test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Soulweaver need a stronger instant heal - Increase magnitude of shatter spark

adders79#8251 adders79 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
I thought my Warlock was in good shape. He is not maxed but has 130k power and 30% outgoing healing bonus from companions. Our healing powers really suck for the first boss in LoMM. Our only big heal is shatterspark, which you have to be fairly close to use. Even with PoP down and outgoing healing bonus from warlocks bargain I still only hit for 70k and 120k if I crit with a rank 14 Vorpal. This means if the tank gets cocooned and he has 600k HP unless I crit every heal he is more than likely going to die.

Also Wraiths shadow or whatever it is called may as well be deleted. The heal over time ticks for less than 1k a second. Can you remove this and give us a higher magnitude heal that costs more sparks.

Shatterspark has a magnitude of 400 and you have to be close. Compare this to cleric and Bastion is 800 Magnitude. I have seen videos of people with less stats than me hitting heals over well over 120k without crits.

I worry if Warlocks do not get a better instant heal they will just be left on the scrap heap for dungeon runs.

Comments

• giz#2086 giz Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited May 2019

I worry if Warlocks do not get a better instant heal they will just be left on the scrap heap for dungeon runs.

Welcome to the SW's life... The class was fine being pure DPS, but they didn't want to fix our damage so they made a Temptation's tree rework, people ran templock just for being wanted to run dungeons, ..devs thought that making SW a healer class because they need a new healer class but it's too expensive to release a new class, and they made healer path for Warlocks...Wrong. They need to remove healer path to make both path viable AoE-ST DPS path.

• vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    giz#2086 said:

Welcome to the SW's life... The class was fine being pure DPS, but they didn't want to fix our damage so they made a Temptation's tree rework, people ran templock just for being wanted to run dungeons, ..devs thought that making SW a healer class because they need a new healer class but it's too expensive to release a new class, and they made healer path for Warlocks...Wrong. They need to remove healer path to make both path viable AoE-ST DPS path.

Healer path has no direct impact on the DPS path; it's not as if one needs to be removed to make the other good.

DPS path is already good; at most it needs some QoL tweaks, like making it so that ACC isn't basically mandatory.

Soulweaver needs fixes to healing magnitude and a way to regenerate Sparks that doesn't depend on having viable targets. Simply increasing the base magnitude of Shatter Spark and changing the Tab Essence Drain to restore Sparks even if no enemy is within range would make a big difference.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    The few times I've run LoMM with a solo SW healer, I noticed them using Soul Reconstruction and they were successful at healing during the cocoon phase. It's 200 magnitude, 80' range and ticks 1 per 0.4s (so ticks 2.5 per second, which is 500 magnitude/second).

But I agree, another or improved burst heal would be good for the SW healer.
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
    edited May 2019
    vordayn said:

The few times I've run LoMM with a solo SW healer, I noticed them using Soul Reconstruction and they were successful at healing during the cocoon phase. It's 200 magnitude, 80' range and ticks 1 per 0.4s (so ticks 2.5 per second, which is 500 magnitude/second).

But I agree, another or improved burst heal would be good for the SW healer.

Arcturia healing isn't a problem, yeah. Soul Reconstruction is truly good for speedy cocoon healing. Trobriand is also fine. It's the Boreworm that's uniquely punishing for Soulweaver when the party isn't perfect.

I also suspect that less geared Soulweavers have a really hard time in general.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• adders79#8251 adders79 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    > @vorphied said:
    > The few times I've run LoMM with a solo SW healer, I noticed them using Soul Reconstruction and they were successful at healing during the cocoon phase. It's 200 magnitude, 80' range and ticks 1 per 0.4s (so ticks 2.5 per second, which is 500 magnitude/second).
    >
    > But I agree, another or improved burst heal would be good for the SW healer.
    >
    > Arcturia healing isn't a problem, yeah. Soul Reconstruction is truly good for speedy cocoon healing. Trobriand is also fine. It's the Boreworm that's uniquely punishing for Soulweaver when the party isn't perfect.
    >
    > I also suspect that less geared Soulweavers have a really hard time in general.

Can you target the boreworm in the healing phase? Good to know about soul reconstruction is working well.

My warlock needs a lot of work on pc as my main toons are on xbox, but my warlock on preview is 145k power with 40% outgoing heal and shatterspark is still rubbish. Can't test soul reconstruction on my own though.

> @vorphied said:

> The few times I've run LoMM with a solo SW healer, I noticed them using Soul Reconstruction and they were successful at healing during the cocoon phase. It's 200 magnitude, 80' range and ticks 1 per 0.4s (so ticks 2.5 per second, which is 500 magnitude/second).

>

> But I agree, another or improved burst heal would be good for the SW healer.

>

> Arcturia healing isn't a problem, yeah. Soul Reconstruction is truly good for speedy cocoon healing. Trobriand is also fine. It's the Boreworm that's uniquely punishing for Soulweaver when the party isn't perfect.

>

> I also suspect that less geared Soulweavers have a really hard time in general.

Can you target the boreworm in the healing phase? Good to know about soul reconstruction is working well.

My warlock needs a lot of work on pc as my main toons are on xbox, but my warlock on preview is 145k power with 40% outgoing heal and shatterspark is still rubbish. Can't test soul reconstruction on my own though.

The Boreworm is untargetable during that phase. There are golem adds in the second round of AoE soak, but stopping heals to whack them for Soul Sparks isn't practical. Essence Drain feated for instant effect can help here, at least.

I suspect that the devs figured Soulweaver was doing well because its total heal numbers (over the course of a dungeon run, which includes self-healing) are competitive with other healers, and its damage is much, much higher. What I think they need to do is reduce Soulweaver damage and improve its healing tools, because a high-damage healer that's hamstrung by specific types of encounters isn't that appealing in M16, where pseudo-hybrids bring less value than single-specialty classes.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH