test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Waning Darkness

fatarantolafatarantola Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2 Arc User
Hi, I'm an Italian girl, so I apologize if I can't write very well.
  After the last patch the companion item originally given when Keresta was moved to the Waning Darkeness quest

"The rewards originally given when Keresta is defeated in the Waning Darkness instance moved to the quest, Waning Darkness."

my problem is that I have already finished the campaign but have not received the keresta rewards because I was in a group with a friend, and now I can't even repeat the mission to recover the lost item ... How can I solve this problem?

Comments

• Options
    rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    I'm on the same boat as you...
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    It seems there is no solution to this. In my opinion, they should have given the gear to every character who has completed the quest chain but does not have it. That would be the fair and reasonable thing to do.

What will probably is...well, nothing, except telling you that there will be new companion gear in Mod 17.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    halo0816halo0816 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    ask the support, they are rly helpfull and can give you your item
  • Options
    aerthynaerthyn Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    I'm afraid support is not being helpful at all. When I asked if those toons that didn't get the choke chain could be credited with it I was told that...
    I would like to clarify that the Waning Darkness is an expedition quest and not a regular quest. There are no guaranteed quest rewards for completing expedition quests as the items can be obtained by chance.
    I went back to point out that its not an expedition and that it dropped in each run for just one person they responded saying...
    I would like to clarify that we confirmed with the higher ups that the Choke Chain of the Companion is not a guaranteed drop, the chance to obtain it is random and has a low drop rate.
    ...despite the fact it always dropped! And I did point out that the patch notes changed this to quest reward, which is now unrepeatable for those that didn't get it....
    However, I'm afraid getting the said item in-game is set at a random chance for everyone. It is indeed stated in the patch notes that the rewards granted when you defeat Kresta is moved to the Waning Darkness quest, but no assurance was given regarding a guaranteed drop. Additionally, no specific item was mentioned.
    ...and that...
    To reiterate, receiving items from doing this quest are only probabilities.

So don't hold your breath getting any assistance with this.

@nitocris83 @terramak can you comment/help with this?
  • Options
    darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    Sometimes I think support is like an AI experiment. You get weird responses like this or sometimes they make you feel stupid:

- We understand that you have HAMSTER problem
    - We checked that HAMSTER problem is a bug
    - We are sorry for the inconveniences that bug caused to you
    - We cant do anything to compensate you for the loss of AD / item /etc that bug caused to you
    - Have a good day.

In this case they have just bad info or they are trying to drop a smoke bomb to not help the player.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • Options
    cherryman1cherryman1 Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    This is really just upsetting for me. My main character didn't get the purple companion gear and as such is using a +5 companion gear instead. This is just frustrating since the end game is all about item level and having the best things and to have one of the best items in the game not be capable of getting for a character is just a way to have other players not bring you into events. I can't even buy it right now for money if I wanted to go that route. This isn't acceptable business behavior.
    Guild Leader: Under the Influence
    Yule (Barb): 72k : Siren (TR): 78k : Torun (DC): 73k : Siren OP (OP): 76k : Siren SW (SW): 78k : Modern (F): 80k : Cherry1 (CW) : 68k Siren HR (HR): 78k