test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Watcher set runic crystal combinations.

jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
Ok, let's assume that the watcher set drops from a special monster you summon into a master expedition by using a special combination of crystals at the start.

Let's also assume you need to have an empowered resonator from the tutorial quests.

Afaik there are 5 types of crystal: chaos, balance, empowered, rage, and whatever the last one was. Ad, gold, drop, drop, and rp.

5x5x5 means 125 possible combintaions.

However, I guessing it won't be 3 of a kind, so 120 combos.

Almost certainly, they will be all different, so 5x4x3 which means 60 likely combos.

Since everybody has been running with rage in the first slots, then also likely it's not that.

So, basically, get your enhanced resonator from the quest. Slot three different runes, but not rage first. Write down what you've tried, and post combinations here.

Also, a bit of a stretch, but cryptic gave us all the myconoid pet, perhaps that needs to be summomed while you run the MEs.

Anyway - gl.
No idea what my toon is now.

Comments

• silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    Interesting theory about the myconoid. . .
    I aim to misbehave
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Another crazy guess. Eye is a three letter word. One of the runes is yellow, some others are green.

Emerald, yellow, emerald. Equals "eye".
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    Another question, and this is based on knowing Cryptic's past history, I wonder if only the "rune summoner" gets the Watcher item once the correct sequence has been setup. "Sorry, only the party leader that places runes gets the item this time. Please run it again."
    I aim to misbehave
  • artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    Was any information regarding this set revealed somewhere. I assumed it simply didn't drop anywhere. Just like the mountaineer set isn't in the trade bar store despite the collection telling you that it is.
    There's a thread in the bugs section, that it's an easter egg is confirmed.
    edited May 2019
    Probably so, but since the runes are easy to get, I don't think that's much of a problem.
    silence1x said:

Another question, and this is based on knowing Cryptic's past history, I wonder if only the "rune summoner" gets the Watcher item once the correct sequence has been setup. "Sorry, only the party leader that places runes gets the item this time. Please run it again."

• adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    I was looking through old developer blogs. Two seem relevant:

One of the best artifact weapon sets in Undermountain can be acquired in Expeditions, provided you can find and defeat its guardians. from the Undermountain Expeditions blog

Also, in a different blog, we have...

With so many new adventurers showing up in Undermountain upsetting the wildlife, some of the more dangerous creatures are going to come out to play. And if you are willing to lure out and defeat these rare monsters, you are sure to get their rare treasures! These summoned rare monsters drop hard-to-find armor pieces, vanity pets, and one of the best weapons sets you can find in Undermountain, the Watcher set!
    Hoping for improvements...
  • kangkeokkangkeok Member Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    jonkoca said:

Another crazy guess. Eye is a three letter word. One of the runes is yellow, some others are green.

Emerald, yellow, emerald. Equals "eye".

Holy, that's some illuminati's conspiracy theory sheet...
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    It is probably has the same odds as a Legendary mount from a LB. with that said, I wouldn't get my hopes up.
    Ok, got my enhanced resonator today.

Eye would be empowered, balanced, empowered. But haven't tried it yet.
  • tjkernan#7315 tjkernan Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    Well, I can tell ya Green-Orange-Purple doesn't do it, tried that one...
  • lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    I was wondering if maybe you had to use all of the scrying orbs, maybe that is a play on watcher.

Or if it is a special monster - maybe a beholder. Some of the runic HEs have special monsters in them - is one a beholder?
  • kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    There was a beholder in a runic encounter in Vanrakdoom(?) that my party and the few other toons there could not touch.
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    I have noticed that the pattern behind the rune chargers for MEs also appears in the room where the named Ogre appears in the Catacombs, and I have seen a level 80 Ogre in that space instead of the usual level 71. Skeetches (sp?) who has the campfire near there also has specific text relating to the Ogre and the named G-Cube that appears in the same area.

I also find it curious that there are a bunch of doors we can reach but not open in MEs.

I’m also suspicious about needing 5 people in a 3 rune ME being necessary, as that triggers the hardest difficulty.

Lots of possible clues and combinations.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
    edited May 2019
    Egg is also a three letter word lol. No idea how to translate that into runes though.

Tbh. The ammount of MEs being done everyday, in every combination of rune, party size etc.you'd think someone would have stumbled onto it by sheer dumb luck.

We must be missing something.
  • foxxy#4211 foxxy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 563 Arc User
    "obtain this set wiII take mastering the expeditions and facing foes with"

Did u consider that it is first to master aII quests given by sinyé? then maybe try something with aII theories?

"And if you are willing to lure out and defeat these rare monsters, you are sure to get their rare treasures"

AIso, has anyone, who finished quests thread aIready, got a Iure or something?
  • eoleeeolee Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    I finished Sinye quest line because i do not have anything better to do when im capped seals of the deep. And nothing happened but the sour satisfaction of having farmed 1200 resonances and wasted 125k ADs for an overall improvement of a couple hundreds of stats (im being generous here).

