test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Impossible to play dungeons. Fix kicking and penalty system.

2»

Comments

• namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    Another solution can be to have something like a Dungeon Entry Cooldown. Once you enter a dungeon, you cannot enter another queue for 30 minutes. The timer starts when you enter a dungeon. The mechanism is not call a penalty anymore, which has a negative connotation and is what people are gaming to avoid.

Now if you get the the end boss and determine that the run cannot be finished, you can leave with "time served" (hate to borrow a term from criminal law) and queue again immediately or in a few minutes. I'd imagine this is also easier to implement because you don't have to consider all the ways a player can get out of a run.

• wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    dolrey said:

I have an idea.

Experienced players remember that in the past some guilds or premade teams abused kicking to kick players not from their guild and get loot. Yes it is true. But here is one important "but". Previously expensive loot was not personal.

So, I mean that now there is no profit in kicking somebody (you just can't get any additional reward doing this because you just leave that player without reward not getting some for yourself). Also in RANDOM teams usually is only 1 troll so he can't kick anyone (other players just will vote for not kicking).

Now troll can say "Nope, you will not comlete dungeon" and 4 players only can leave dungeon without rewards. But as you see in my suggestion trolling will be tachically impossible and at the same time there will be no profit from kicking honest players.

Now situation in the game changed. And maybe old system of kicking partly will be even better than current.

Being kicked from a dungeon during the boss fight sure feels personal...
  • frogwalloper#6494 frogwalloper Member Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    I do try to remind myself it's good for society that Neverwinter permits sociopaths to mistreat other people in game. It lets them get some of that nastiness out of their systems. Without an opportunity to mistreat other people, they'd have to find that outlet IRL. So think about that the next time someone gets the jiggly giggles over your frustration. You may have just saved the next person to cross their path a really rotten day.

Society doesn't know, and won't ever give you credit. But I do. And I'm damn proud of you for taking one for civilization.
  • hubanwnhubanwn Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Being able to kick a player is important, mostly nowadays when player just spawn in an instance and do nothing, or other players carry lowbies that --not because are lowbies-- do not communicate or follow game mechanics.
  • illcutyoutwiceillcutyoutwice Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Can we at least have the time scaled to some percentage of the devs intended time to complete a dungeon/queue? Take it down to 2 or 5 minutes for the CTAs/short ones, 5 or 10 for the medium sized, or something like that. Maybe add a "Kick the damn troll" option in the vote to kick that works slightly differently than the other ones. Of course, there would have to be extra stuff in place negatively on using troll button because trolls will also abuse that.