test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bug list

emese#4731 emese Member Posts: 72 Arc User
As we are used as beta testers and there is just way to may overlapping bug reports I would like to compile a list of bugs that we as player encountered in the game ever since the mod16 went live. This is not about wrong or right as there are plenty threads addressing how much the game is broken and how much the scaling sucks. This is just a list of items that needs to be fixed. I am not even going to talk about the lag and small glitches. I am sure there is much more and so please just add to the list. I categorized them as

MAJOR – need immediate, ASAP fix
MINOR – can wait but eventually needs to be fixed
AMBIGOUS – might be a really intended mechanics.
-----------------------
To start here is my LIST:

1. MAJOR: Heroic awards can not be claimed
Plenty of discussion and bug report on that but in short, the Elemental Evil (EE) campaign HE cause a permanent block on claiming any HE reward – pretty much permanently.

2. MAJOR: Fishing doesn’t work in any zone – like in Soshenstar river or in Sea of Moving Ice

3. MAJOR/ MINOR: there are increasing numbers of “ghost” companion popping up in every zone. These are disconnected companions that are just lingering on the maps. The most obvious place for them it is the graveyard – the dragon’s area. Yesterday it counted over 20 “orphaned ghost companions” there. But there is also a lion at the entrance path in Soshenstar River, and orphaned owlbear cub at the south side of the PvP bridge in Icewind Pass... .and so on and so on.... And on top of that numerous green sentinels and undead are dragged there from Undermountain into every zone.

4. MAJOR/MINOR: Stronghold mob scaling out of balance. Their stats are over and above that a general level 80 can beat comfortably. It takes like 15-20 min to clear/kill a group of 4 with my level 80 character (IL 17K).

5. MINOR: some packs from EE can not be claimed and they have the same error message as HE rewards. Something like “you already have this reward.

6. MINOR: Drizz and his companions are spanning way outside the “Demonic Escape HE” circles — this in Well of Dragon, Dread Ring and Stronghold. Might be all other zones I just did not played enough on Icewindale to notice it yet.

7. MINOR: Some mounted units do not have their mounts. Especially the Fire elemental cultists. They still act as mounted units though, but no mount is visible. I also encountered a “bearless” bear rider in see of moving ice.

8. MINOR /AMBIGOUS: In the Icewind Pass daily quest “While they are young” the Remorhaz are tricky to kill even with several player trying it. It seems they are on a timer and if all 3 are not killed instantly it does not register as finished.

9. AMBIGOUS: In some zones the rift portals now are humanoids rather than a blue circle, especially in Dread ring.

(I understand not all are priority but please make 1 and 2 as such!)

Comments

• zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    ADD:

10. (MAJOR) Tenebrous enchantments do not display NUMBERS before their percents in the descriptions. They no long proc, ever.

11. (MINOR) Posting items on the auction house sometimes requires multiple attempts. This bug was fixed a few updates ago & appears to be back again.
  • emese#4731 emese Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    12. MAJOR/MINOR -- after today's patch Soshenar River is semibroken. Most enemies do not attack as they used to before the patch. Especially in the dungeons during the relic quests one can pick up all the relics without a single fight. I also hunted Heddeck -- and the scorpion got stacked and stopped attacking so i could just beat on it without taking any damage. But other players came and when they attacked it started to act as it should. After defeating it all the map get glitched for me and so my inventory. Could not summon travelling post and at the gate I could on travel to the Port. Could not even exit the game.
  • marvyn#9793 marvyn Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    Just found this posting as I was about to report a series of Stronghold map bugs:

Minor heroic encounters: Stronghold Map

13. MINOR: Lake Supply Woes / Dock Supply Woes: Mobs have 10-12 times more health than the mobs for Spiders/Beast Attack/Drake Attack/Devil attack. This can't be right. They are both minor heroics with the same rewards.

