test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Divinity regen

natureyouscarynatureyouscary Member Posts: 12 Arc User
edited May 2019 in The Citadel
Anyone have tips? My pally isn't high enough to try out the encounter that regens divin or the passive that makes sacred weapon Regen divin (oath) it works fine when soloing low end content but dungeons it's out in seconds and takes ages to Regen in combat...

So basically you feel useless and tab doesn't seem to do anything

Comments

• obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    Divinity is recovered by holding tab if you have not chosen a paragon or are Oathkeeper. It is also recovered by shielding attacks.

Powers should be Sacred Weapon, Burning Light and either Divine Touch or Smite (as available).

Smite, Divine Touch, Bane and all Divinity Powers have very fast cooldown, however you need to learn to moderate their use. Just because they are not on cooldown doesn’t mean you should use them. Burning Light is a good indicator of the rate at which you should use them in fact if you don’t want to run out of Divinity fast.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • mythrionnmythrionn Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    I agree and I would like to add that you can play with circle of power to faster you regen (if you are healer in dungeon for exemple). Prayer of opportunity (paragon feat of healer) is also a great way to regen divinity. Just quick TAB cast to regen small amount of divinity.

• natureyouscarynatureyouscary Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Thanks for the feedback. I do think I'll have more options by 60 ish and will see how it plays then. :3 also looking forward to the healer path reduce cost to smite/bane. Makes em do 50% dmg at 1/3 Rd cost
  • hubanwnhubanwn Member Posts: 2 Arc User

Divinity is recovered by holding tab if you have not chosen a paragon or are Oathkeeper. It is also recovered by shielding attacks.

Powers should be Sacred Weapon, Burning Light and either Divine Touch or Smite (as available).

Smite, Divine Touch, Bane and all Divinity Powers have very fast cooldown, however you need to learn to moderate their use. Just because they are not on cooldown doesn’t mean you should use them. Burning Light is a good indicator of the rate at which you should use them in fact if you don’t want to run out of Divinity fast.

I have to disagree. Try getting 10-20k dmg from mob teams of 4/5 simultaneously for 4-5 seconds ; your stamina depletes in no time while it recovers divinity enoug for 1-1.5 encounter powers. This feels unbalanced. A complete stamina drain by max block should be felt more in divinity gains for the tank to be useful. Moreso, if you keep the shield up, you do only minimal damage if you have reflect feats/skills active; therefore you lose aggro that cannot be recovered easily. You have to use at-wills to recover stamina to stay alive, and this takes aggro gain absolutely out of the equation.
    Right now it feels like sweating blood to build threat. Smite taunt just does not work. If you die, you have no way to recover your aggro until the end of the fight.
    If i am completely wrong, then be kind to enligten me. No irony/sarcasm intended.
    Thank You!
  • anoreksjaanoreksja Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    So, regeneration of the divinity is so slow that from the beginning of module 16 I have used the mechanics of TAB button no more than twice. In my opinion, the TAB mechanics is a useless addition which should be changed.
    anoreksja said:

So, regeneration of the divinity is so slow that from the beginning of module 16 I have used the mechanics of TAB button no more than twice. In my opinion, the TAB mechanics is a useless addition which should be changed.

for the Justicar path of course..
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    anoreksja said:

anoreksja said:

for the Justicar path of course..
    No way they are removing the best feature Justicar paladins have... (with the apropiate feat of 75% dmg reduction) Why dont you try different setups?
    Try to not use any divinity power while you are tanking. Just use all the divinity in the Tab mechanic.

Try to focus on agro. Use aura of vengeance or the aura that gives your alies 5% less agro. Those auras are doubled while Tab is on. Use Vow to get agro back when you lose it. Use Burning light. Use Binding oath or Relentless Avenger what you find better.

Forget Smite, Bane, etc. Those are for solo playing.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
    Every time when I am on an epic dungeons (e.g. LoMM), team asks to change tank path to healer. They emphasize that in difficult run, 2x healer and 3x dps are better. Without Smite, Bane, Paladins do not deal enough damage to speed up the run and increase the threat.
    I have 710k HP, ~80k Awareness, ~75k Critical Avoidance, ~70k Deflection, ~90k Defense, ~70k Armor Pen & Accuracy (Justicar 25k IL)
    and the function of the TAB button does nothing for me or the team, except that it very quickly consumes divinity.
    On LoMM bosses I use a very large amount of health stones, as well as often the tank dies during the fight (despite high defensive values).
    Therefore, the team prefers running with 2x healer (no need tank).
    edited May 2019
    710K HP is unnecesary. I have 450K Hp and is more than enough to tank everything in the game. You should focus more on offensive stats (crit, power, accuracy, CA), because you need to do dmg to maintain agro. Tab function does for you and your team help to maintain agro, because you can hit and generate more agro with no worry about defense because you have 75% damage reduction. Thats the difference. "Active tanking vs Passive Tanking"

You can have 1M hit points and use your shield all time but you wont get agro while your team is hitting like a truck.
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    edited May 2019
    hubanwn said:

