test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cocoon lair of mad mage acuturia fight

yea this instant death HAMSTER from cocoon get rid of it for the love of neverember, no one wants instant death and cant blame the cleric for that or heals............... soo we got a problem and you need to acknowledge that problem is youre players dont want to be one shot or insta death lol im freaking 600k HP and its laughable at best. honestly you should adjust it some more, it should not kill me beyond the point where i cant use scrolls to revive my self, wtf are the scrolls there for in the first place good lord already spending tons of ADs just to be able to properly play the dungeon and smfh its just lack there of in some areas....

Comments

• obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    It’s not instant death.

Before entering set chat to /p

If you get cocooned, type c or me. Repeat until you explode.

The healer then heals you, everyone else runs away from you. (Tanks at full health/stamina probably need to move away to stop oddness with reflected damage, not because they cannot survive it.)

The cocoon explodes and if the healer did their job, you stand up and either get healed to full or hit a stone to heal yourself.

It might help to actually have defence at or near cap instead of ignoring it as well.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    As someone wrote, the more HP a tank got the worse it is in that fight. Healer has to get you to max Hp in short being cc'd, standing inside that butterflies, fog or being disabled himself sometimes.
    defense should be 68k right? Less Hp will help also in that specific fight.
    Since damage seems to be split, running away is not allways the best solution fo the party imo ?
  • tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    @schietindebux I dont feel like damage are split, but they depend of the maximum hp of the target as you said, so if your 600K hp tank is in cocoon, run away fast
  • quickfoot#7851 quickfoot Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    I noticed recently that when someone is in the cocoon, there are red butterflies on the floor around them, keep an eye open for that after mimic phase.

• adders79#8251 adders79 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    This is a mechanic no different to souls in ToNG. If you do not counter it then it is instadeath, regardless of your HP.

If you get cocooned and call it out if you die its 100% on the healer. They either are not doing what they should or are unable to as they cannot heal enough

This bit is not hard, but if your healer has low power and no extra healing buffs they may struggle if the tank gets cocooned. Tanks can have up to 600k HP and if your healer cant hit big heals the tank will die before you can get him to full health.

The mechanics are pretty simple. Get the cocooned person to 100% health and everyone get out of dodge.
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    > @tryingfeedback#2848 said:
    > 60,000 defense

It’s unmitigated damage (at least if the person in the cocoon isn’t at full health), so your defence doesn’t matter.

Paladin’s just need to have Lay on Hands ready for the cocoon, and there is no problem.

DCs and Warlocks I have no idea what they use.

——

And yes the fight has both a DPS check and a Healing check. If only there was an aggro check somewhere in the dungeon to make tanks relevant.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    DC got intercession 2000 instant heal I'd say, warlocks only option would be to use At will, soul reconstruction if you can target that coccon fast enough, imo the fastest way to heal up.
    That`s one of many reason why there are near no warlock asked to run as full heal.

DC got intercession 2000 instant heal I'd say, warlocks only option would be to use At will, soul reconstruction if you can target that coccon fast enough, imo the fastest way to heal up.
    That`s one of many reason why there are near no warlock asked to run as full heal.

Yeah I have raised Warlock healing issues on feedback board. We need a bigger heal. I have 130k Power and 30% extra healing from companions and even with Pillar down and healing bonus from using warlocks bargain I can only hit around 70k non crit with shatter spark. Soul reconstruction I can hit 30-50k per tick, but this still cannot heal a tank to full. I have tried LoMM with my Soulweaver and you have to crit practically every heal if the tank gets cocooned.

Clerics get Bastion which is 800 magnitude (I think) and intercession which is basically a full heal. It is really annoying as Warlock is the class I have concentrated on and invested all my AD in to find out that we do not have the heals needed to do LoMM
    Only thing I can think to try is soul pact daily, drop PoP, hit warlocks bargain then hope that nobody is blocking your path to the tank so you can hit him with Soul reconstruction. However if the tank gets cocooned twice in a row what do you do then :)
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    2ND boss and 3rd boss are harder. 1st boss is how fast your healer react on cocoon.
  • kstubble#4883 kstubble Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    regardless or the mechanic, imo we should never be one shot, especially the tank. i remember them telling us this the one shot not be an issue anymore in one of the first blogs released for this mod.

i realize the cocoon does require a mechanic to get free (like valindras hand) but this mechanic is annoying at best and does not seem this should be wai (even if it is).

as a tank i am getting very frustrated with this game. too many knockbacks and getting killed instantly with 500k+ hp is ridiculous.
  • hercules125hercules125 Member Posts: 427 Arc User
    I think the cocoon should just be a timed DOT/hold, which you can die from with no heals, and leave out the explosion part. One of the stated goals of the devs was to eliminate the one shot kill, which is what this is - you die from one application of one of her powers. There should be no "1 death and you're out" in any dungeon going forward.
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User

2ND boss and 3rd boss are harder. 1st boss is how fast your healer react on cocoon.

wut seriously the rest of the dungeon after first boss seemed better
    have you done it with a fighter instead a paladin?