Lots and lots of elite mobs are on the map where there used to be normal mobs. As an example, the mobs near the chests that you pick up along the lake: a group of 5 mobs took ten times longer than the named kill 'Moven the Slothful.' They were dispatched without a death, but I can't imagine the intention is a group of 5 regular monsters should take 4 minutes to dispatch.

• doug#6708 doug Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    MAJOR: Attack at Dusk is unplayable because the enemies scale incorrectly and are impervious to damage. There's no whittling them down over time they just literally don't take damage. This prevents me from running a whole campaign. https://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Chapter_1:_Attack_at_Dusk
  • mysty#4057 mysty Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    Major: Token of Heroes is not being awarded after 10 skirmishes in the CTA. This bug came out with the first round of the CTA and they were able to correct it. It is back now. I have not received the ToH after 10+ runs and I have seen other people making the same comments in general chat.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Issues are being investigated. Thread will be shared with team to make sure there isn't anything on this list we haven't ticketed internally. Thanks!
  • pinaddarrpinaddarr Member Posts: 6 Arc User

Just found this posting as I was about to report a series of Stronghold map bugs:

Minor heroic encounters: Stronghold Map

13. MINOR: Lake Supply Woes / Dock Supply Woes: Mobs have 10-12 times more health than the mobs for Spiders/Beast Attack/Drake Attack/Devil attack. This can't be right. They are both minor heroics with the same rewards.

Lots and lots of elite mobs are on the map where there used to be normal mobs. As an example, the mobs near the chests that you pick up along the lake: a group of 5 mobs took ten times longer than the named kill 'Moven the Slothful.' They were dispatched without a death, but I can't imagine the intention is a group of 5 regular monsters should take 4 minutes to dispatch.

It looks like it's all the undead mobs in Stronghold that are set to elite or raid status. All other mobs I've encountered seem to be normal. Boss mobs are tougher now for the quests but I think that's working as intended. Pity, I liked turning them into pixels in short order.
  • pinaddarrpinaddarr Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Major: Second Boss encounter for TONG epic dungeon is broken. Have tried numerous times in different groups and after several tries haven't gotten below 30%. There are now numerous hand-grabs which kill pretty quick if not attacked and roaming golems that also have to be dealt with. All this on top of more resilient boss (platform?) and not being able to see anything when the flames are shooting everywhere.

Minor: Spawns in Merchant Prince Folly are way more numerous and much more difficult to kill than before. Have managed to win this a few times but never better than silver with a good solid group.

In general, why the need to make everything so challenging. We play to relax, enjoy and have some fun. There was no need to modify any of the old content. As is, there is very little incentive to do any of the old stuff. The amount of time needed to do RIQ and RAQ to get reduced rewards just doesn't make sense. We've already lost several guild members who have said they were done and there a fewer and fewer playing all the time.
  • bobdredds#9435 bobdredds Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Loving the new mod and pleased to see many of the early issues fixed. Combat is more fun under the new system. I have one issue I would like to see fixed . The change appearance isn't working on many of the undermountain equipment and I want to keep my image intact. Please fix this. I have posted this in a couple of places and I'm not sure if it posted successfully. Is there some place I can see my posts in the forum?
  • lardesonlardeson Member Posts: 374 Arc User
    pinaddarr said:

Major: Second Boss encounter for TONG epic dungeon is broken. Have tried numerous times in different groups and after several tries haven't gotten below 30%. There are now numerous hand-grabs which kill pretty quick if not attacked and roaming golems that also have to be dealt with. All this on top of more resilient boss (platform?) and not being able to see anything when the flames are shooting everywhere.

Minor: Spawns in Merchant Prince Folly are way more numerous and much more difficult to kill than before. Have managed to win this a few times but never better than silver with a good solid group.

