test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

? is this right?

fight#5797 fight Member Posts: 80 Arc User
ihave been trying to upgrade a radiant enhncement when i look at it it says 0/15 to garentied upgrade . I have tryed 12 times and it still says 0/15. is this a tool tip error or is it just not working ?

Comments

• kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    ? Sounds like you don't have the components needed? To be sure of that, can you provide us with a screenshot of what the issue is?
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • cabar1cabar1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 124 Arc User
    > @kreatyve said:
    > ? Sounds like you don't have the components needed? To be sure of that, can you provide us with a screenshot of what the issue is?

the issue is: it has been tried 12 times so the ingredients must be present.
    NO ONE reads anything anymore!
    99 lines of code on the wall, 99 lines of code, add one line, compile it again....... 113 lines on code on the wall
    113 lines of code on the wall, 113 lines of code, rewrite one line, compile it again.......
    Wait For It
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,090 Arc User
    cabar1 said:

the issue is: it has been tried 12 times so the ingredients must be present.
    NO ONE reads anything anymore!

No unnerstand. Where is pictures?
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,207 Arc User
    I did most of my enchantment upgrade while they were in slot. Their number went up.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • nhimlandev#7043 nhimlandev Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 4 Cryptic Developer

Hello @fight#5797,
    My name is Nikolai and I am currently investigating this issue and I was wondering if I could ask you for some more information as I am having trouble reproducing it.

· I saw that you are attempting to upgrade a radiant enchantment and based on the streak breaker count (15) you mentioned I assume it is a rank 10, is this correct?

· What item is the enchantment slotted into? I have tried several types of gear and I would like to try the exact item you have your enchantment slotted into.

· What is the name of the character that is having this issue upgrading enchantments?

· What is your current setting for requiring wards under general options? Is it set to allow or not allow upgrading without wards?

I would also like to ask @pariswinters#7118 for your answers to these questions as well, as I see you are also experiencing this issue and more information is always helpful.

Thank you for your help and patience with this issue. We will have it fixed as soon as possible.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User

Hello @fight#5797,
    My name is Nikolai and I am currently investigating this issue and I was wondering if I could ask you for some more information as I am having trouble reproducing it.

· I saw that you are attempting to upgrade a radiant enchantment and based on the streak breaker count (15) you mentioned I assume it is a rank 10, is this correct?

· What item is the enchantment slotted into? I have tried several types of gear and I would like to try the exact item you have your enchantment slotted into.

· What is the name of the character that is having this issue upgrading enchantments?

· What is your current setting for requiring wards under general options? Is it set to allow or not allow upgrading without wards?

I would also like to ask @pariswinters#7118 for your answers to these questions as well, as I see you are also experiencing this issue and more information is always helpful.

Thank you for your help and patience with this issue. We will have it fixed as soon as possible.

this also happened to me when trying to upgrade an elven enchantment. i posted about it in the preview enchant thread and was ignored. I used over a hundred wards on it and then looked at it to see how many more I needed and it said zero of 150.

my setting is not set to upgrade without wards. this happened first day of the new mod on pc. my item was slotted into nothing. it was in my inventory. if I am remembering incorrectly it was slotted into fured kiono of hte bear. it is currently at rank 8 going into 9.
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    I also had this problem.

My post about if from back then, in the launch week issues thread:
    I was trying to upgrade an empowered rune from r14->r15.

Used 'Try until success' with a 67 wards pward stack. It failed. The tries until success counter on the item still displayed 0/150.

Then I tried with another pward stack at 99. That also failed, and the counter on item displayed 0/150.

Additional info as requested:
    * The rune was slotted - but I cannot tell which gear it was in. Could have been in level 70 gear. This was shortly after mod 16 launch.
    * My flag to require wards is always on
    * As you can see above, it is not just a display error, I actually went past the breaker limit without succeeding
    * Character is mentin@mentinmindmaker
  • quickfoot#7851 quickfoot Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    I had the same thing happen when I moved an enchantment through the bank to another toon which had more pres wards. I tried with 10 wards on one toon, put the enchantment in the bank, once on the other toon it said 0/15, tried 12 more times, it failed. I remember this cuz I thought "hey, I shouldn't have used 22 wards if the max is 15 b4 it's supposed to pop.", but I just shrugged it off an went on with life, so many bugs you get kinda jaded to em.

Some of the wards were bound to character, from the winterfest event.

• lardesonlardeson Member Posts: 374 Arc User

Hello @fight#5797,

this is a known issue, i have it too, dint even realise there was such a "feature" as i always upgrade my enchants slotted and nope, their success rate never went up once, hence why i never thought it was even a "feature"
    Lardeson CW not Mage. Where's my fireball and my thunderbolt?
  • nhimlandev#7043 nhimlandev Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 4 Cryptic Developer
    Hello again,

Thank you to everyone that replied, the information you have provided has been very useful in narrowing down the potential cause of the issue. That said I need a bit more information from everyone that has, or would like to, provide a character name.