After that completion we did some MEs 3 runes and i got many gold and black pearls.
  • itzlapolaloltzitzlapolaloltz Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    About the bad HAMSTER monster in runic HE, so far I had killed crab, beholder, manticore, remorhaz and none of them had drop something unusual. My two cents about it, DEV didnt unlock yet its relative feature.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Or you don't have what you need for it to drop.

Or it is just one step in the puzzle. Puzzles are funny like that.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • baronstragenbaronstragen Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    Tried the Emerald, Yellow, Emerald thing. Didn't work. Tried the mushroom companion. Nothing. Tried Emerald, Purple, Blue. 2nd zone we fought an Undead Beholder as a boss. No drops.
    Varric the Cursed Dwarven cursed to be Tiefling CW
    Original Serenity Mostly Retired DC
    Tokarek Bearded Dwarven OP Tankadin
    JuiceHead Goofy Human GWF
    Member of H3llzWarriors and Limitless.
  • dontez1dontez1 Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    Has anyone gotten a Weave Touched Fragment yet? The 2nd currency for Zok. The main man who sells Chests of Lost Adventure. Acquired after defeating a powerful creature in a Undermountain adventure zone. Sure seems suspicious that this Vanity chest has at least vainty pets possibly the Watcher set also... The 1k gear drops from the other chest but "says" it drops from expeditions. Just my 2 cents..

edit:Also when a Beholder, Remorhaz, etc other big nasty appears at a runic HE it says
    "A Powerful Creature Emerges" across the top of you're screen. Easter egg?
  • tjkernan#7315 tjkernan Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    GOT? (Game of Thrones... Green-Orange-Teal) hahaha
    GYG? (Gary GYGax... Green-Orange-Green)
    All I took away from today was that using 3 different runes means you meet some unusual named monsters. "Eye" empowered/balanced/empowered didn't do anything abnormal.

• zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    I got an "Essence of Longing" item in MEs. Its pic looks like a rapier hilt.

Item Description: An overwhelming thirst to fight consumes you. Perhaps there is a place where you can quench this desire.
  • quickfoot#7851 quickfoot Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    With only 125 possible combinations and thousands of ME runs being done daily for the past 24-25 days, it is highly probably, indeed most likely, that every combination of runes has been exhausted.

Considering the following...

1) Mountaineer set isn't actually in the tradebar store.

2) We recently started getting "Essence" from ME's when LoMM was released, as far as I am aware, no one actually knows how to "Awaken" these essences to restore the Successor gear. So restored Successor gear is currently gated, info/time gated, who knows.

3) I have not heard of anyone getting the currency to buy vanity pet chests from Zok.

4) When they redid professions, for certain Masterwork weapons, a bug made it impossible to craft +1 variants, most likely the code for the +1 version pointed to the regular version. This wasn't fixed until a couple months before M16 hit preview. (I was the one who found the bug, and yes, I made my case with elementary probability and statistics I took in high school).

5) If 5,000 toons run 3 ME's per day, for the last 24 days, that's eyes on ME instances 360,000 times, many of these times people scoured every square inch of the maps. This isn't even considering time on Preview. I'd guess about 1,000 people farm some resonance every day, at least. Out of all these interactions with the content, I find it hard to believe no has got even one piece of the Watcher set yet, most likely there would be at least one screenshot.

... I would bet money on the method for obtaining the Watcher set hasn't been released yet, or is actually bugged and the developers are not aware that it is bugged (or are at least not disclosing that it is). I would be very surprised if it was truly an Easter Egg Puzzle in a ME map that we simply have not found yet, it would have to be something so totally ridiculous that it may actually be possible that it never gets solved, like the party members have to be standing on 5 specific spots that are not highlighted in any way, to get the event to trigger, some HAMSTER like that.

As time goes on and still no one gets the Watcher set, it becomes even more likely that the method for obtaining them is in fact bugged, or not even available yet.

• laderlader Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 48 Arc User

Item Description: An overwhelming thirst to fight consumes you. Perhaps there is a place where you can quench this desire.

You have done 3 Runes ME to drop it? They drop from the chest or from the bosses?
  • eoleeeolee Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    lader said:

You have done 3 Runes ME to drop it? They drop from the chest or from the bosses?
    Well i have 6 so far that dropped from chest inside, and not from 3 runes personally. And they need to be awakened to be useable. No clue how to awaken them
  • laderlader Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 48 Arc User
    eolee said:

Well i have 6 so far that dropped from chest inside, and not from 3 runes personally. And they need to be awakened to be useable. No clue how to awaken them

Thx. I've done MEs since the lauch, but never find one -.-'

Empowered/chaotic/rage - coincidence perhaps, but that run was seemingly extra tough, and had full sized beholders all over the place.

Confirm plz.