test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Reflect Boon seems Overpowered in PVP

quickfoot#7851 quickfoot Member Posts: 488 Arc User
Granted, it doesn't proc all the time, but when it does, and if it procs on both people, it's kinda crazy.

Maybe consider making this reflect 10-25% of damage versus players, and make it very clear that it is procing so people don't end up killing themselves like "wtf!?".

Comments

• jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    I knew that was an insane boon as soon as I saw it. I did some test matches with a friend last night, both of us had it.

Basically it makes pvp random. Whenever it procs, someone dies lol.

Everyone could agree to not use it in pvp, but there would always be that one guy.... plz just remove it.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • alfalolzalfalolz Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    Confirm. Damage is stupid is seems like piercing . Pvp unplayable . Will post a video on that today
  • quickfoot#7851 quickfoot Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    Yeah, when it procs on both players, it's just a matter of who has more hp, not sure if reducing it's effects on players to X% will have much of a difference, that would probably just stretch out the effect over a few more seconds. Might need to be replaced entirely especially if it's not very useful in pve either, or disabled in pvp, maybe replaced with some other effect in just pvp, idk, that's up to the devs.

• demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Mod 16 and these people are at it again to beat a dead horse... leave the reflection boon alone. Everyone can choose it if they want it. Sucks to be a one hit wonder kill God now doesn't it???
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
    > @demonmonger said:
    > Mod 16 and these people are at it again to beat a dead horse... leave the reflection boon alone. Everyone can choose it if they want it. Sucks to be a one hit wonder kill God now doesn't it???
    >
    >
    What do I mean by leave it alone ?

You must be joking. Totally broken for pvp
    > @ron#1747 said:
    > What are you doing? They will nerf it on PVE to if you won't stop!!!

It has to be nerfed!
    Speaking of pve - there is no problem in passing the content in mod16.
    Stop crying over something that is not doable in 5 min like it used to be.

Now fights are more engaging and fun then prior to mod16. And yes, I’ve been playing this game since mod2.
    > @alfalolz said:
    > > @ron#1747 said:
    > > What are you doing? They will nerf it on PVE to if you won't stop!!!
    >
    > It has to be nerfed!
    > Speaking of pve - there is no problem in passing the content in mod16.
    > Stop crying over something that is not doable in 5 min like it used to be.
    >
    > Now fights are more engaging and fun then prior to mod16. And yes, I’ve been playing this game since mod2.
    >
    >

Fight are the same...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
    edited April 2019
    dude, they can totally just disable in pvp, and leave it active in pve. But is it even useful in PVE? Have you see the act charts? What % of you total damage is this boon? 0.1% in a whole dungeon? lol. In PVP this boon is totally broken, overpowered, bugged, whatever you want to call it. It will proc on both players and then it's just like "wtf", someone dead and the other guy has 5% left, almost dead. I'd be willing to bet it loops the damage back and forth.

I like the randomness of reflect boon in pvp... now the super smash stomp players have a threat to their existence
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2019
    It procs pretty often to be called "random".

It is also over performing in PVE as well in certain situations. Yesterday I did some Maze Engine quests for the weekly, and there were lvl 80 mobs that had spawned in some spots. I couldn't put a dent in their HP, but they were hitting me for 1/4 of hp. So I switched to a loadout with reflect boon, and boom, the lvl 80 mobs were killing themselves while I was scaled to lvl 70. Even without ACT, this tells you that in some cases, this single boon can account for near 99% of your overall damage! Clearly, it needs to fix or removed entirely.

Be honest with yourself: If one boon is doing most of your damage, wouldn't it be better if they removed it, and actually balanced your class and/or fixed critter scaling? This boon can make it seem like everything is 'Ok' when actually, something is very very wrong.

• leonidrexleonidrex Member Posts: 401 Arc User

It procs pretty often to be called "random".

It is also over performing in PVE as well in certain situations. Yesterday I did some Maze Engine quests for the weekly, and there were lvl 80 mobs that had spawned in some spots. I couldn't put a dent in their HP, but they were hitting me for 1/4 of hp. So I switched to a loadout with reflect boon, and boom, the lvl 80 mobs were killing themselves while I was scaled to lvl 70. Even without ACT, this tells you that in some cases, this single boon can account for near 99% of your overall damage! Clearly, it needs to fix or removed entirely.

Be honest with yourself: If one boon is doing most of your damage, wouldn't it be better if they removed it, and actually balanced your class and/or fixed critter scaling? This boon can make it seem like everything is 'Ok' when actually, something is very very wrong.

when mod 16 hit PC, and i was reading boons I instantly realized this thing would be HAMSTER one way or another, propably in 10 different ways.
    1 It seems to be piercing, hits too ahrd to not be.
    2 Procs too often
    3 Creates reflect loop ( AGAIN FAKIN AGAIN. 1 FREAKING THING YOU COULD HAVE DONE RIGHT WITH OVERHAUL BUT NO )
    They fixed it kinda. So good job.
    They didnt fix it.. they disabled it from working in pve at all...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Pve or pvp..?
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User

after patch retaliation
    edited May 2019
    They prevented a reflect loop, and put in a 5 second icd. How that icd works idk, either it could mean that after its proc is over, there is a 5 sec cd before it can activate again, or maybe it can only reflect damage once every 5 seconds after it procs.

Either way, have you checked act to see what percent of damage it does in pve if any at all?

So I tested this claim, and it's just false. It does do damage, it works, it was about 2% of my overall damage, and to boot, it's based on premitigated damage and itself can't be mitigated (just like piercing damage).

• finalfantasyac7finalfantasyac7 Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    Just remove "PVP" from the game = all problems solved/fixed/gone :)
    Warlock- Lv80. || Rogue - Lv80. || Wizard - Lv80. || Paladin - Lv80. || Cleric - Lv80. || Ranger - Lv70. || Barbarian - Lv70. || Fighter - Lv70.

¨˜ˆ”°¹~•-.„¸ρℓαуιиg иєνєяωιитєя ѕιи¢є 2015¸„.-•~¹°”ˆ˜¨

This discussion has been closed.