@pariswinters#7118 & @mentinmindmaker after you used up your preservation wards what did you do with the enchantment? Did you acquire coalescent wards and finish upgrading the enchantment, did it ever upgrade successfully through random chances, or did you leave it un-upgraded?

To everyone, has anyone tried to upgrade and encountered this issue recently?

If anyone has a video of this issue that would also be immensely helpful in tracking down the cause.

Thank you for your continued patience.
    edited May 2019
    I had a coal lying idle, so I chickened out and spent a coal on it.

I have not been trying for r15 runes since this happened.
    I left my elven as is. didn't use anymore wards on it. did not use a coal ward. I still have it. I don't have a video of the footage because upgrading a ward.. why would I? lol. I assumed it was working and not necessary to record or screenshot. :) once I saw it wasn't working, I figured it would be better not to do anymore until some kind of fix was in place.

the toon that was affected was Tiberius rex@thefiresidecat
    edited May 2019
    Hello again everyone,

I apologize for the delay and thank you for all your help and information in tracking down this issue. I am pleased to report that the issue has been identified and in fact the fix is already live on the current build. I have verified that the issue no longer occurs with many different types of gear, enchantments, runestones, and ranks, (including the combinations everyone reported) so please feel secure in continuing to upgrade your shiny stones.

If you have been affected by this issue, please contact customer service at https://support.arcgames.com/app/support_center and ask them to return the wards you spent past the streak-breaker limit of the enchantment.

Thank you again for your patience and I am deeply sorry this issue reached you all in the first place. Please enjoy Neverwinter.

Edit: I have been in contact with customer service and need to clarify my above statement. Customer service is able to restore wards but only if you spent more than the max limit of the streak-breaker within a short period of time. I apologize for the confusion and have provided a more detailed explanation in my following post.
    Post edited by nhimlandev#7043 on
    edited May 2019

Hello again everyone,

I apologize for the delay and thank you for all your help and information in tracking down this issue. I am pleased to report that the issue has been identified and in fact the fix is already live on the current build. I have verified that the issue no longer occurs with many different types of gear, enchantments, runestones, and ranks, (including the combinations everyone reported) so please feel secure in continuing to upgrade your shiny stones.

If you have been affected by this issue, please contact customer service at https://support.arcgames.com/app/support_center and ask them to return the wards you spent past the streak-breaker limit of the enchantment.

Thank you again for your patience and I am deeply sorry this issue reached you all in the first place. Please enjoy Neverwinter.

"past the streak breaker" does that mean that in the fix it should recognize the wards you did spend now? because my elven STILL says 0/150

Hello again everyone,

"past the streak breaker" does that mean that in the fix it should recognize the wards you did spend now? because my elven STILL says 0/150
    I think this was a bug that did not update the status of spent pwards on the item, and not a display only bug. That means any pwards spent on it before the bugfix will not be registered so it should still say 0/150.
    edited May 2019
    Hello again,

First I would like to apologize for the confusion regarding my previous statement. Unfortunately due to the nature of the issue the streak-breaker information was not recorded on slotted enchantments and cannot be restored. That said, all future attempts will be recorded correctly, regardless of whether the enchantment is slotted into a piece of gear or not.

As for my statement regarding customer support, customer service is able to restore wards but only if you spent more than the max limit of the streak-breaker within a short period of time. For example, if you spent 160 wards at once trying to upgrade a T9 enchantment (150 streak-breaker max) then customer service can restore the extra 10 wards spent above the intended maximum.

I apologize for the confusion and for providing unclear information. Thank you for your patience.
    edited May 2019

Hello again,

First I would like to apologize for the confusion regarding my previous statement. Unfortunately due to the nature of the issue the streak-breaker information was not recorded on slotted enchantments and cannot be restored. That said, all future attempts will be recorded correctly, regardless of whether the enchantment is slotted into a piece of gear or not.

As for my statement regarding customer support, customer service is able to restore wards but only if you spent more than the max limit of the streak-breaker within a short period of time. For example, if you spent 160 wards at once trying to upgrade a T9 enchantment (150 streak-breaker max) then customer service can restore the extra 10 wards spent above the intended maximum.

I apologize for the confusion and for providing unclear information. Thank you for your patience.

that's not useful at all for people who were trying to upgrade weapon or armor enchant with preswards BECAUSE OF THE STREAKBREAKER. lol. it's just wasted wards. everything about this mod leaves a gnarly flavor. ty for fixing it though.