test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: NW.110.20190411b.28

2»

Comments

• bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    Same here, three runs with runes, and just the etching dropped each time. No bonus ad, class or non class equipment from the chest.
  • cherryman1cherryman1 Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    lardeson said:

adinosii said:

what the heck, such weak patch notes, please fix mad mage already with these mimics for crying out loud

While I agree that the patch notes are "weak" (no fundamental problems addressed, and all the broken content remains broken), there is nothing that desperately needs fixing with those mimics. They could be tuned a bit (like adding one extra second between their spawns or slowing their movement by 20% or so, just to make the difficulty of the fight more in line with the rest of the dungeon, but in general, LoMM is in a better state than much of the older content right now.
    i go with this. its the only new dungeon we have and you guys already want it super easy? then what would be the point of trying to fine-tune your character if you just want to hit 80 and be able to do LOMM already? this fight is already easy enough if your groups knows what they doing, you can beat it without allowing a single mimic through and yes you dont need a bunch of 24k+ im merely talking about a group of 22k here. The better ur character gets, the easier this fight becomes, it makes all the sense to me, now as to bugs such as;

- not being able to hit mimics sometimes or lag making the fight impossible. Yes those need addressing.
    I would agree with this if not for the fact that most of the rest of the game with scaling is in some broken state that isn't "in a good state".
    Guild Leader: Under the Influence
    Yule (Barb): 72k : Siren (TR): 78k : Torun (DC): 73k : Siren OP (OP): 76k : Siren SW (SW): 78k : Modern (F): 80k : Cherry1 (CW) : 68k Siren HR (HR): 78k
  • award9award9 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 87 Arc User
    award9 said:

Thanks for the quick extra patch. Hopefully the usual Thursday patch will be much larger and this was just something y'all thought needed an early push.

Jokes on me. haha I have no interest in completing the "Rune Etched Armor" quest so there goes that. The changes to ME's should've been listed in the patch notes.
  • agilestoagilesto Member Posts: 516 Arc User
    For people not getting anything on ME despite putting runes at the start, have a look here

Now you need to finish the quest where you need to have 5 of the same type rune etched.
  • quickfoot#7851 quickfoot Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    Can we get patch notes for tomorrow early, pleeeeeaaaase :3

• margus23margus23 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    When is the Classes balance going to be worked on ? GWF is such a joke now.
  • kieranmtornkieranmtorn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 382 Arc User
    Well, it's always a question of what do they break, since they're clearly patching without regression testing. So now we go from r15 tenebrous not working, to ALL tenebrous not working.
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Yeah, that. Argh.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    > @kieranmtorn said:
    > Well, it's always a question of what do they break, since they're clearly patching without regression testing. So now we go from r15 tenebrous not working, to ALL tenebrous not working.

Briartwine is also not working.. plus other enchants as well...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • lordtweety#3604 lordtweety Member Posts: 275 Arc User

"you only need 22k"
    the dang thing is rated at 20k, change it to 22k or nerf it
    20k is not enough to do LOMM and 13 was NEVER enough for CR.
    it's misleading and also from looking over my various toons 20k is about impossible to hit without making some $$$ purchases.

It means that 5 20k toons are going to get slaughtered. It doesn't mean you can't finish it as a 20k toon.

All the dungeons are under rated so that higher ilvl, more experienced players can take 1 or 2 lower ilvl/min ilvl players through and still complete it. I saw this come up in the preview for CR and one of the devs commented on it back then.

Most pug groups don't want new players though so this virtually never happens. But in alliance and guild runs it happens quite frequently. At least it does in our alliance. (One caveat though, I've hardly been on so I don't know if it has with LoMM yet but it did with Tong, CODG and CR.)
    Main: Angels Scar
    Guild: Ruathym Corsairs
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    I did the dungeon many times with 2 20k players. People only judges players about IL but is much more important players knowledge about the game / class. or for example a 21k with old mainhand is much worse than 20k with alabaster weapon, so not all 20k characters are the same.

If any 20k dps save his encounters / daily for mimic phase he shouldnt have problems. If the other players are good enough can carry 1 or 2 20k that know what they are doing.

And the IL required is not for completion, is to enter the dungeon. I remember the old CN days, if you entered with the minimum IL you will were rampaged withouth piety. But you could maybe kill first boss with a good group and get something.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • picar66picar66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 118 Arc User
    20k is entry il, yes, not finsih il. you Need so much Damage on the mimics that you can only get by buying stuff and rank up.

This dungeon is pay 2 win.
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    Perhaps they should have had "Normal mode" LoMM (19k) and "Epic Mode" LoMM.(22k)
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    > @picar66 said:
    > 20k is entry il, yes, not finsih il. you Need so much Damage on the mimics that you can only get by buying stuff and rank up.
    >
    > This dungeon is pay 2 win.

My 19.5k Warlock disagrees with you having completed LotMM multiple times, and having no trouble with her column of mimics.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.