test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Set of The Watcher Is Unobtainable

Comments

• bungabunga#5136 bungabunga Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    during the first week, I was running ME using only 1 ,3 ,4 runes (in random order).
    Someone in party would sometimes drop an alabaster piece from chest after last boss and would link it being very happy etc and insta wear it. (Which made me believe they weren't lying about their drop)
    Ever since I ran out of empowered runes. No1 has dropped alabaster from inside ME.
    It's another thing that doesn't make sense because they don't drop from 3x rage, but they drop with rage+empowered?
    Is it possible that we were someone killing these rare mobs and instead of watcher they dropped alabaster?
    Is it possible only the one that 'kills' the rare mob gets the drop, not everyone does?

This smells more and more like it's bugged and they are just hopelessly sending us on a 'Easter egg hunt' that doesn't even work.

Time to try all combos on preview and get that theory out of the way.
  • zeneisezeneise Member Posts: 10 Arc User

I think bubbles inside MEs have something to do with the 'puzzle'.

Have you been looking around and listening inside one? I did some recording: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRVCQiGzFd8

I think they are not there just for ambience, there is too much work behind. What do you think?

I don't usually play with sound on... This is disturbing D:
    mindache said:

I've been thinking and since there is no interactable place in the master expeditions to place the lure, there must be other way to lure out the rare creatures. I went through many options but one particular stood out. There's this artifact called "Arcturia's Music Box" which tooltip says the following: "...Rumors has it that the music will summon dangerous creatures that can hide in plain sight". Has anyone tried using the artifact in the mini-arenas where bosses spawn in master expeditions?

Or maybe in bubbles? We have to try
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    The Runes don’t affect the layouts or mobs, otherwise if you run the same combo every time you would get the same map every time.

The map for MEs are mildly random for both mobs and map combo. It’s actually one of the best things about Mod16.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • quickfoot#7851 quickfoot Member Posts: 488 Arc User

The Runes don’t affect the layouts or mobs, otherwise if you run the same combo every time you would get the same map every time.

The map for MEs are mildly random for both mobs and map combo. It’s actually one of the best things about Mod16.

It is, except when you're trying to test something and provide repro steps :p

• mindachemindache Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    I tried opening the essences at random places, using all of the emotes, even tested the Arcturia’s artifact, nothing happened. With graphics set on lowest you can see that behind the doors that won’t open are no textures (all blue). I’m running out of ideas. Today I noticed that the elder runes have the same symbol as empowered energy. Are they somehow connected? Sinyé talks about how it takes time to master casting these elder runes. Maybe mastering the expeditions means that we learn to cast these elder runes like Halaster did? When you step on the few first elder runes it says that an energy has been released. Do we have to release all the energy? Do we have to avoid all of the elder runes with 3 runes slotted? It might be very difficult. Does the pattern of the elder runes’ location repeat?
    <font color="FireBrick">All we ask for is satisfaction.</font>
  • divectoredivectore Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    So after doing some runs of ME, i went to various, non-accessible places and i took pictures of my discoveries: (spoiler alert: didn't find any clue about it)
    First, i went on top of some caverns, (that map that starts with a split way and has a little waterfall, i went to the waterfall) and i just found buggy parts:

Then i went to the final boss and tried to lure him to the water full of piranhas, he didn't follow me.

but i found a small hole in the top of the cliff.

and a message saying "New Area Discovered" appeared

But nothing else happened after i fall to my death from the map.

In another map, i tried fishing in spots where fishies were splattering around but it doesn't work.

In the other side of the lake, i noticed tentacles coming out, and disappearing after a few seconds and never coming out again

So i went there, and to my surprise, the trail leading to those tentacles didn't have piranhas, but just before going there, i fall from the map but didn't die, and looking up, there was just a single tentacle with no monster below.

i haven't memorized all the maps, but if you see a hidden room here, please let us know:

And lastly, i noticed a hidden room in one of the sides of that map that is all twisted, right in the part when you fall.

