test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Consolidated List of Fighter Bugs (5/14/2019)

rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
edited May 2019 in Bug Reports (PC)
Note: all of these were tested with 17 STR (1.0425 buff from STR) and a 100 fixed damage weapon.

-The "Seethe giving less Vengeance" thing has been long reported, but putting it here for consolidation.

-(Edit) Heavy Slash seems to have hitbox issues. It fails to hit enemies such as the Mimics in LotMM, Ambush Drakes, or some tiny spiders. See posts below on which enemies this issue occurs on. Reave has a similar issue to a lesser extent.

-Heavy Slash base damage is 80 magnitude rather than stated 100.

(83.4/1.0425 =80).

-Heavier Slash still gives two procs, one for 280 magnitude damage and a follow up for 80.

-Landwaster gives ITF the effect of setting your Vengeance to 50%.

-Landwaster only works if you have Bloody Reprise.

-Momentum seems to affect mount speed, unsure if placebo effect or not.

-Momentum only grants its "+200 magnitude/no knockdown" Bull Charge bonus if you have the Momentum run speed bonus (ie, run around in circles for a bit if you want the bonus).

-Prepared Slam only works on Shield Slam.

-Shockwave has a base damage of 1100 magnitude rather than its stated effect.

-Commander's Strike doesn't benefit from the damage bonus of STR.
-Commander's Strike also gives a 10% debuff rather than a 5% debuff.

-Shield Thrower reduces the base damage of Shield Throw to something like 135 magnitude rather than the stated 250.

-Cleaving Bull can proc off of Enforced Threat, but Cleaving Bull off of ET strangely does 0 damage.

-Rising Tide also procs off of ET, but strangely does 0 damage as well.

-(Edit): Vanguard Dig In has a bug that makes you permanently have block up even when doing other actions like using powers, makes using retaliate impossible. Swapping to Dreadnaught while this bug is active makes Dreadnaught use Retaliate automatically without blocking.

If people find more, or new ones pop up, I suppose you can post it again on this thread.

Post edited by rjc9000 on
Tagged:

Comments

• halo0816halo0816 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    Maybe the heavy slash hitbox bug ? (i hope its a bug) Its annoying that you cant even hit the mimics in Lomm with heavy slash..
  • anusamoralis#5249 anusamoralis Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Well done hikikomori, can u test and make ranger bug list?
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    halo0816 said:

Maybe the heavy slash hitbox bug ? (i hope its a bug) Its annoying that you cant even hit the mimics in Lomm with heavy slash..

Oh yeah, forgot about that. During Expeditions, I noticed it also has issues with Ambush Drakes and small spiders.
    Will edit and add to the list.

Well done hikikomori, can u test and make ranger bug list?

I don't spend all my time indoors playing NW... I do occasionally go play the Outside MMO :P

Maybe on checking Ranger, will likely need to wait until I get my Ranger to level 80.

• cilginordekcilginordek Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    Vanguard Dig In bug that makes you permanently have block up even when doing other actions like using powers, makes using retaliate impossible.
    Swapping to Dreadnaught while this bug is active makes Dreadnaught use Retaliate automatically without blocking.
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    Well done RJ! Thanks for consolidating/reporting. I hope these get addressed sooner rather than later.
    I aim to misbehave
  • halo0816halo0816 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    rjc9000 said:

halo0816 said:

Oh yeah, forgot about that. During Expeditions, I noticed it also has issues with Ambush Drakes and small spiders.
    Will edit and add to the list.
    thats not the only problem. i assume the fighter hitbox is the problem... some odd things like that ^^

Sometimes Reave doesnt hit the small spiders too. if you use something that makes you bigger or standing on a staircase, you miss some mobs that you could hit befor.

sorry for my bad english, i hope you get what i mean :)
  • crizpynutzcrizpynutz Member Posts: 349 Arc User
    Great write up RCJ - the Heavy Slash one is a huge issue for Fighters but so are the others you mentioned to varying degrees. We also heard from Nitcrosis (I forget which thread) that the Vengeance "nerf" is actually a "bug" and should be fixed.
  • tyfud#3254 tyfud Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    I'll echo.

