test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Updates from 5/23 Maintenance

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
Greetings Adventurers,

Yesterday’s (May 23) patch incorrectly allowed shimmer-spawned bosses to spawn with just one rune. As these encounters are meant to be some of the most challenging in the game, this morning’s update reverted to the original intent of requiring 3 runes to be slotted in order to have a chance to spawn. It was never intended for one rune to allow for multi-spawns. We apologize for any confusion this may have caused.

Comments

• sundancewanderingwolfsundancewanderingwolf Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    So is he patched in correctly or patched out?
  • dakkon1234dakkon1234 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Yes, you literally REVERTED CHANGES now bosses doesn't appear, just like before Thursday's patch.
  • mtndogmtndog Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    I hope you will update the Watcher weapons to be specific to the player's particular class!!!
  • ailliver#7283 ailliver Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Why wasn't this posted before the patch or immediately afterwards? I have already done 6/9 runs for the day, and the only one left to run them really shouldn't be running 3 rune runs.
  • mphoenix#7043 mphoenix Member Posts: 21 Arc User

50% chance to spawn a wraith? its less than 10%, confirmed by multiple people ingame

Then the chances are 1/16,000, and it will take you around 15,000 MEs on average. Even worse.

I was making up a number just so I could crunch numbers and see what it might be.
  • quickfoot#7851 quickfoot Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    I was wondering as I haven't seen a watcher piece drop yet, is there a Loot Roll for the piece when it drops? If not, there should be, that way if the piece is not for your class, you can pass it on to another party member and they could do for you likewise, that would help some.

The bosses are really hard with just 1 runestone (some are impossible), I don't think many people will be able to even defeat the doable bosses with 3 runes active. I really do think the self heals the bosses have need to be removed, working for 15 minutes to get a boss down to 20% hp, only to have him heal to 100% again and again is really nuts, it's just cheesy.

As for the drop rates and the insane RNG, didn't you guys learn anything with the hunts in Chult and Omu? Y'all said you didn't want them to be frustrating, and y'all did better in Barovia, but why revert back to the insane RNG inside RNG inside RNG?

@nitocris83 @mimicking#6533

Thanks for the info btw, at least now we know.

• malekith#8724 malekith Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    This wep set isn't even worth the effort or the stress of dealing with RNG. It's a status symbol... the NW equivalent of some $400 vintage ironic tshirt coveted by Hipsters. Burning set is Primal 2.0 and is way better for all classes.
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    I’m guessing most of us have our loot set to randomly distribute, so we don’t get rolls on any of the loot.

So the first thing is to set the Loot mode to be “roll for everything” before spawning the first boss.

The second thing is I would rather run LotMM than bother with these fights as it stands. At least LotMM has clearly defined manageable mechanics for the bosses and their bugs are clear.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    edited May 2019

That is, 2/80 chance *1/80 chance to get an item you want, which is 2/6400 or 1/3200.

Before you try to make an argument with math at least learn how to do it.

—-

Folks get a party of 5.
    Set loot to “leader decides” (just don’t pug this), and it needs to be for green or higher.

It seems the map may matter. But even if it’s a 10% chance per boss. In 3 runs you should get 1 spectre.

So every 3 runs someone gets a weapon, as long as you can kill the boss.

That’s more reliable than Alabaster drop rates.

Have updated as I have confirmed that even at “White” for need or greed they auto-loot. This needs to be fixed ASAP, because there is still a 3/8 chance that only an ALT can use the weapons even without it auto-looting. (Yes I get auto-looting is the easy way to stop poor behaviour, but with the way these work atm, it’s not tenable to have.)
    Post edited by obsidiancran3 on
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    nobody would wait for 1 1/2 year for full set when the next mod come around in 3-4 months. it just like Castle Raveloft get abandoned and i only got 1 upgrade when i need 10 or few more runs to complete my Sunblade.
    what they did with RNG is seriously flawed and make other players to forget and drop what we were doing and farm for next upgrades.
    Sunblades we have, it should has be done once, not got multiple runs for series of upgradings, and players are getting burnouts.
    question is, why should we worry to get Watcher set when there is (code-name) "Sentinel set" waiting on next one?
  • lordseth1985lordseth1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 319 Arc User
    So, after weeks of running ME and trying to figure out how to obtain those weapons, they ninja fixed the drop and it was still broken and now they "reverted" it back to 3 runes only run?
    Avestruz.Q.T.Seduz - Rogue, natural born assassin.