test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

GTA Orc Assault cant be soloed

teamstephonteamstephon Member Posts: 166 Arc User
i just had got on today for wanting to solo in gta and after seeing how hard the orcs where hitting that i could not survive them without being killed under two hits so how are they able to go through you at level 60 when they dont do much damage cause i would like to see them fix this event so there not hitting like there level 81

Comments

• cabar1cabar1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 124 Arc User
    They want you run some content in parties and some solo. The question then becomes when to partay and when to drink alone!
    99 lines of code on the wall, 99 lines of code, add one line, compile it again....... 113 lines on code on the wall
    113 lines of code on the wall, 113 lines of code, rewrite one line, compile it again.......
    Wait For It
  • teamstephonteamstephon Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    cabar1 said:

They want you run some content in parties and some solo. The question then becomes when to partay and when to drink alone!

yes was aware of that why they should of made it solo for how I cant stand afker's and how players do not listen when they go ahead of you cause this was much easier in mod15

• tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    I can't see your problem, it's just a little longer

i know you can solo it i did it ones on my cleric why i was saying how they need to remove the scaling
    edited May 2019

i know you can solo it i did it ones on my cleric why i was saying how they need to remove the scaling
    Oh I was misled by the post title, and the fact that you never spoke about scaling.
    Post edited by tassedethe13 on
  • baucoinbaucoin Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    It's not that bad to solo. Just don't go past the fence, let the orc waves come to you, and take them on one group at a time. Takes a while but can be done.

I was a barbarian with only 14k item level btw.
  • natureyouscarynatureyouscary Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Real question, why would you want to? E-p? The queue is instant atm, so why solo which will just take longer?
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,489 Arc User
    You get a lot more battle medallions by soloing.

But the more general question is why bother with this event at all? Rewards are rather meh.

You get a lot more battle medallions by soloing.

But the more general question is why bother with this event at all? Rewards are rather meh.

was going to get some my toons some transmute weapons but cant cause the event is so slow and boring that some of my toons cant survive them without my companion for how it doesn't heal anymore

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    They seem to have loosened up the kick vote.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    edited May 2019
    greywynd said:

They seem to have loosened up the kick vote.

was having a hard time doing this on my barbarian for how my wizard rogue and cleric could do it fine just did not like how slow gta was cause all got was bored in there to fast for how I did not like the scaling to much and how I would like if they would let are companions heal and do damage
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Even in a group I found doing this map frustrating... people died wearing lvl 80 gear. Took a long time to complete.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    They removed the normal chests long ago. There isn't any reason to cross over onto the orc side. Engage only the mobs that come through and you will never get mobbed. Even a weak team can defend the right path together and then attack the orcs roaming around to their left.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother

Even in a group I found doing this map frustrating... people died wearing lvl 80 gear. Took a long time to complete.

I can do it fine on my wizard and rogue with level 80 gear you just don't want to take them all at ones found out doing that the hard way while dying and if you take one side and have the either person do the either side should be fine it just a slow process that i don't like since they should made sure there was no scaling in this event
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

Swap in your Vistani gear. Even my Cleric and Ranger were able to do it.

Swap in your Vistani gear. Even my Cleric and Ranger were able to do it.
    just did not like the way they did the set of gear off ah and how they made us look all the same and how we have to spend are ads on transmute to look different cause if they would of made the armor on ah like we had from chult maybe I wouldn't be blowing my ads doing transmute since I do hate spending 8,000 on old transmute gear that should of been under 5,000
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    not really, i say no more than 3k, they are just greedy to make us burn AD than nessessary, lot of older contents with ADs been nerfed, and they hadnt bother updating and adjust the value on transmute cost, each character used to get 36k a day, and nerfed our account down to 3 character 100k cap a day when we had 6 alts or more.
    they chopped poor Rhix's AD business and he still standing in hope to get his job back, Jim and Oran would hire him for other business.
  • aerthynaerthyn Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    There have been lots of asks for more AD sinks to address the excess of AD in the game, I may not like it but 8K does help a little - not much - and is an easy change for the devs. It does make me think twice at time for transmuting, but its only a couple of randoms.
  • cabar1cabar1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 124 Arc User
    I solo'd it, with a 13560 thaumaturge.
    99 lines of code on the wall, 99 lines of code, add one line, compile it again....... 113 lines on code on the wall
    113 lines of code on the wall, 113 lines of code, rewrite one line, compile it again.......
    Wait For It
    aerthyn said:

There have been lots of asks for more AD sinks to address the excess of AD in the game, I may not like it but 8K does help a little - not much - and is an easy change for the devs. It does make me think twice at time for transmuting, but its only a couple of randoms.

yeah was not happy i had to spend 8,000 on old transmute gear where i couldn't figure out why i had no ads left tell i figured out why but i do agree that if you transmute your stuff over and over that it should not cost you no more than 3,000 on each piece if they would only make it that way cause i did pull out a purple drake on my rogue while pulling out a orc on my either one since i did not get anything else
    If your whole fortune is 8K, you shouldn't make transmute your priority, or maybe read the tooltip saying it will cost you 8K.

Does 3K instead of 8K really makes a difference ?

Be happy to have drop the mount, some didn't have this luck.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    At this point, pretty much the only transmutes I use are "Free Appearance Change". If I don't like the look I run fashion.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.

If your whole fortune is 8K, you shouldn't make transmute your priority, or maybe read the tooltip saying it will cost you 8K.

Does 3K instead of 8K really makes a difference ?

Be happy to have drop the mount, some didn't have this luck.

i don't make my toons look ugly in gear i know some players like to be but its not for me why i like to make mine look nice and pretty why i said they shouldn't make you spend more than 3k to 5k in ads where the old transmute should not cost you a lot for what you had forever