test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Set of The Watcher Is Unobtainable

Comments

• vadasz21#2727 vadasz21 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    Thanks @bungabunga#5136 I had hope that maybe they did choose their words wisely. This is just sad. Very, very sad. I haven't been too impressed with mod 16 except for the visuals of the undermountain zones. I'm also cursed by RNG and have yet to receive either of my Alabaster weapons. It's great to know they like to string us along on a wild goose chase...Not sure I will believe anything out of their mouths anymore.
  • ailliver#7283 ailliver Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Ever consider maybe they felt bad for us and just made it easier?
  • leogetz#4447 leogetz Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    Well well, and here some of us were reading all sorts of lore and examining the me maps and the undermountain zones and it turns out not being a puzzle anyways. And the soul puppet thing only started popping after today's patch.

Btw. Why is it that me and my friends have run tons of me's with 3 runes and 2 runes and 1 runes and never had an essence drop?
    We got Alabaster weapons and every purple drop under the sun but no essences.

GG devs.

ps. anyone knows if you need to run 3 rune runs to get essences and the soul puppet?
  • leonidrexleonidrex Member Posts: 401 Arc User

Well well, and here some of us were reading all sorts of lore and examining the me maps and the undermountain zones and it turns out not being a puzzle anyways. And the soul puppet thing only started popping after today's patch.

Btw. Why is it that me and my friends have run tons of me's with 3 runes and 2 runes and 1 runes and never had an essence drop?

GG devs.

i think you have to run or finish LOMM. btw GJ devs for stealth fixing this. OMEGALUL.
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User

GG devs.

ps. anyone knows if you need to run 3 rune runs to get essences and the soul puppet?

1 rune is enough for both.
  • leogetz#4447 leogetz Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    arazith07 said:

GG devs.

Ah, tyvm for the info. Do you know if we need to do LOMM as well to get essence drops? Me and my friends are pretty good geared now but we are not at IL 20K so we can't do LOMM. :)
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User

arazith07 said:

GG devs.

Ah, tyvm for the info. Do you know if we need to do LOMM as well to get essence drops? Me and my friends are pretty good geared now but we are not at IL 20K so we can't do LOMM. :)
    I was getting essence drops before I completed LoMM for the first time, but they did first drop when LoMM was unlocked for everyone. The essences are a rarer drop, I've gotten 9 total since the 9th. I have the quest to complete the ruined armor unfinished as well.
  • artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User

Do you know if we need to do LOMM as well to get essence drops? Me and my friends are pretty good geared now but we are not at IL 20K so we can't do LOMM. :)

I've gotten essences before i completed LoMM for the first time. You only need to enter it. You can probably enter it alone with private queue and leave immediately.
  • bungabunga#5136 bungabunga Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    > @ailliver#7283 said:
    > Ever consider maybe they felt bad for us and just made it easier?

OMEGALOL.
    10/10

They never do that, it was meant to be like this, was delayed intentionally and they be liars.
    Which admin just made this account to try defend themselves? Show yourself!

Remember when they said 'you are close'

Remember when they said 'it's a puzzle/Easter egg'
  • quickfoot#7851 quickfoot Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    Tried the longing boss, but it seems impossible. As soon as you get him to 20-25% hp, he heals to full, and as far as I could tell, when he raised his arms to heal, he was immune to dmg. Some other people defeated him by luring him off a ledge, but that's ECC level cheese right there. As it is, it's cheese from the devs, dude is immune to dmg unless you are right next to him in the blue, then once you get him to 20% or 25%, he just heals to full hp, and it takes a long time to get him down that low too. He'll heal to full over and over again as many times as you drop him down to 20-25%. Someone said they beat longing twice legitly, but I really don't believe it unless they cheesed their way through like the other group did (who was at least honest).

The blue wolf one was doable, tough, but doable. I have heard other people say one of the others is also impossible.

Not sure how many more straws this camel can take with these devs, I already just do 3x ME's a day and log off, and them lying to us like this, making stupid boss fights, and releasing content that's got way too many bugs to be considered production ready, man, HAMSTER this my brain is telling me, but I still have a thin thread of hope.

• ailliver#7283 ailliver Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Ever consider maybe they felt bad for us and just made it easier?

> @ailliver#7283 said:

> Ever consider maybe they felt bad for us and just made it easier?

OMEGALOL.

10/10

They never do that, it was meant to be like this, was delayed intentionally and they be liars.

Which admin just made this account to try defend themselves? Show yourself!

