test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Return after a long time away

darqonus11darqonus11 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
i have a lvl 40 cleric but everything has changed so much so i'm looking either to start fresh (suggestions on race and class) or finding people to put up with me

Comments

• dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    Honestly, either would work at this point. The game is very different and folks are still figuring out new builds.

The general rule is that the game has gotten less gear dependent and more skill dependent. But It's still important to get certain expensive parts right (bondings / companions). DPS builds will always be more gear-competitive than Heal / Tank because of social pressure / expectation. Depending on how much you've already invested in your DC, it may make sense to keep or start fresh with whatever class strikes your fancy most.

DC is viable and DPS and healer in mod 16, and features some of the more complex rotation mechanics. I don't think any class stands out as amazingly better or worse than the others so far, so it's about asking yourself if you like heal / tank role, and whether you want to eventually aim for gearing for a dps role.