game is closer and closer to death and i don't want that.
  • akneth#7126 akneth Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Love all the bitching and crying about dungs.... STFU why not try fixing boons, classes that aren't what they are supposed to be, yes uncompleteable content, ect before worring about a single HAMSTER dung that was done withon 24 hours of release
    edited May 2019
    bpstuart said:

The only useful info was that Sharandar will be unscaled, and that monster health will be reduced 10%.

I may have misunderstood, but the way I heard it, ALL zonal scaling is being removed.
    Not just Sharandar.
    So Campaign Challenge weeklies will be done with your character at L80 instead of scaled to L70. And going back to finish old content for Boons etc will be done at whatever level you are at, you won't need a 5 person team of end gamers to complete "Ballad of Baphomet"... and so on...

In fact Sharandar will be even easier than it was pre Mod16 because, as you say, it won't be scaled (unless that is an exception and the old campaign scaling still applies?)

Now that world scaling is fixed, it allows them time to focus on the specific instance scaling in Dungeons etc, where a broad stroke "one size fits all" isn't appropriate, and for the time being, (at least until there is substantially more L80 queue content) those old dungeons still need to provide a degree of challenge that complete removal of scaling would nullify. (I don't mind CN being harder if it means Dread Ring is easier... that's an imbalance I can live with...)

If completely removing zone scaling (including Stronghold) AND further reducing ALL non Boss critter HP by 10% does not improve your QOL in the game, then I'm lost as to what would improve it.
  • hayyyyahayyyya Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    Dear Neverwinter Team i just have a super simple sugestion the little fellow pets we get from Zok they are usless maybe u can code them as Grap Pets that they got for Rearity a little bag inside and they grap gold and everything else for you. IT works in many games so maybe u guys can implement it would be super nice. Thank you
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User

bpstuart said:

I may have misunderstood, but the way I heard it, ALL zonal scaling is being removed.
    Not just Sharandar.
    So Campaign Challenge weeklies will be done with your character at L80 instead of scaled to L70. And going back to finish old content for Boons etc will be done at whatever level you are at, you won't need a 5 person team of end gamers to complete "Ballad of Baphomet"... and so on...

In fact Sharandar will be even easier than it was pre Mod16 because, as you say, it won't be scaled (unless that is an exception and the old campaign scaling still applies?)

Now that world scaling is fixed, it allows them time to focus on the specific instance scaling in Dungeons etc, where a broad stroke "one size fits all" isn't appropriate, and for the time being, (at least until there is substantially more L80 queue content) those old dungeons still need to provide a degree of challenge that complete removal of scaling would nullify. (I don't mind CN being harder if it means Dread Ring is easier... that's an imbalance I can live with...)

If completely removing zone scaling (including Stronghold) AND further reducing ALL non Boss critter HP by 10% does not improve your QOL in the game, then I'm lost as to what would improve it.
    it should all just be level 80 in the dungeon. from what I've seen it still isn't fixed so you can reach arpen in scaled dungeon content. all dungeons need to be level 80 end of. they've removed progression otherwise. why would I bother with upgrading stuff or balancing if it's pointless except for one bugged dungeon? why would I bother spending millions to upgrade my gear to be perfectly balanced for one maybe 2 dungeons and then go back and just play old content that I can't even cap arpen on? the game will die as it is. they'll keep newbs for the levelling to 80, they'll stay a little while go meh and leave.. all the old players will melt off. this isn't a fix.
  • mimicking#6533 mimicking Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 83 Cryptic Developer

So we are now two weeks and two Follow Up threads past the Live Stream and we have had a grand total of TWO non OP replies from Cryptic staff.

@nitocris83 @mimicking#6533

Come on guys.

Are we still communicating?
    Because it feels very one sided again. There's only so often you can get away with the "Pull a Q&A and that will pacify the hoard for a while..."
    All you had to do was deliver on what you said you would in that live stream and we could all move forward and see whether it worked.
    If you couldn't do that, you shouldn't have said you would.

The last reply from anyone on this subject was last Monday. The OP on THIS thread was to answer questions that didn't get answered in the Q&A live, and I;m not being funny, but we've already moved on from there.

You can't start TWO Feedback and Follow Up Threads (and name the second one Part One...) and then not participate in the process of... feedback and follow up.

As far as I can tell you've not looked at anything we've said since the Live stream. Because you've not even acknowledged any of it.

You've got to do better. If you can't, between you, manage at least ONE comment per WEEK, you're not filling anyone with anything approaching the sort of confidence they need to have to believe that you really are on with some sort of fix.

I appreciate you are busy. But... nothing? For over a week?

I want to be sure you understand a couple of point, and be sure I likewise understand where you are coming from.

So.

1) Do you fully appreciate that low level zone scaling not allowing players to hit ratings caps is the single most negative change this community has ever been agreed upon in all the years I've been playing?

2) If you do recognise this, please.... PLEASE... explain then why you feel it is necessary to force it through, and how you feel it benefits the game.

3) Seriously... if someone were actually given the task of finding a way to really make the established player base want to not play NWO, they couldn't have come up with a better idea than the current zonal scaling system and that's if they were TRYING to make the game less fun.

4) I mean it... let us know what's happening. I've got enough VIP to last till the Jubilee, and right now, I'm logging on to collect keys, not even hanging around to open the box, and then going to play Star Trek.
    Whether I bother to come back and actually participate in playing the game and don't just open a bunch of boxes give it all away and Boldly Go elsewhere on a permanent basis relies heavily on the answers you give to the questions you created these threads for us to ask.

I think you know by now where we stand.

It would be nice if you reciprocated.

(Edited for clarity and to remove confusion... it originally read like I thought this thread was created over a week ago, which it obviously wasn't. And to emphasise I'm moaning about everything we've said SINCE the Live Stream Q&A and wanting to get some idea of where we are NOW not answers to questions from over a fortnight ago.)

Ahoy M-
    we are delivering on what we said in the stream. We've followed up on the first streams questions in block, and are responding and sending them out in chunks (there were a lot of them). We will continue to do this until we run out of the first Q&A, and are already digging into the list of Questions we did not get to from the second stream.

As to the changes I announced, they are currently implemented, and being tested in house. These are not over night kinds of changes, nor do we, nor I am sure you, want to rush them.

Thanks again for your input.
    M.K.

Go ahead, click on the chest...

bpstuart said:

Not just Sharandar.

If your read is true That would indeed be better news. I have not been able to check for myself since real life is not granting me much playtime.

I still want to find out about the powers and such so those questions are still looming.

I still also wish the Devs would just post answers in the forums too. Would be easier than the streams.