But it was empty.
    So thats it, im all out, so Devs, if you reading this, then you should give us a clue, it would be pointless if we get to find this beholder set in mod 19 or something, it's better if we can find it right when it is still usefull, as most players still don't have alabaster set complete, including me.

• jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Yeah, it is looking a bit hopeless. Using three different runes does make you meet some big monsters, and a lot more beholders, but they don't (yet anyway) drop anything unusual.
    No idea what my toon is now.
    They already know its broken since is why they are hiding. Don't worry. It will be ninja fixed eventually 😂
  • b4t1b4tb4t1b4t Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    In any game that obtains a easter egg of any nature the method is always right in front of you but you would not have any idea of it being there unless told about it and have a general idea of where and how.
    This weapon set and the easter egg it self is a rather interesting add to the game and could be fun and enjoyable however the devs did forget to give clues to where and how.
    I know its hidden and surely not going to give away the location and how to go about it but giving a clue to where to start would have been a rather good idea.
    Also most easter eggs in games are always related to something unrelated to the game it self.
    Like dealing with the dev or the owner or even another game or what not.
    These things we have no clue on.
    If the devs would give a general idea of where to start it would help.
    Anyways I have tired alot of 3x runes and nothing has changed surely no wather set dropped.
  • nisckisnisckis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 655 Arc User
    Let's remember that the Beholder Tank Mount is an "easter egg" too, same as you being converted into a chicken when using certain weapon.

So yes, the hunt may be "funny" although not that useful, as everyone in PC will have the Alabaster fully upgraded when they get this one.
  • nisckisnisckis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 655 Arc User
    @vordayn I do remember my guild mates going crazy with that, which was one of the reason I didn't care about that equipment.

Personally, I don't mind too much if there is grid for getting new shinny equipment, what I dislike (and I mean "dislike", not "don't like") is farming with very low random chances or when it depends from anything out of the game control.

One thing I liked a lot was hunting for that little "boar hide" easter egg.

So yes, easter eggs like "boar hide" are fun to me, easter eggs like "beholder tank" are not.
    vordayn said:

nisckis said:

Let's remember that the Beholder Tank Mount is an "easter egg" too, same as you being converted into a chicken when using certain weapon.

So yes, the hunt may be "funny" although not that useful, as everyone in PC will have the Alabaster fully upgraded when they get this one.

In similar vein, remember how the Sunset weapons required one to find the Travelling merchant at least 9 times in Barovia, whereby sometimes the merchant wasn't selling the Wychwood at all, along with obtaining the sunset shards from Castle Ravenloft, the nightcrawlers from HEs and the moss randomly from the Campaign store?

I think I got up to around 3 Wychwood before giving up the pointless exercise, when the Primal Weapons were probably better anyway in any areas outside of Barovia.

Even if the Watcher Weapons are an "Easter Egg", following on the past examples set by the game designers, it is going to be behind a wall of RNG, time-gating and without any real improvement on other current weapons.
    Yeah, but people knew about that guy like days after mod was released and every spot he spawned at. It's been almost a month (excluding time on preview).
    nisckis said:

The thing is, people get that mount many times per day when that event is running, the devs have made sure everyone knows when one drops with the admin messages. Which gets back to probability and statistics, most likely this item does not drop from one of the 3 bosses we've all encountered, it does not drop in the chest, it does not drop from the quest giver when turning in, it doesn't drop in Zox's boxes. The drop rate would have to be like 100,000x lower than that of leg drop from a LB, so abysmally low, it might as well be 0, and if they use floating point numbers to represent their drop rates, there may be some obscure rounding error or other precision problem there, assuming ofc that the weapon set is supposed to drop from one of these sources.

So unless there is some ridiculous method for summoning the monster that has the set on its loot table, I'm not holding my breath here, especially since I've come to expect bugs like something not being on a loot table from these developers.

edited May 2019
    But barovia set wasn't an Easter egg. And witchwood you could get only 1 per week.
    The hilarious thing is that Barovia weapons were and still are bugged.
    No one cares enough to get them because exalted was better and CR wasn't the 'main dungeon' since tong/Codg were faster and less buggy.