In general, why the need to make everything so challenging. We play to relax, enjoy and have some fun. There was no need to modify any of the old content. As is, there is very little incentive to do any of the old stuff. The amount of time needed to do RIQ and RAQ to get reduced rewards just doesn't make sense. We've already lost several guild members who have said they were done and there a fewer and fewer playing all the time.

the issue with that boss is that the mechanics are done too quickly, its not complied with mod16 balancing, it takes more time to kill dwarves so they shouldn't spawn so quickly, the hand can bug out and just stun you forever even when its been killed, and the worst part being that it'll still damage you.

On the other hand i haven't had any issues with this boss, im a ranger, i just stay up and kill dwarves, while assisting on the boss and if im grabbed i call for help in chat. But i can see if being impossible for some groups, especially non end game groups. i think they forgot its a level 70 dungeon and lvl 70s should be able to do it without spending hours in there.
    Lardeson CW not Mage. Where's my fireball and my thunderbolt?
  • devilxjkdevilxjk Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    AMBIGOUS, I cant release a companion from my list, E.S. i have a green companion and after a day i loot the blu companon i cant use it cause i already have the green version of it, and i cant release the green rarity, is it work as intended?
  • w00trandomsnoobiw00trandomsnoobi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 387 Arc User
    pinaddarr said:

Also when getting the gate that does not lead past the TRex, one mob always seems to get stuck in a building, which has cost me the gold result multiple times.

Minor but annoying: My "knight defense" (insignia mount bonus) damages me 2x every minute just so I can be healed after it :).

Major/minor: In the last fight in the undermountain story line (with the shadow dragon) the moonlight was not working -- only appeared 1x and than nothing for like 10-15 min. I had to die to restart the mechanics and finish the story line/ dungeon. After that it worked as t should have the 1st time.

Minor: Bryn Shandar, Wolf Clearing – the southwest lure/hunt is bugged and can not be finished if either the nearby HEs is triggered or the ghost guard appears trying to get into a home. Jumping to another instance however allows to put the lure down and finish the quest.

Minor but annoying: In HEs -- sometimes the bosses walk away from the summoning area of the HEs, and sometimes they get fully healed if not hit for a few sec. The most bizarre was the Red dragon after we get it health down below 50%. It decided to walk away towards the entrance of WoD and even when we followed at one point it disappeared. Then all of the sudden it appeared back in its circle and was fully healed.

Minor/Ambigous – might be even intended but really annoying: Valindra tower is awfully hard to finish. I spend now more the 1 hr 3x in a row in it and it is just ghastly (was from RIQ). Only 2x was finished and only by skill of an archer. The problem is not exactly in the groups as every time we had the 3DPS, tank ad healer make – and even we get people replaced. We could survive the onslaught of the summoned minions but the breaking point every time is the 2nd wave of area effect. It usually kills at least 2 if not 4 players. Last time I stayed there with another player and my soulforged enchantment resurrected me just to see that I was the last standing player and because of that Valindra fully healed during that millisecond of my resurrection. Anyway I would not have chance to kill it as I am a paladin (18IL) and my movement is slow. Now do not get be me wrong – the challenge is great. And I know you are planning to change the strength of the critters and increase enchantment, BUT it is not the problem there. The mechanics of the area effect are. If we loose 2-3 players in the 2nd area attack no amount of changing powers will make it easier. Simple solution would be to let players back to fight as in some other dungeons.
  • syrenuisyrenui Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 18 Arc User

Major/minor: In the last fight in the undermountain story line (with the shadow dragon) the moonlight was not working -- only appeared 1x and than nothing for like 10-15 min. I had to die to restart the mechanics and finish the story line/ dungeon. After that it worked as t should have the 1st time.

Happened to me as well today.
    Light appeared one time only, Celeste was not talking after that and I had to defeat the dragon with damages ranging from ~10 to ~300 max plus ~3000 with every activation of the amulet. (Unfortunately I did not know, that dying would have "fixed" the problem.) :'(
    So it took about an hour, a lot of nerves and healing resources (~35 full heals from a green health stone, ~30 "big" potions and ~15 smaller ones).