I have to disagree. Try getting 10-20k dmg from mob teams of 4/5 simultaneously for 4-5 seconds ; your stamina depletes in no time while it recovers divinity enoug for 1-1.5 encounter powers. This feels unbalanced. A complete stamina drain by max block should be felt more in divinity gains for the tank to be useful. Moreso, if you keep the shield up, you do only minimal damage if you have reflect feats/skills active; therefore you lose aggro that cannot be recovered easily. You have to use at-wills to recover stamina to stay alive, and this takes aggro gain absolutely out of the equation.
    Right now it feels like sweating blood to build threat. Smite taunt just does not work. If you die, you have no way to recover your aggro until the end of the fight.
    If i am completely wrong, then be kind to enligten me. No irony/sarcasm intended.
    Thank You!

Ok nothing you say here is relevant to what I said at all.

But to address it:
    I’ve been running LotMM and your scenario only exists in Arcturia and then only if people let mimics through. If you get 4 or 5 golems you might as well wipe and reset.

The only other problematic encounter is Trobriand, because each of his “at wills” hits for 100k or so consistently ( I’m capped in Defence, but short on Deflect so the problem could be there) and then the Scorpions will also hit for similar amounts. So you can end up taking 300k/s if everything is pointing at you. 750k HP last 2.5s then (including shield).

But getting aggro back isn’t that hard either in my experience. On Trobriand I run Vow, RA, SW, Shielding, Radiant. After a death it’s just run to him and start hitting again, ideally hit him with Vow or use SW before going to him.

If the DPS focuses the scorpions properly this isn’t a problem that really happens anyway.

Outside of LotMM I’m just running MEs, nothing in MEs hits hard or fast enough to need shield up for more than a few seconds. At 3xRunes with 2 good dps everything dies so fast or is under cc, that I don’t bother trying to tank I just run Smite, RA, BL with Vengeance and Composure.

So with 100k power, offence stats all capped (except CA) and defence and awareness capped, outside of specific issues in bosses (tied to low DPS from dps) your scenario just doesn’t really exist for me and where it does is mitigated greatly by my use of an Eclipse enchant.
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
  • natureyouscarynatureyouscary Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Aren't there two non divinity skills that increase aggro for tank paragons? Also you can use sacred weapon plus passive for increased aggro.
    I wouldn't take more than 1 divinity skills for aggro, but I typically play the healing path in groups.
    Mostly because every pug I run the cleric is a arbiter lol
    Vow of Enmity is not really aggro, it puts you at the top of the target’s threat list (so it’s good for starting fights ahead, and recovering lost aggro).

Sacred Weapon buffs threat (when feated), but needs other attacks to make it work.

Oath Strike is at-will AoE threat generation.

The Aura doesn’t give threat, it reduces ally’s threat (if they are in the AoE of the Aura, which ranged attackers or just the massive scattering of mobs may result in not being true).

Smite with passive works like Vow. (Costs Divinity)

Templar’s Wrath is a threat buff. (Costs Divinity)

Aggro is generated by doing damage, the more you do, the more you have. Our damage is bad (compared to good dps in dungeons, not necessarily for solo play), so we need threat generators and other “cheats” to hold aggro.

But it’s an entirely different discussion to “how do we recover Divinity?”

Pursuant to that question I am running Divine Pursuit feat on one of my loadouts at the moment, not sure it’s really making a difference, but for 1 Rune MEs and such it’s certainly more useful than the other one because I just don’t use my shield much at all in such content.
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    Use Binding oath and aura of vengeance.
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    What is the deeper sense of reducing stamina regen while using tab?
  • shadow1dracul#8190 shadow1dracul Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited July 2019
    My main problem with Divine champion is literally the fact it drains divinity if it didn't do that then you could properly run around generating decent threat by getting initial aggro and then tanking the hits with your shield also it would allow for higher dpm which in turn would increase threat generation. i mean if it drained divinity slowly aka you could regen it by tanking hits there wouldn't be a massive problem but as it stands out of combat you are going to get approx 30 seconds before your divinity runs out from being full, and that is without other abilities being used so you are going to run out a hell of a lot quicker in combat remembering that divinity only recharges to a certain level with your passive ability when you block damage. Now if the recharge wasn't hard capped all you would need would be enough mobs on you and you could effectively keep the damage/tanking going without having many issues. Honestly I think the way this Mechanic is handled needs some sort of change done to it because as it stands the ability itself locks you into a constant struggle of both trying to keep aggro while also trying to keep up divinity and then failing to do both because of the restrictions placed on you.

Oh and if you aren't in a dungeon the ability is beyond useless so yeah that doesn't exactly help.
  • kangkeokkangkeok Member Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    In my opinion, encounter and feat are just tools to maintain aggro. What really empower those tool and guarantee threat are your stat, power. The more damage u do, the more likely u are to hold the aggro. So for a Tank, HP and defensive stat isn't the only stat to go. U have too keep your power high for aggro generation ( and to slay mimic in lomm ). There is no way u can hold aggro with 65k power against your 120k power teammate.