test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Once again - CTA tokens not issued

powerpuff#6508 powerpuff Member Posts: 212 Arc User
Yesterday had no problems (at least that I'm aware of). Today using 2 characters, ran 10 runs of CTA and no token. Decided a bit later to run a few more on one character just to see if token might show up in 11th or 12th row. No luck. Double-checked with event vendor to make sure it wasn't a GUI problem like last time - and unfortunately the vendor agrees with my lack of tokens.

Comments

• powerpuff#6508 powerpuff Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    And again today - 1 character, 10 runs, 30 minutes, no token.
  • deaddregerdeaddreger Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    I ran it yesterday with no token given. I was going to run it this morning before the event ended, but I figured why bother. So much for getting the most out of this event :(
    WAI - Neverwinter fools!!!!!!
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    I had 3 tokens left over from last time, so I just needed 3 more to get the mount, which I did - but I was planning to get 2 more to get a head start on the next CTA, but no...

no token yesterday, and none this morning. It kind-of sucks.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • rybsyngoniumrybsyngonium Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    Event description disappeared from HUD so I can not confirm that now.
    But I am almost sure that according to the description each character is allowed to get 3 (only) tokens per event.
    Can it be a reason you all did not get more tokens as you expected?

edit:
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11069633-call-to-arms-season-event

The same (or almost the same) description was in game (bolding is mine):

During the different Call to Arms events, players can earn the existing Medallions of Battle and the new Tokens of Heroes currency. Medallions of Battles are obtained from fighting in a Call to Arms and can drop from foes and appear in treasure chests at the end of the battle. Tokens of Heroes can be acquired once per day during a CTA event as long as you participate in enough skirmishes. Only 3 Tokens can be earned per CTA event. Both these currencies can be spent in the CTA stores. Medallions can be used in any of the CTA stores so you can save them for a next time. Tokens are used in the Season store which requires participation in multiple Call to Arms events.
    Post edited by rybsyngonium on
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    For those who did not get additional tokens, had you already received 3 during this run of the event?
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User

Only 3 Tokens can be earned per CTA event.

Ah...that would explain it. OK, "working as intended" in my case (3 tokens the last time, 3 tokens now)

Hoping for improvements...
  • deaddregerdeaddreger Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    Yup, working as intended... I started after the fix and got token for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday... Silly me for thinking 1 per day also meant Sunday and/or Monday morning before the event end.. What ever was I thinking? So, with all other events of this nature can we assume a 1 per day reward means a max of 3? Not that this event was some huge grind and time sink, but I just love (not) the level of disappointments in this game in so many ways because we're not psychic to the mystical WAI going on. Nothing like feeling you've been slapped in the face only to ask why and receive another slap.

This also explains the other rewards in this event. I had gotten 3 of the blue horns which weren't stacking in my inventory early on in the event, I then ran into a "Inventory Full" situation and needed to make some room real quick... without thinking I quickly ditched all my horns thinking they were a common drop and I'd be able to get more in the event anyway. Silly me, I never got anymore as I must've reached that mystical 3 reward max that I _should_ have known about.

This game is quickly becoming more like work, disappointment, and real life, where you think your helping and/or making a difference but your actually just being an idiot and should simply move on to other aspects of life that are more enjoyable. Like games where they don't talk down to you because you should be psychic and know better.

Neverwinter fools!!!
    WAI - Neverwinter fools!!!!!!
  • powerpuff#6508 powerpuff Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    no. One char received one the first day, nothing the following 2 days. But I did get a bunch of trash cruel enchants to make up for it.