test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Set of The Watcher Is Unobtainable

Comments

• Options
    farhannaje#7907 farhannaje Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Guys anyone figure it out that when we use runes we see runes bane is blank and only see that debuff active when someone from party hits an elder rune in ME and gets message "elder rune active and energy released". But there are other traps too which when you hit gives no such message. So considering we put 1 rune then we can get 1 bane but halaster put many of them across 3 zones so only the first one counts.
  • Options
    beigeman#7856 beigeman Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    greywynd said:

Not sure if it helps.. but.. in wyllowwood at the encounter to the top right of the map there is a scrying orb that when you look thru it shows halaster on a boulder in the lake - 'pillars of madness'. Halaster also appears there during the encounters.. as he also appears at the cave mouth leading to the lake at the back of the encounter bottom right.

Scrying stones only show you what is there. If Halaster appears when you use the scrying stone, it means he is actually there at that time.
    well... here's the thing.. i used the orb during an encounter and he showed up... I also used the orb outside of an encounter and he shows up...
  • Options
    mindachemindache Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    If you use 3 runes the message shows tree times, if you use one rune the message shows once only. No more. Although you still get debuffed. The more runes you use the more elder runes appear on the map and the more banes you can get.
    <font color="FireBrick">All we ask for is satisfaction.</font>
  • Options
    dexymandexyman Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    Has anyone tried using the musicbox when the mad mage appears?
  • Options
    artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    I've spent some time systematically exploring each undermountain campaign map looking for a clue.

I've killed a number of named monsters including the undead beholder in terminus but only got a couple of journal entries.

There seems to be a gelatinous cube named "Custodian of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>" in each zone but i have yet to find the ones in wyllowood and terminus. Did anyone find and kill all five?

I've tried to find something to do with the conspicuous crystal at the bottom of the catacombs (such as using the essences in inventory near it) but to no avail.
  • Options
    bungabunga#5136 bungabunga Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    > @artifleur said:
    > I've spent some time systematically exploring each undermountain campaign map looking for a clue.
    >
    > I've killed a number of named monsters including the undead beholder in terminus but only got a couple of journal entries.
    >
    > There seems to be a gelatinous cube named "Custodian of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>" in each zone but i have yet to find the ones in wyllowood and terminus. Did anyone find and kill all five?
    >
    > I've tried to find something to do with the conspicuous crystal at the bottom of the catacombs (such as using the essences in inventory near it) but to no avail.

The Crystal was part of the quest line.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    mindache said:

If you use 3 runes the message shows tree times, if you use one rune the message shows once only. No more. Although you still get debuffed. The more runes you use the more elder runes appear on the map and the more banes you can get.

I regularly run solo with 1 rune. I've seen the message appear at least twice during several runs.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    dexymandexyman Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    each map (with the exception of Wyllowwood) has a section that can not be accessed, normally because there's a broken bridge.
  • Options
    cassisfanta#4051 cassisfanta Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Has anyone tried using Staff of Flowers ("forceful impact create a deadlier specimen") circle aura under the "Undead Beholder" and then having a party member use their Arcturia's Music Box ("music will summon dangerous creatures that can hide in plain sight") and having the mimics that are summoned by the music box hit the "Undead Beholder" standing in Staff of Flowers circle?

Guys check this out.

Staff of Flowersclass
    Recovered from the depths of Undermountain, the Staff of Flowers has the ability to create beautiful flowers with a simple touch. However a more forceful impact should create a deadlier specimen.

Arcturia's Music Box
    Finely crafted wooden box that is magically charged to play music when opened. Rumors has it that the music will summon dangerous creatures that can hide in plain sight.

• Options
    midnightitamidnightita Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    I'm the only one who noticed the very first npc in the catacombs tells you he's there because he's looking for her lost sister? he also tells you her name and if you find her or any clue, to tell him?

I spent several hours in catacombs now but I couldn't figure out or find anything yet
  • Options
    eversummer#1666 eversummer Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    Got wasted in YP to blend among the regulars, in search of some epic drunken tales which could provide Watcher clues ... later tho the emptiness of my drink felt unsettling, i had the impression it was watching me.... my new friends taught me i mastered the concoctions and face terrible foes with.. i knew then i was finally able to find and defeat the guardians..... but you never know when a rare spawn will show itself, and these rare ancient creatures Evil Twins Bonnie and Blurred Undead Durnan defeat me by taking advantage of the mini arena layout....
    WHO IN HELL PUT A HAMSTER WELL IN MIDDLE OF A TAVERN ?????
  • Options
    beigeman#7856 beigeman Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    mindache said:

has any1 completed a 3 rune mexp with all the banes (3 i guess) active on them? And if so .. was the reward any different to a 1 rune run ?
  • Options
    dontez1dontez1 Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    Has anyone Mastered the Expeditions yet? By that I mean..

Finished the quest line by restoring a piece of Ruined gear. >Done
    Showed that "Powerful Creatures" emerge with enough allies around.

Awakened any of their Essence found in the Expedition's chest.>?
    Crucial to restoring a piece of Successor gear.

