test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Alabaster Weapon Undermountain

tigermarytigermary Member Posts: 13 Arc User
I have all my gear 950 from running the ME, except for my main hand 980 Cleric weapon. Is there a reason, or is there something specific i need to do to get it? Any help would be appreciated. I have done a lot runs and nothing.

Comments

• tigermarytigermary Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Thanks much, Yea at least i have the offhand weapon :)
  • thestiathestia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 296 Arc User
    Another avenue would be to bring up a second cleric through the undermountain campaign so you would have 3 additional chances per day. That's a lot of work however.
  • bloodrychebloodryche Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Still no main hand for me. Friend got both of his in a week. Good stuff... Maybe we'll get lucky and get them before the next mod. Maybe not.
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,489 Arc User
    All hail RNG, the avatar of the Source!

Daily prayers to the RNG is strongly recommended! Sacrifices of young elfin virgins are welcome as well!
  • fokkenprawnsfokkenprawns Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Making items that are crucial to game play and character development dependent on RNG is just plain arrogant and stupid. I for one have gone from loving this game to logging on, doing the boring/brain numbing expeditions and then logging off. This game has become a chore and I have better things to do with my time and money...
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    I have gotten 2 offhands and 1 mainhand so far from MEs. The other day when they took down the server to fix the problem with the CTA I had almost killed the final section of a ME, when it booted me. I lost the ME, but the next one gave me my mainhand, so it was like compensation for a lost run. But I do have 3 clerics so I could still use 1 more offhand and 2 more mainhands.
  • cherryman1cherryman1 Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited May 2019

Making items that are crucial to game play and character development dependent on RNG is just plain arrogant and stupid. I for one have gone from loving this game to logging on, doing the boring/brain numbing expeditions and then logging off. This game has become a chore and I have better things to do with my time and money...

they aren't crucial to gameplay though, they arent even that much better then the ones we have from module 15. they gave us the free undermountain set at the start of this module, more then enough to take you to your final destination. and hey if you decide you wanna farm the new dungeon then you can just buy the burnished set and skip Halabaster
    The undermountain set was bugged and they gave out to some players who picked up the weapons immediately the set that is in the $200 pack by mistake. If you got that set they let you keep it. The rest of the players who didn't pick that up early enough got the old vistani weapons that are very bad. This is why some people think that the old sets are great because they accidentally got a huge upgrade while the rest of the players now are gated behind RNG or $200. You can tell the difference because they left the names the same but the item level and stats are way different.
    Post edited by cherryman1 on
    Guild Leader: Under the Influence
    Yule (Barb): 72k : Siren (TR): 78k : Torun (DC): 73k : Siren OP (OP): 76k : Siren SW (SW): 78k : Modern (F): 80k : Cherry1 (CW) : 68k Siren HR (HR): 78k
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Vistani/Undermountain sets suck. The set bonus is subpar.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    I got mainhand on first try. Today I got another mainhand.
    I can't get offhand part of the set no matter what.

Also, what's with unrealistic and ungodly amount of runes needed for equipment restoration?
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
  • n4thdarrn4thdarr Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    i got same problem on one character i get only main-hands on another only off-hands(2 days ago i got 2 off-hands in a row in same day), different classes characters.
  • cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    I got two full sets in my first week of running MEs. Then two weeks without seeing any. Then I just got a 3rd off-hand the other day.

RNG is weird.
  • easyas123#9321 easyas123 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    I have the exact same problem, Tigermary. I got my offhand for my cleric in the first few weeks after release (I got to the MEs later than most). Then, some patches went in, and I believe the odds were incredibly nerfed. It makes no sense to me, since you can't sell 'em. But I haven't seen a main hand or an off hand ever since. I think the people on here praising the random number generator actually got their full set in the first several weeks after release when the odds of the drop were actually significantly higher.

For the record... the DEVs can actually fix this, especially when you have people doing 132 runs, and not getting a single drop, it doesn't surprise me you have players who get frustrated and wander off. I thought grinding-for-the-statistically-improbable-hope-of was what the watcher set was for. :) C'mon, DEVs. Bump UP the odds on the next patch.
    On the other hand, still waiting for the set that is supposed to show up in the tradebar store...
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    Around the 20th is not "when Undermountain went live".
  • itzlapolaloltzitzlapolaloltz Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    RNG seems worse because we can only perform 3 runs a day.
    Back in the days I did 97 runs to loot the horn of lostmauth...but I did within 5 days.
  • tjkernan#7315 tjkernan Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    Meh, now that they jacked my event bow up, I have given up on Alabastard Bow, I just do my MEs to get my daily laugh every day as I get my "random" stuff--meaning an ebonized axe, the red feather chest piece, and either a fighter purple (I am not a fighter...) or red feather boots. Have gotten the same thing every day for for 95% of MEs since day 3 of Mod16
  • ironkodiak#7469 ironkodiak Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    6 shields on my main...

No sword, yet.

Sigh.