0.0001% Easter egg drop rate? Sounds legit. Wouldn't surprise me.
    But I'm 100% sure in the first week people were dropping alabaster from ME chest. I think that was supposed to be a watcher piece. But they probably <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> up the loot table.
    It's actually the only thing that makes sense.
  • dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    Maybe the essences in some way
    mindache said:

I tried opening the essences at random places, using all of the emotes, even tested the Arcturia’s artifact, nothing happened. With graphics set on lowest you can see that behind the doors that won’t open are no textures (all blue). I’m running out of ideas. Today I noticed that the elder runes have the same symbol as empowered energy. Are they somehow connected? Sinyé talks about how it takes time to master casting these elder runes. Maybe mastering the expeditions means that we learn to cast these elder runes like Halaster did? When you step on the few first elder runes it says that an energy has been released. Do we have to release all the energy? Do we have to avoid all of the elder runes with 3 runes slotted? It might be very difficult. Does the pattern of the elder runes’ location repeat?

Has anyone tried opening the corresponding essences after stepping on a matching elder rune (and having the debuff active)?
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,489 Arc User
    It probably is right that the Watcher weapons themselves are low-probability RNG drops from some special boss, that can drop other stuff along with the weapons. They won't be 'free'.

But creating the condition that makes them drop is something we should be able to do in a consistent way. From all the hints given my guess is it is spawning some uber-boss in ME runs.

None such have been reported.

Which means we probably are doing something systematically wrong.

* It could be 3-rune runs are a requirement (we are more and more running 1-rune runs now for speed)
    * Maybe the myconoid pet is required? The description says it likes to find trinkets and big fights. For being the pet of the mod it is unusually modest, so maybe it got some hidden abilities? (The meta now moved to augments, so most likely nobody is running with Myconoid. That could make the easter egg harder than Cryptic expected)
  • dexymandexyman Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    Has anyone noticed the dead tigers that appear and disappear at runic encounters: Terminus "Timmy the tiger" : Willowwood "Cucciola" : Twisted Cavern: "Tiger" sometimes they are there other times not. Any idea what that's all about?
    Post edited by dexyman on
  • mifiisumifiisu Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    are those not just someone's buggy pets?
    edited May 2019
    I don't know, seems strange they all have different names and they only appear where runic encounters happen and its always a tiger...seems more delibrate than a random bug. I tried opening an essence but no joy. If ppl find more maybe post name and location. It always seems to be the same tiger in a given location
    They're people's companions.

• farhannaje#7907 farhannaje Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Some mention crowd condition how about more people in runic encounters. Like in heroic encounter when more ppl join tough mobs spawn and it get harder with more ppl coming in. Like in dread ring bronze,silver,gold.
  • farhannaje#7907 farhannaje Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Also check on trade NPC Zok. he has weave touch fragment which says "defeating a power full creature found within undermountain adventure zones".

Some mention crowd condition how about more people in runic encounters. Like in heroic encounter when more ppl join tough mobs spawn and it get harder with more ppl coming in. Like in dread ring bronze,silver,gold.

I was on my own when one of the uber mobs spawned, more ppl turned up, we killed it but nothing of importance dropped.

• williamyouwilliamyou Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Something new happened today. I performed the normal 3 ME runs. and was invited to help another group do there 3. the 4th run i noticed that some of the mushrooms where not lighted. 5th run even more. 6th run all where off. This does not include the mushrooms at the start, during the rune staging. Just my FYI
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User

Something new happened today. I performed the normal 3 ME runs. and was invited to help another group do there 3. the 4th run i noticed that some of the mushrooms where not lighted. 5th run even more. 6th run all where off. This does not include the mushrooms at the start, during the rune staging. Just my FYI

Graphic degradation. Restart your game and it'll reset.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.