test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Depleted Artifacts

panzer40kpanzer40k Member Posts: 5 Arc User
Anyone else having issues with completing this quest line? I have relogged, dropped and restarted quest several times. Go to the rune spawns in Undermountain, no depleted artifacts or any other drops for that matter. Is this quest bugged?

Comments

• lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    sometimes they take a long time to drop - was like that on my GF
  • panzer40kpanzer40k Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    thanks for the feedback...I was grinding for over an hour. I didn't even see any more of the runic shards drop anymore...thought it was bugged
    been farming for 3 hours for the quest item. I can get all 10 shards to drop...no depleted artifact. GO to submit a ticket...get stuck in the infinite "Bug report" loop. Go to ARC site to submit ticket...same loop.
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    Ok - figured out the runic essence thing. Not exactly intuitive.

I was wondering where the new grind would be in the new zone, given that the actual campaign was pretty straight forward and could be done with no time gates.

Found it.
    Post edited by kemnimtarkas on
  • quadixquadix Member Posts: 2 Arc User

Ok - figured out the runic essence thing. Not exactly intuitive.

I was wondering where the new grind would be in the new zone, given that the actual campaign was pretty straight forward and could be done with no time gates.

Found it.

How and where did you find the depleted artifact, i still havent found it... I have all kinda shards, but still no depleted artifact...
    yes...please do share...hours of farming and frustration and still no "depleted artifact"
    SOLUTION: finally got a depleted Artifact to drop. It's NOT in a bubble rune heroic encounter as it says in description. It drops from Master Expedition. Got one to drop first ME I completed.
  • uncl3b0b#6948 uncl3b0b Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    I drop Depleted artifact at 4 runs and at other character i still wait for drop - i go 30x ME (single/party) and i have not Depleted artifacts - big flustration :( Me 3 friends drop it first run ... thx
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,489 Arc User
    The depleted artifact also drops from the runic encounters in the Undermountain instances.

You need to farm 1200 resonances from those anyways for the next quest in the series, to restore an armor piece. So don't despair if it does not drop immediately. Took me a bit of farming to get it, but it dropped eventually.
  • flippy#8481 flippy Member Posts: 198 Arc User

You need to farm 1200 resonances from those anyways for the next quest in the series, to restore an armor piece.

consistent chat rumor that restoring this item is a

net loss

both in time, materials and AD

• earlgreybeardearlgreybeard Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    After 10-15 rune heroics over several hours ,no depleted artifacts
    I am curious how some people seem to be able to get them so easily..

For this boundless runic corruption quest ,getting the unstable resonance for the 5 colors was no problem .. maybe 10-15m

hours and hours after that spent trying to get this depleted artifact thing that never drops.

Guild Leader Den of the Misfits
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,489 Arc User

You need to farm 1200 resonances from those anyways for the next quest in the series, to restore an armor piece.

consistent chat rumor that restoring this item is a

net loss

both in time, materials and AD

It certainly is. Possibly only the hat is situationally BiS, and that too will probably be outdated when LoMM comes.

Reason for doing this is more a desire to complete all quests etc.
  • mtlmortismtlmortis Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    *** WORK AROUND ***

This has happened where you will collect all the runic but never get a depleted artifact.

This can be fixed by dropping the quest and redoing it from Sinye. Generally I've found it takes 2 spawns for rune encounters to get all the materials.

Personally experienced and done this to resolve. This is not to say that the same bug will not occur twice in a row but this has helped other people with the same problem.
  • mythrionnmythrionn Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Up ? I dropping quest and recollect every resonnance but no artifact depleted

• mythrionnmythrionn Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    mtlmortis said:

*** WORK AROUND ***

This has happened where you will collect all the runic but never get a depleted artifact.

This can be fixed by dropping the quest and redoing it from Sinye. Generally I've found it takes 2 spawns for rune encounters to get all the materials.

Personally experienced and done this to resolve. This is not to say that the same bug will not occur twice in a row but this has helped other people with the same problem.

So I have to do one Master Expedition before collecting the other materials (resonance) ? When I do the Runic encounters, I loot every resonance needed in one encounter. I farmed for the artifact on ME and runic encounters but I never looted it.

• wisper2048wisper2048 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    I've noticed that at least 3 out 5 times depleted artifact dropped when my attack killed the mob in runic HE. For other two times I'm not sure. So I would suggest farming it on unpopulated instances for it.
  • nexus73#6875 nexus73 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    my wife and I are currently having this problem also, numerous hours farming HE's and NO Depleted Artifact. I did this quest with one of my other toons and got all the requirements in about 1 hour. And BTW ... those Whirlwinds that toss you around ... VERY annoying .. esp when you get hit by 2 of them in a row and then clobbered by an Umber Hulk or Troll - dead.

I'm submitting a bug report about this atm also.

Good luck everyone !!!
This discussion has been closed.