test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Watcher set runic crystal combinations.

Comments

• eoleeeolee Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    lader said:

eolee said:

Well i have 6 so far that dropped from chest inside, and not from 3 runes personally. And they need to be awakened to be useable. No clue how to awaken them

Thx. I've done MEs since the lauch, but never find one -.-'

Since essences are used to restore Halabaster gear from LoMM they only start dropping when u complete the dungeon apparently, one of my toons never ran it and is the only one that never got a single essence, dunno if u completed LoMM
  • navras#4653 navras Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    > @adinosii said:
    > I was looking through old developer blogs. Two seem relevant:
    >
    > One of the best artifact weapon sets in Undermountain can be acquired in Expeditions, provided you can find and defeat its guardians. from the Undermountain Expeditions blog
    >
    > Also, in a different blog, we have...
    >
    > With so many new adventurers showing up in Undermountain upsetting the wildlife, some of the more dangerous creatures are going to come out to play. And if you are willing to lure out and defeat these rare monsters, you are sure to get their rare treasures! These summoned rare monsters drop hard-to-find armor pieces, vanity pets, and one of the best weapons sets you can find in Undermountain, the Watcher set!

“Lure Out”??? We do not lure out something through the ME. And we do not drop vanities and hard to find(i assume ilv1000 ones) gears in ME’s. Clearly, we are doing something wrong.
    There has been a continuous series of quests we had to do to change drops in UM.
    When under lvl 80, Runic corruption only drop black pearls/blue HAMSTER
    When lvl 80 and with 1st quest of Sinye, RC drop resonance and the above
    When lvl80 and with 2nd quest of Sinye, RC drop Apprentice and the above
    When lvl80 with LoMM completed, MExpeditions drop essences.

Seems drops are triggered by actions, dunno?
  • d3drkshadowd3drkshadow Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    I have never completed LOMM and have gotten 2 of the essences so far on 3 rune runs. I did go in it once alone and run around just to see what the area looks like but that was it and at 20k not quite ready for it yet.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    essence drops have nothing to do with having completed LoMM...it looks more like they were just turned on at some point.

Now, perha ps completing the armor restoration quest chain will have an effect on something.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,489 Arc User
    It makes sense the essences were turned on when LoMM was launched :)

So it will make sense that the watcher set will be turned on when next mod(s) launches with new weapons set xD
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,489 Arc User
    eolee said:

So it will make sense that the watcher set will be turned on when next mod(s) launches with new weapons set xD
    As far as I can understand, the essences are for upgrading Deep armor and are not related to the Watcher. There were no use for the essences before LoMM launched.

eolee said:

As far as I can understand, the essences are for upgrading Deep armor and are not related to the Watcher. There were no use for the essences before LoMM launched.

Well its more that they were not dropping, were they? Because me and some guildies were running 3 MExp a day on many toons (nothing else to do) which is like total of hundreds of them daily and we didnt get a single essence prior to LoMM launch. And now i have like 10 of those and i still dont know how to awaken them to use them in restoration of LoMM gear

• rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User

With only 125 possible combinations and thousands of ME runs being done daily for the past 24-25 days, it is highly probably, indeed most likely, that every combination of runes has been exhausted.

Considering the following...

1) Mountaineer set isn't actually in the tradebar store.

2) We recently started getting "Essence" from ME's when LoMM was released, as far as I am aware, no one actually knows how to "Awaken" these essences to restore the Successor gear. So restored Successor gear is currently gated, info/time gated, who knows.

3) I have not heard of anyone getting the currency to buy vanity pet chests from Zok.

4) When they redid professions, for certain Masterwork weapons, a bug made it impossible to craft +1 variants, most likely the code for the +1 version pointed to the regular version. This wasn't fixed until a couple months before M16 hit preview. (I was the one who found the bug, and yes, I made my case with elementary probability and statistics I took in high school).

5) If 5,000 toons run 3 ME's per day, for the last 24 days, that's eyes on ME instances 360,000 times, many of these times people scoured every square inch of the maps. This isn't even considering time on Preview. I'd guess about 1,000 people farm some resonance every day, at least. Out of all these interactions with the content, I find it hard to believe no has got even one piece of the Watcher set yet, most likely there would be at least one screenshot.

... I would bet money on the method for obtaining the Watcher set hasn't been released yet, or is actually bugged and the developers are not aware that it is bugged (or are at least not disclosing that it is). I would be very surprised if it was truly an Easter Egg Puzzle in a ME map that we simply have not found yet, it would have to be something so totally ridiculous that it may actually be possible that it never gets solved, like the party members have to be standing on 5 specific spots that are not highlighted in any way, to get the event to trigger, some HAMSTER like that.

As time goes on and still no one gets the Watcher set, it becomes even more likely that the method for obtaining them is in fact bugged, or not even available yet.

