test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Which neck-belt set will you using for Wizard?

commanderdata002commanderdata002 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
Wyvern set, Apprentice Spoilt set or something else? Artucria music box has better stats but the set is a bit situational(you have to be behind the enemy for the 15%dmg)

Constructed demise possible better set bonus(5% dmg for 10secs) but it gives you no Int.
stock and stone I can master, but there's a Wizard to manage here!

Comments

• vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    Demo is probably still the best purely for DPS, but Apprentice’s Spoils is what I use. I’m sick of Demo, and the Apprentice set will only get better when the AP is fixed on the neck.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• isaacorion#1994 isaacorion Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    The "behind the enemy" bit on Apprentice's Spoils is quite generous.
    You can nearly be at its side and still get the bonus effect.
    Just so long as you aren't in front of its line of sight (which if you are, you or the tank need to move away).

That said, I still use Demo set. Unless AP Gain necklaces are fixed back to 4% and not just tooltip changed to 4 AP every 2 secs, I'll be sticking with Demo.
    Warlock: Don't want to let you down but I am hell bound. - Imagine Dragons
    Cleric: You can be an angel of mercy or give in to hate. - Shinedown
    Wizard: The more the dark consumes me, I pretend I'm burning bright. - Shinedown
    Barbarian: Am I beautiful... as I tear you to pieces? - In This Moment
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    How is the MC3 set in the new mod? Should I go pick up the Orcus set or should I just wait and aim at getting the new set?
  • jabetokjabetok Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    True wizards use Valindra set ;)

> @mebengalsfan#9264 said:

> How is the MC3 set in the new mod? Should I go pick up the Orcus set or should I just wait and aim at getting the new set?

Masterwork 3? It's trash. Had it going into this module, brought the demon lord set out of retirement (my bank) and never looked back.

I guess I have to upgrade another artifact and neck and waist. Ugh...

How about the broken set. Is that better than the MC set?
  • reefriednunt#3177 reefriednunt Member Posts: 246 Arc User
    I think I’m going to use the apprentice set or the electric collar set ( I think Armaments of constructed demise ) if I can get it...I know I’ll be sacrificing some dps from demon lord set, but I’m hoping ap gain eventually gets fixed and I like the HP gains and do t mind the item level boost, plus they are new and shiny!!
    With the update to AP necks getting Con to improve HP and AP gains are the other sets worth using vs. the Demo Lord or Lostmouth?

• tgwolftgwolf Member Posts: 501 Arc User

With the update to AP necks getting Con to improve HP and AP gains are the other sets worth using vs. the Demo Lord or Lostmouth?

Demo set now divides the Belt bonus between the two resulting in +1 STR/CON on each.

The bonus is decent but the stats on the new sets are better.

It's a free choice now tbh.
    tgwolf said:

Demo set now divides the Belt bonus between the two resulting in +1 STR/CON on each.

The bonus is decent but the stats on the new sets are better.

It's a free choice now tbh.
    Apparently even the Halaster set is not worth upgrading to as the demo set is still better. I have the stats needed for the new trial so I should be good to forgo switching to any new neck/waist set until a set is worth getting.
    edited August 2019
    Did some testing over the last few days using the Orcus set vs. the apprentice set.

Ran LoMM, T9, MSPC and FBI with the same group and we ran each dungeon 2x with me wearing each sets, so a total of 16 different runs. The group was a wizard (myself), an paladin tank, cleric healer, warlock and rogue as the other damage dealers.

What I have learned with these two sets is that the apprentice set out performs the Orcus set on adds do to me being able to generate more action points on adds do to the primal boots I am wearing. On a boss the Orcus set will outperform the apprentice set when the boss has no additional enemies to deal with; however, when there are additional enemies both sets aver very similar in damage.

What I like about the apprentice set is it provides additional stats and a nice boost in combat advantage. The Orcus set provides some deflection but that really isn't needed. Also the apprentice set has slightly better action point gain and you get a constant 1% damage boost do to the set having +2 Int vs. the ability bonus from the orcus set. In fact, the set bonus from the apprentice set provides +2 Int and +3 Con above what the Orcus set has.

With the changes to the game and how health is now managed, I find that the orcus set is actually less effective do to our health not always being at 100% vs. the enemy health. Many times I find my health closer to the enemies health in most situations, making the orcus set even less effective than the apprentice set.

