test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Heroic Encounter rewards can not be claimed

Comments

• cheerz4beerzcheerz4beerz Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    I mean at this point its obvious that the problems are caused by heroic encounters in the Elemental evil campaign. So not only do we not have a resolution for this after 25 days now but they can't even be bothered to post a warning to players to skip heroic encounters in those zones for the time being. What can they even say at this point? No apology is good enough for this. I bet it will just be silently fixed when we log in one day after some random patch.
    26 days and still not fixed.
  • deaddregerdeaddreger Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    Wish they'd hop into this thread and say something, anything... Even a, "We know, we know.. We _are_ working on it." would go a long way.
    WAI - Neverwinter fools!!!!!!
  • emese#4731 emese Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    I am about to give up on this game :( --- I can take a lot but I lost interest doing HEs and even some more of the repetitive quest that they give so little rewards. At this point they cater only to new players or those who are the very top. Those of us who played this game for a few months obviously do not count and we are not their priority. Well good luck Cryptic … hope you will get enough new players to keep up your revenue. My guess would be killing your mid core players will result in significant revenue drop. I might be wrong … it is just pity as I really found this game to be entertaining, especially before mode 16. Now it is only a source of frustration!
    edited May 2019
    27 days and still not fixed.

I realise it's a long weekend (at least in Canada) so it's unlikely that we will hear anything until Tuesday but I'm keeping this bumped.
    Post edited by cheerz4beerz on
  • ellyriellyri Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Yup--here's hoping that those of us who cannot claim from HE's will get some attention this week. The sooner the better :)
  • azerla#7618 azerla Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I was aware of this thread from the beginning of May, but at that time I hadn't started Elemental Evil campaign. I started the campaign by doing the water elemental section. Lo and behold I get the bug with the claim for Heroic Encounters. I now have 24 Claims that I cannot access because of this bug and am surprised to find, 4 weeks down the line, that it continues to be a problem.

Only one reply from a person remotely connected with the game who says, some weeks ago, that he will bring the problem to the attention of the appropriate persons at the 'daily meeting'. Yet here we are, many of us completely stuck and unable to progress on many fronts.

I took very very drastic action, baring in mind that when I press the Claim Reward button, an error: you already have all the items etc etc. is displayed across my screen and in chat. I deleted everything in my backpacks, and put my now empty secondary backpacks into my main backpack. I deleted absolutely everything in my bank, including the shared bank slots. I deleted all equipment from my character screen, including secondary and tertiary Artifact slots. I deleted my Fashion Items. I deleted all Bounty Rewards. I put all my ADs into the shared bank for them, and all my gold into the shared bank slot.

This left me with a naked character, with empty backpack, nothing in the bank slots and absolutely nothing left to delete.

I pressed the Claim Reward button, and STILL get the Error: you already have all the items etc etc etc. How can I already have the darned reward if I'm naked and have nothing in any bank or backpack slots, or any other slots you can think of ?

Am completely fed up with this bug and the indifference to fixing it shown by the devs. Luckily I have another toon who hasn't yet encountered this bug, so I'm keeping my naked character purely as a crafter, and continuing with my alternate character. However if that alternate comes up against this problem, well it's a game breaker for me and I'll follow the rest of my Guild that left the game following Mod 16 to play Final F*******y.
    Yup, Elemental Evil is evil and so are the uncaring devs. But don't worry, I'm sure there'll be some extra Black Perls thrown about in our loot for all the trouble. >;-)
  • mythdemeanourmythdemeanour Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited May 2019

Yup, Elemental Evil is evil and so are the uncaring devs. But don't worry, I'm sure there'll be some extra Black Perls thrown about in our loot for all the trouble. >;-)

The thing is that if they just turned off that campaign (or a warning at least) I would be good with it until fixed, but it seems now it is just quicksand waiting for the next player to come across it. This is not a good way to treat new customers that have progressed far enough in the game to unlock said quicksand. Yes, without proper warning it falls upon the devs to compensate players for THEIR error. However I don't think we will see even the aforementioned black pearls, BUT TBH I just want to be able to do HE's and advance the character I put time into. To me it shows very poor judgement that the dev's allowed a few patches to go past without addressing this issue.

Even if this particular bug only effects a small minority of the players it affects the leveling of new players that don't know what areas to avoid, and thus should have been addressed long before now IMO.

/rant
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Hey folks, I do not have any additional updates since my May 6 comment - the team is still investigating. We have another live issues meeting this afternoon and I'll let you know if there are any updates to the investigation status.
    Thanks for keeping us in the loop--looking forward to some good news :)
    edited May 2019

Hey folks, I do not have any additional updates since my May 6 comment - the team is still investigating. We have another live issues meeting this afternoon and I'll let you know if there are any updates to the investigation status.

Guess we'll wait to hear from you in another 2 weeks then? Never mind that we no longer have access to what is basically the cornerstone of your campaign progression and one of the only ways to earn guild influence. 2 days shy of a month bugged and not even an apology. 2 days shy of a month and no official post warning people not to do heroic events in the elemental evil campaign areas allowing even more people to get affected by this bug. Even better you could have just disabled heroic events in those zones until this is remedied.

28 days ago you asked for my patience. My patience has officially run out.
  • kuroo73kuroo73 Member Posts: 4 Arc User

Guess we'll wait to hear from you in another 2 weeks then? Never mind that we no longer have access to what is basically the cornerstone of your campaign progression and one of the only ways to earn guild influence. 2 days shy of a month bugged and not even an apology. 2 days shy of a month and no official post warning people not to do heroic events in the elemental evil campaign areas allowing even more people to get affected by this bug. Even better you could have just disabled heroic events in those zones until this is remedied.

28 days ago you asked for my patience. My patience has officially run out.
    yea l`m about to quite had enough of this slow time on looking at it and other stuff got fast fix

• tig3r#3674 tig3r Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    it is the same for me, i started the elemental evil campaign and got the claim rewards bug early into the campaign.... wtf dev team? with this bug hitting so many players the only contact we get is from another player that sits in on a meeting. ok, who is at this meeting that can address this bug? are you working on this issue and when will it be fixed?

something, anything?

in the EE campaign, maybe remove the quests that ask for 1,2,3,4,5 HE's to get done, start with that step and work from there
  • mythdemeanourmythdemeanour Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    Getting fixed on Thursday the 23rd, lets just hope they give out our retro rewards.

Post edited by mythdemeanour on
  • elsungaelsunga Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    "still investigating" e.g. ignoring....

My patience ran out too...
    They just stated on the twitch stream that the fix should be this Thursday guys :) Whew, finally.
    Excellent news
    Indeed a great news...lets hope it will work and we will be able to claim all the accumulated rewards...I hope
    I'll just be happy if I can finally farm influence for my guild again and retain guildmates. I lost hope of any returning who already left, and I highly doubt they'll make up for the month of losses, and... It wouldn't surprise me if all the people pressing ctrl+f/claim another, cause another surge in lag.
  • dennizonndennizonn Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    This bug hit me today after the Grand Hurricane heroic encounter in Spinward Rise. I have a trouble ticket in, but having read this thread I went from losing hope to getting angry. I am kicking myself for the money I have continued to dump into this game even after Mod16, after having read this bug has existed since Day 1 of Mod16 with no resolution, and no adequate response from the developers. THIS IS A GAME BREAKING BUG FOR PEOPLE, FIX IT.
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    dennizonn said:

This bug hit me today after the Grand Hurricane heroic encounter in Spinward Rise. I have a trouble ticket in, but having read this thread I went from losing hope to getting angry. I am kicking myself for the money I have continued to dump into this game even after Mod16, after having read this bug has existed since Day 1 of Mod16 with no resolution, and no adequate response from the developers. THIS IS A GAME BREAKING BUG FOR PEOPLE, FIX IT.

It IS getting fixed in this week's patch according to the Twitch Stream.
  • kuroo73kuroo73 Member Posts: 4 Arc User

They just stated on the twitch stream that the fix should be this Thursday guys :) Whew, finally.

any betting agent around taking bets for the fix

• taikaias#9396 taikaias Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    That is awesome to hear. One of my favorite alts is stuck with the bug.
    @nitocris83
    Can you please do us a favor and tell us what to expect tomorrow. I mean will this fix allow us to access all the accumulated rewards or it will just clear all the rewards and we start anew. Of course we are at the point that we are happy with either solution -- but to avoid additional frustration this would be great to know ahead of the time. So we did not get frustrated when we see no rewards if that is the case. (tough still will be a bummer)
    > @emese#4731 said:
    > @nitocris83
    > Can you please do us a favor and tell us what to expect tomorrow. I mean will this fix allow us to access all the accumulated rewards or it will just clear all the rewards and we start anew. Of course we are at the point that we are happy with either solution -- but to avoid additional frustration this would be great to know ahead of the time. So we did not get frustrated when we see no rewards if that is the case. (tough still will be a bummer)

What about rewards that have a cap (ie: influence). Will anything over cap be wasted? Will we not be able to continue receiving rewards until the cap resets?

I have weeks worth of influence gain trapped there.

In any case Im preparing myself just for a rewards reset. It seems like it would be the easiest solution.
  • reisnowreisnow Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    @nitocris83
    I didn't have this, before today, and I'm not here to complain. I want to help.
    Here is what I encountered:
    I was working on quests in the Water Elemental area (Drowned Shore), when I saw two people in trouble with two heroic encounters. I stepped in and helped, I was able to claim a reward the first time. However, I couldn't claim the reward, after the battle was over the second time. I've tried to log out and log back in, exiting the game completely and logging back in, and repeatedly pressing the button. The message I receive is that I already have what is in that package. I realize this information isn't very new from what you already know.

However, there is one other area that I have learned from a friend that had it come up on his screen too. He had the Heroic Encounter Claim Button Bug happen to him on a Barovia Heroic Encounter. His entire group did. It seems to have happened on a small heroic encounter, just like the one I ran in Drowned Shore. Maybe, there's some connection with the type of Heroic Encounter in both places. Or maybe it's just something that is associated with smaller Heroic Encounters period. We're not sure at all.

I also know that there's a patch coming that should fix this Tomorrow, but in case this doesn't solve the entire issue. Please read my post. The information might help you find the coding problem faster. I realize that there will always be bugs, updates don't always run smoothly, and there is a lot to fix. For those that aren't saying it, Thank you for doing what you have to try to fix the problems that occurred, after the update. I want you to have the information we have on what has been going on.
  • korpivaelluskorpivaellus Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    No fix in coming patch....or did i just miss it??