Agreed 100% here

And again i was part of a BF4 estear egg hunt team(see youtube to see how crazy that was) but was always a start point for teh players and we never ended loking at something thinking:
    Is this a clue or a Bug ?

so i belive that even if there's clues around we will just pass by saying "look another bug"...
    I do believe is not released yet or is gated by:
    1-)Bug
    or
    2-)Developer will
    or
    3-)Time/kill count on Beholders deaths or M.E. completions on the server or something like that...
    or a mix of them...
    rafaelda said:

Is this a clue or a Bug ?

Yup, thats the saddest part of this story here.
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    I just broke my arm a couple of days ago, so you guys will have to find it without me. 😃😣.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • daniel85#4650 daniel85 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    after todays stream with the devs ive listened to every npc in yawning portal and i figured out your gonna need durans sword called grimvault and were gonna have to finsh sinye questline in order to get watcherset because she says that halistar has put runes in master experditions but with sinyes help we can use thoose runes to our advantage so maybe we can use them to sumon monster somehow
  • quickfoot#7851 quickfoot Member Posts: 488 Arc User

after todays stream with the devs ive listened to every npc in yawning portal and i figured out your gonna need durans sword called grimvault and were gonna have to finsh sinye questline in order to get watcherset because she says that halistar has put runes in master experditions but with sinyes help we can use thoose runes to our advantage so maybe we can use them to sumon monster somehow

First of all, how do we get the sword? Secondly, I'm pretty sure using the runes to our advantage is part of the new artifact equipment sets, like the Wyvern set and it's "Rune of Aggression" or something like that.

The sword is the one that came to help us with that Green Dragon i forgot its name i believe. Valdamar?

As for Sinye questline, many of us finished it and quite frankly im getting nothing special on my wizard. Unless we are considering that 7 mainhands and 0 OH for alabaster set is something special.
    That's a different sword, Durnan's sword is named Grimvault.

• obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    > @daniel85#4650 said:
    > after todays stream with the devs ive listened to every npc in yawning portal and i figured out your gonna need durans sword called grimvault and were gonna have to finsh sinye questline in order to get watcherset because she says that halistar has put runes in master experditions but with sinyes help we can use thoose runes to our advantage so maybe we can use them to sumon monster somehow

What made you think you need the sword?
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • tjkernan#7315 tjkernan Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    I kinda think he is onto something. It says the barmaid is more than she appears, that she does make a deal about the sword but also says there are other weapons even more dangerous there in The Yawning Portal, but haven't been able to find anything...

And whats the name of the sword we put in Valdamar's head then?
  • vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    eolee said:

And whats the name of the sword we put in Valdamar's head then?
    Tearulai
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    jonkoca said:

Egg is also a three letter word lol. No idea how to translate that into runes though.

Tbh. The ammount of MEs being done everyday, in every combination of rune, party size etc.you'd think someone would have stumbled onto it by sheer dumb luck.

We must be missing something.

Empowered + gold reward rune+gold reward rune ?
  • rifter1969rifter1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 516 Arc User
    Guys, I dont know if this is a red herring...

But I found the competing adventuring party in the Yawning Portal.
    You know the ones you go against in Cragmire Crypts and Malabog's Castle.

They are gathered around a table, on the 1st floor at the opposite end from the bar.

I didn't watch them for very long, but for me they didnt say anything.

I kinda think he is onto something. It says the barmaid is more than she appears, that she does make a deal about the sword but also says there are other weapons even more dangerous there in The Yawning Portal, but haven't been able to find anything...

If you talk to the barmaid you'll get a lore entry in your journal, if you read that you'll discover that Durnan also has a crossbow that shoots 2 bolts, but at a shorter range. That's probably the other weapon she is talking about.

• beigeman#7856 beigeman Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    the entry for vanrakdoom is interesting to :

'motes of despair choking one's vision'
    and
    'under a great guardian's watch. a powerful object awaits those bold enough to claim it.'

i thought it might be the dragons and ghost figure but they don't appear for me since i completed the campaign
  • beigeman#7856 beigeman Member Posts: 49 Arc User

the entry for vanrakdoom is interesting to :

'motes of despair choking one's vision'
    and
    'under a great guardian's watch. a powerful object awaits those bold enough to claim it.'

i thought it might be the dragons and ghost figure but they don't appear for me since i completed the campaign

in the lore section the "powerful object" is stated as the lair of the mad mage
    no... the sentence ends with a fullstop after 'claim it' and is then followed by the words 'lair of the mad mage'.
    1. how can a dungeon be an object... objective maybe.
    2. if it is meant to be the lomm then a semicolon should have been used (i believe) or even a comma.

the grammar in this lore section is puzzling.

• mystacal#8397 mystacal Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    in ME I have heard who dare challenges me but did nit have an essence to use at the time. I have only heard it once
  • ewecaniaewecania Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    @mystacal#8397 was it within the shadowfell?
    Luvia is Best Girl
    tumblr_prax0mUctH1w0vpwco1_250.png
    zaShunina [Warden] | Cadmus Imoogi [Justicar] | Shyvar Imoogi [Whisperknife] | Caelven Zepphyr [Assassin]
  • mystacal#8397 mystacal Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    ewecania said:

@mystacal#8397 was it within the shadowfell?

yes it was on a 1 rune run