Heavy Slash issue is a big one.

Things that I've noticed it doesn't work on:
    @asterdahl

Mimics (all)
    Hunter Drakes (works on other drakes)
    Spiderlings
    Tiny dwarves
    Things even slightly below you on a sloped map.

It definitely seems like a hitbox bug. If those creatures are on a slightly raised slope from me, I'm able to hit them with heavy slash, but if we're on even terrain, I will miss 100% of the time.

Larger hitbox versions of all of those (big mimics, wyverns/larger drake models, bigger spiders, bigger...dwarves?) all don't have issues being hit by Heavy Slash.

This becomes a huge issue in the First LoMM fight with Arcturia where we can't bring one of our most powerful at-will abilities to bear on the Mimic Phase. I've basically had to create a completely separate loadout just for that fight to get around the hitbox issue so I slot only skills and feats that can legitimately hit mimics.

Additionally:

The Vengeance "Nerf" that happened is a bug. This is #2 behind Heavy Slash IMO. Building Vengeance with Seethe takes a full bar of stamina and you get about 30-40% Vengeance from it. Even with the Fast Seethe class feature, it's still barely 50% vengeance converted. It's a big issue during instances if you're trying to prepare for fights. You end up being at near 0% stamina just to have some vengeance for a boss.
  • mcfobmcfob Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    It appears that Bloody Reprise isn't working at all, at least for me, encounters do NOT set my vengance gauge to 75
  • tyfud#3254 tyfud Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    mcfob said:

It appears that Bloody Reprise isn't working at all, at least for me, encounters do NOT set my vengance gauge to 75

It works. Verified as recently as last night. You just have a very short amount of time to use it. IMO, extending this to 4 seconds would be a godsend. We only have a 2 second window to react, and sometimes, this isn't possible (We just got CCed, the target moved slightly and we need to re-position, etc.). If I know I've missed the window, I'll "seethe" slightly to get just over 50%, and let Bloody Reprise fire again and immediately hit my encounter power.

Other than the incredibly short window to use it, this feat is working as stated.
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    @asterdahl

In regards to the ITF with Landwaster bug:

I actually found ITF to be a pretty useful portion of my kit with this bug, as I found use for it in AoE situations where I'm teaming with classes with good AoE damage (ie, I have 0 time to get hit to build Vengeance and need something to build Vengeance quickly and get my hits in before the enemies are all dead). I also found use for it in boss fights where I don't need Commander's Strike and don't need any extra damage of another encounter power.

I'd actually suggest moving the "ITF fills your Vengeance to 50%"" thing as part of a class feature, combining with Bloody Reprise or Rolling Hatred, or placing as an integral part of ITF (possibly adjust the stamina part to restore 50% of Stamina and 50% of Vengenace rather than 100% of Stamina?)

• tankinggtankingg Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1 Arc User
    Heavy Slash Very nice but corrupt as skill. He needs to be fixed. It is frustrating to say that although 100 Magnitude, it is very weak and cannot hit the creatures near the ground. Need to be urgently fixed
  • kacezetkacezet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 199 Arc User
    Determination daily doesn't protect from any CC
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    I'll add this thread to the weekly report. Thanks!
  • wilbur626wilbur626 Member Posts: 1,019 Arc User
    @nitocris83 , can you plz acknowledge the fact that Tenebrous enchants are 100% broken in current live build ? My former awesome Vanguard looks stupid with flashy R15s that contribute zero to overall performance
    Elite Whaleboy
  • mcfobmcfob Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    If Bloody Reprise is that short of a window, that is terrible design and not worth taking! Plus, Vengence is a royal pain in the HAMSTER for Dreadnaught, I certainly hate having to stop and charge it up before fights whilst all the other guys are charging in there and mixing it up. Also, please add a damage buff to ITF so a)we can try to keep up with the other dps guys, and b)so it is worth taking. JMHO.
  • cilginordekcilginordek Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    3/15 bugs fixed after a month. At this rate we will have a polished experience at the end of the year.