Acquired any Weave-Touched Fragments for Zok>?
    Most likely acquired from said Powerful Creatures in
    Runic HEs after above steps are done..

The Runic HEs have been the keys to Expeditions all along and you need to "unlock" their potential all along.

Without them no Runes, no Resonance for restoring, and why Powerful Monsters show up with no drop?
    Till you Unlock the drops.. Weave-Touched Fragments for turn in.

I think we need to figure out how Awaken the Essence because Successor gear is linked because of its need to be restored with with resonance.

1k gear is listed as being found in Expeditions but is in 1 of Zok's boxes...

If "Powerful Creatures" are said to drop Vanity items and possibly the Watcher set..
    Then Zok has his Vanity chest and it probably holds the Watcher set...

• Options
    I noticed this much earlier but only now have I started giving it some importance. Why is it that the colours of the resonance/crystalized resonance are changed once attuned except from the empowered resonance/crystalized resonance. I think it may be part of the puzzle.

Resonance/Crystalized resonance:
    Balance: Blue
    Chaos: Yellow
    Empowered: Green
    Rage: Purple
    Sacrifice: Orange

Attuned crystalized resonance:
    Balance: Yellow
    Chaos: Orange
    Empowered: Green
    Rage: Blue
    Sacrifice: Purple

The symbols remain the same, however. One would think that the colours of these symbols would remain the same.
  • Options
    hpfireman#6695 hpfireman Member Posts: 18 Arc User

nothing there except a "civilian" noncombatant...checked the back room...dead end

https://imgur.com/a/s5Kk4YG

also a note about halaster....he spawns randomly, seen him spawn inside a wall....so i'm pretty sure he has no significance except flavor
    then why can he be reached at the locations i've been at? Also, Ive seem him on that island in Slippery Slope how TH do you get back there?
  • Options
    midnightitamidnightita Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    Guys... the hint is look what NPCs are saying/doing...

I'm pretty sure the colours of runes not being appropriate is just a visual bug, nothing to do with the puzzle

Also they didn't talk about completion of some quest line or achievements, so I really don't think completing the restoring gear quest matters
  • Options
    empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    anyone figure out how to get to the third floor in YP yet?
  • Options
    You gain access once you finish the campaign.
  • Options
    quickfoot#7851 quickfoot Member Posts: 488 Arc User

• Options
    obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    It’s also not just the NPCs in YP
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • Options
    satansdemisesatansdemise Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    Ive tried a lot. Got all the scrying orbs. been following the mad mage around. interesting vine door in wyllow wood.
  • Options
    drumon88drumon88 Member Posts: 142 Arc User

mindache said:

has any1 completed a 3 rune mexp with all the banes (3 i guess) active on them? And if so .. was the reward any different to a 1 rune run ?
    Yes, multiple times.

No.
  • Options
    satansdemisesatansdemise Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    I even tried running a mexp without attacking.
  • Options
    bungabunga#5136 bungabunga Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    > @pariswinters#7118 said:
    > Okay might not be related. But I really wanna know how to get here :(
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/549508909920944129/580627277121978375/Screenshot_327.png
    >
    >
    >
    > https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/549508909920944129/580627287637098500/Screenshot_329.png
    >
    >
    >
    > https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/549508909920944129/580627291252719635/Screenshot_328.png
    >
    >
    >
    > https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/549508909920944129/580627291625881604/Screenshot_330.png
    >
    > nothing there except a "civilian" noncombatant...checked the back room...dead end
    >
    > https://imgur.com/a/s5Kk4YG
    >
    > also a note about halaster....he spawns randomly, seen him spawn inside a wall....so i'm pretty sure he has no significance except flavor

Thank you!! The civilian worm is top lvl memes lol.
  • Options
    tjkernan#7315 tjkernan Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    Not gonna lie, other than to log in for my daily disappointment of my Alabaster Bow never dropping, this hunt is the main reason I log on these days...but I am stumped. Even taking to reading about NWNs and the DnD modules looking for clues. I swear, if they come back and say "oops, we were wrong, it has been nerfed this whole time" I am driving across the state to company and going full Godzilla =D
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    This is the conversation between Vanrak and Glyster in Vanrakdoom (I'm not sure if this is the right order though):

1. I am embarking on a dangerous quest to the black jungles. Will you join me? We are the best of friends. Glyster, are we not?
    2. Vanrak, I am your friend, listen to me. She is using the pain of your father's death to lead you down the darkest of all paths. What have we to fear from darkness, you and I? Undermountain is where we belong. It calls to us - can't you hear that?
    3. Umbraxakar, give these fools the death they deserve.
    4. Is this the legacy of Vanrak Moonstar? Is this all Shar has to offer? I have drunk my fill of darkness old friend. This is not the fate either of us deserved... in darkness we have lost our way. Nooo!

As far as I know there are 4 essences: Essence of Despair, Essence of Longing, Essence of Regret and Essence of Sorrow. Maybe we could match each essence with each of these memories. I don't know if it leads somewhere though. :D
    Post edited by mindache on