Remember when they said 'you are close'

Remember when they said 'it's a puzzle/Easter egg'

Not a dev. Just an optimistic personality who tries to see the best in a situation.
  • cabar1cabar1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 124 Arc User
    > @quickfoot#7851 said:
    > ... since pvp has gone to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

well it is about time pvp gets ruined by pve instead of the inverse which killed a couple of classes!!!!
    99 lines of code on the wall, 99 lines of code, add one line, compile it again....... 113 lines on code on the wall
    113 lines of code on the wall, 113 lines of code, rewrite one line, compile it again.......
    Wait For It
  • quickfoot#7851 quickfoot Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    cabar1 said:

> @quickfoot#7851 said:

> ... since pvp has gone to HAMSTER.

well it is about time pvp gets ruined by pve instead of the inverse which killed a couple of classes!!!!

It's not really that. It's more like, they left the dog out back and forgot to feed it for 6+ mods and it eventually died not being able to sustain itself on rodents, grasshoppers, and rain water. Tbh, pvp is actually a little better, where they screwed up was making people too tanky and encounter power cool downs too damn long, no one dies any more, which is boring and therefor really really bad. But they didn't just screw over PVP (which wasn't totally this mod as I was saying), but they totally screwed the pooch on PVE, which resulted in a lot of players leaving, and some of them played PVP which resulted in the PVP population finally really dying out.

People love to blame PVP for nerfs in PVE, like when they nerfed TR's power looping, but honestly, that was a PVE issue, not PVP. They nerfed stealth, in PVP, not in PVE. Etc, etc... For the most part it's people scapegoating because their favored class got a nerf, which it probably needed for PVE balance anyways.

• mifiisumifiisu Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    Essence drops are an issue. Can someone confirm that there is a chance to obtain them when running MEs solo with one rune? Or does this actually require a party composition?
  • akemnosakemnos Member Posts: 597 Arc User
    You can definitely get them solo with 1 rune. got one today that way. i think others might be right though and you have to at least enter LOMM. just queue privately and leave.
  • agilestoagilesto Member Posts: 516 Arc User
    Yeah, I love "easter eggs" that are just some RNG layers...
    I ran my 3 ME yesterday with a group, in the 9 boss we never had a soul to summon the special encounter. And we all had some essences in our inventory ready to be given.
    On top of that the drops seems to be random too, and can be for other classes than yours.
    So well, I'm not against grind of some sort, but don't call that an Easter Egg, it's not.

BTW, good job on lying to us about that subject. In this quite uncomfortable period following the M16 disaster, it was sure something do to. Definitely better than saying "Hey folks this is just not implemented yet, wait for a week or two".
  • gormenghast1gormenghast1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 88 Arc User
    Can't wait for the next driftwood stream

• obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    They didn’t lie when they said we were getting warmer, we had recognised that the Essence of X items were necessary.

@nitocris83 lied when she said they were in game and obtainable and that one of them had obtained them on live.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • farhannaje#7907 farhannaje Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Guys 1st you need have some1 in party who have Essence in his inventory (People have reported that u need enter Lair of Made mage once and quit so Essence starts to drop from ME end chest). Not all person just the one with Essence can interact with Wraith (He drops random after you kill zone boss. so there are are chance at 3 boss per ME). I feel number of rune attune dont matter nor the type of rune used. Also there is no limit on those wraith we got them 2nd time but is total random. Daily quest from Obaya is also not required by everyone you can just tag along with someone having that quest.

Party is most important to kill these boss as they are way too tough for average gear ppl. There is mechanics involved on most boss that you need figure out to defeat him. Essence of sorrow spawn a wolf that looks easiest to kill atm.
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    > @pariswinters#7118 said:
    > i feel like they outlined the plan for maybe 2 years, coded this mod up half finished in less than a week, did a little "closed beta", made a few tweaks, --> open beta, -->minor adjusting --> Live Beta
    >
    > and now they are actively coding the other half of the module and giving it to us 1 patch at a time, with 3 patches in between to fix all the bugs the new build introduced..... smiling and pretending everything is fine....all the way to the bank
    >
    > my only question is......how can i get a job working at cryptic studios?

You need to know how to count to 9 and most of the alphabet. A bit of qbasic, c, c++, vb6+, haskell, python, cobol,pascal.. a few others.
    Plus you need to know how to add a secret code to break most of the code but still leave it functional for at least 2 modules to come.

More than anything you need to know how to make us believe you are busy doing something, plus working to make the players happy... when really you are laughing at our pain.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • mifiisumifiisu Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    ä ö ü are not strictly german btw