Maybe it is the healer I was running was not good enough to keep my health topped off or maybe the changes from mod 15 to 16 were done to encourage us to drop the older orcus set for one of the newer sets.

Overall they are fairly close and I was surprised to see that apprentice set perform as well as it did against the Orcus.

I hope the devs continue to offer us new sets. I wonder how the Halaster set will perform vs. these other two sets. How that set bonus is applied seems intriguing and maybe has more potential than we may realize.

Here is to mod 18 and any new sets the devs will create.
  • mrimsogoodmrimsogood Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    Orcus set all the way.
    I've seen too many dps wearing these new sets and are just straight trash.

Orcus set all the way.

I've seen too many dps wearing these new sets and are just straight trash.

I've seen plenty of DPS using all sorts of sets and what I find interesting is those that under perform are do to rotation and builds and not the set they use.

I have seen a ranger using the wynren set with R11 enchantments melt stuff and I have seen BiS equipped ranger with all R15 that simply can't produce good damage.

This mod is about finding and using the correct rotations to produce max damage, not simply a set.

Demon Lord is great if you can maintain health at 100%; otherwise the new sets are better IMO.

• theraxin#5169 theraxin Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    So, as from experience and by asking basically anyone in-game who uses it, Orcus all the way, every day.

Now, to at least have a sensible amount of objectivity:

Arcanist feels way more generous on AP gain than Thaum. On my thaum, dailies a rare occurence and I don't feel worth it to put more on the AP gain, because of the Orcus set.

While the Orcus is just better at the top end, that end really reaches far and only potential increase for the top 0,1% of players, where the extra stat of the new sets are just not needed, because you are capped on them anyway, neither the extra 30k HP provided, because you either have enough of it for tomm or you are not ready for tomm anyway. And you are okay to chug up a potion or be willing to be healed by the healer (teleporting is fun, trying to heal someone who blinks away is not. Be more considerate to your healers). The Orcus has a ton of backsides which cost millions to "fix", but in the very end, the only difference will be the +Attributes, which they nerfed for mod16 and the bonus, where the Orcus reigns superior.

If you are not capping that 118-130k CA, you find the Combined stats useful and you can get a little extra damage from the Tenebrous by it, you probably should go with the Arcturia set, because it will perform better. And by a basic rule, you never really need the Orcus if you can find the Arcturia set useful. Every content up to lomm is a given with the Arcturia set and a few minute difference is not really something that breaks the ground. And even for tomm, you don't need the Orcus set, you just will reach a point where the Arcturia loses enough benefit to change into Orcus set.

So, while I'm certain that Orcus in the end is just better, I'm also thinking that most people wrongly use it, so they are closer to the top end build and losing damage while doing so.
  • texerrettexerret Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    I use Spoiled aprentice cuz orcus set sounds so unrewarding also nobody has given to me the numeric proof of porkus being superior all i hear is the "you should use orcus set you'll do more damage" all repeating by different lemmings. so in the long run i started despicing orcus set for that reason.

PS: players who beat me in damage usualy have 40 to 60k more power than me (some use porkus some use spoiled) so the major damage difference there is straigh up power. not set.
    texerret said:

I use Spoiled aprentice cuz orcus set sounds so unrewarding also nobody has given to me the numeric proof of porkus being superior all i hear is the "you should use orcus set you'll do more damage" all repeating by different lemmings. so in the long run i started despicing orcus set for that reason.

PS: players who beat me in damage usualy have 40 to 60k more power than me (some use porkus some use spoiled) so the major damage difference there is straigh up power. not set.

The demon lord set requires your health and the enemies health not to be equal to produce more damage. If you are at 100% health and the enemy is at 50% health you will get a % bonus to your damage based on the variance between your health and your enemies. In prior mods it was easier to justify the demon set as most players ran content with 100% do to AA from the DC providing some damage immunity.

Mod 16 we take damage regularly and our health is not always 100% so we end up getting less benefit from the demon lord set; however, when you have full health and the enemy has 50% or less you can get a high damaging Ice Knife. The apprentice set provides straight up bonus damage for 10 seconds after using a daily.

I've been playing around with both regularly. If you run the apprentice set I recommend the Cleric Sigil as your main artifact to use dailies more often. Otherwise I would recommend an artifact that buffs your damage.

Overall both are effective and produce similar damage.