test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

6 years of playing Shot in the Tush. Neverwinter definitely needs a rollback to save investment

13»

Comments

• teamstephonteamstephon Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    this is why i did not bother leveling a new toon cause i knew this was going to be bad cause when i try to fight in tower and salvation from AI that i cant survive it to well without being killed in 2 hits why i just think this hole change they did was dumb why i cant stand this mod much longer and how i just want them to give us mod15 back
  • krumple01krumple01 Member Posts: 755 Arc User

It's just scaling to discourage that kind of gameplay but I'd guess it has to and will be improved...

Sorry I missed something in the context here. Inquiring minds want to know.
    • Discourage what kind of gameplay?
    • A level 70 toon cleaning up in a level 10 area? Who cares? They don't earn any XP, the rewards for an end level toon are next to nil in Blacklake - to my knowledge, a new level 5 - 10 toon isn't being hurt, in any form or fashion, by a level 70 toon on the same map - so why scale the content there?
    • Who was demanding scaling in Blacklake? How was the previous set up hurting anyone?
    Although I agree with you, cryptic does things in broad means so the scaling is mean to impact everything. Scaling is also being seen in Barovia and in the new content even though its not suppose to be scaling. They can't claim that its NOT scaling in these places because it clearly is. All you have to do is unsummon and resummon a companion and you will see.

I agree that any content area that is not level 60 or higher shouldn't be scaled period.

• kinamara#3934 kinamara Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    Some people still enjoy them game, I just turned my account into a help others that want to play account, gave away all my non-bond stuff to people ( perhaps this will save some people from buying zen for pres wards if cryptic loses money from active players from me quitting well that is cool with me. So now I will just log on each day get my vip key and refine the massive stockpile of rad i have open a box if i get something useful ill give it to someone in my guild if not sell it for whatever ad i can get, when i run out of keys ill just buy a bunch of pres wards or something and hand them out as well. I can sacrifice 5 minutes a day to do that til my VIP is gone. I can help people out that want to play which I enjoy even if I do not enjoy the game myself anymore.
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    aratech said:

cooldaz said:

wreckr1 said:

This new Mod 16 Undermountain in Neverwinter really bytes, Level 70 Warlock character CANNOT kill level 6 NPC in Blacklake District. My partner started a new toon as a test and that seems to be doing ok. A six year investment of time and money in this game seems to be inversely proportional as I have multiple level 60's(2) and 70(3) toons. ALL stripped of power. This Mod definitely needs a fix!

I don't see the problem. My lvl 70 was killing lvl 50's at ease and is now lvl 72 and am killing lvl 65 at ease
    And odds are fair to decent that Hurricane Michael didn't smash your house in. Doesn't mean that millions weren't affected by it.

Do not presume that simply because *you* do not have issues, that other players are having the same breeze you are. I speak from the perspective of a guy who was doing a story mission on the new campaign last night, hit level 74 in the middle of it, but because I was in a level 71 "story mission" literally watched my stats go *down* after the levelup (I lost about 500 across the board and took a 2k HP penalty, and *also* was unable to use the fireball power I was supposed to have just unlocked, because from the perspective of the game, I wasn't level 74.)
    So... you lost 1% of your HP, and that made the game unplayable? You lost 2% of your stats, and the mobs started suddenly slaughtering you
  • hildus#8980 hildus Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I think I have decided to just quit playing. Unfortunate, because I have spent a lot of money and would have continued to do so. Now I will walk away from the cash I have "banked" because they totally ruined the game. All my boons are gone. How can a level 80 who used to run through Tyranny of Dragons all the time, now, not get quests? I haven't been in the new Mod, till a few days ago, and my frustration meter is pegged. I will also lose my VIP investment, but who cares when you can't do anything fun anymore? I have enough HAMSTER in daily life, and now have to put up with HAMSTER in something I had enjoyment/escapism with. Nice job, developers, no offense to you coders, but these people need more interaction with real people.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User

All my boons are gone. How can a level 80 who used to run through Tyranny of Dragons all the time, now, not get quests?

I have to admit I don't understand those complaints. You still have boons, although they are not as colorful or interesting as before - most being just static stat boosts, so no... they are not "gone".

As for not getting quests - uh, now that you are lvl 80, there may be some quest givers that no longer show you their quests by default, as you are considered to have "outleveled" them. You have to specifically turn on display of quests like that.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • hooviebrewhooviebrew Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    The revisions (I can't call it an upgrade) have taken a lot of the fun out of the game. I have been playing this for many years and enjoyed the content. Lost of lot of the individual choices from leveling up. Game play is too hard now. Top that with the junky professions mod that got messed up last time and I am now searching for a new game to play. Thanks a lot.
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    adinosii said:

All my boons are gone. How can a level 80 who used to run through Tyranny of Dragons all the time, now, not get quests?

I have to admit I don't understand those complaints. You still have boons, although they are not as colorful or interesting as before - most being just static stat boosts, so no... they are not "gone".

As for not getting quests - uh, now that you are lvl 80, there may be some quest givers that no longer show you their quests by default, as you are considered to have "outleveled" them. You have to specifically turn on display of quests like that.
    Boons are not gone. They are not powerful or meaningful either. For example; In the old Tyranny of Dragons I had the following boons.
    • Dragon's Claws 400 Power (aka +1%)
    • Dragon's Gaze 400 Critical Strike
    • Draconic Armorbreaker 400 Armor Penetration
    • Dragon's Blood 400 Regen
    • Dragon's Grip x3 15% increased Control Strength (aka +5% each)
    In the old game mechanics prior to module 15, a boon with 400 points was equal to +1%. Not very powerful to begin with, but 10 such boons would be +10%. But the same 7 boons are now 1 boon point worth (in many cases) 250 points at most. And under the new system 1000 = 1%.
    • Generic 250 Power (aka +0.25%)
    • Generic 250 Critical Strike
    • Generic 250 Armor Penetration
    • Generic 250 Regen
    • Generic 750 Control Strength x3 0.75%
    Gone? No, just nerfed into generic oblivion. Any character before mod 15 with 40 boons was buffed +40% in various areas. Now the boon are worth less or just worthless. The new system, depending on how they are spent 40 boon points are +10% in various areas. I am not "hot and bothered" to run about collecting boons now.

Armor progression is nothing more than a label. I talked about the differences with 770 Seal of the Crown (mod 14) compared to 980 Seal of the Deep (Mod 16). With only a +5% increase in some areas, I don't get enthusiastic when looking at advancing my armor either.

There is no progression and Cryptic Studios is playing their version of the "End Game" card. When module 17 is revealed, it will have new armor labeled "Item Level 1200" or some such nonsense. The armor will either flatline stats, buffs will match debuffs, or just be for appearance. Also you will get a campaign with 4 more boons to get you +1% better. This is their game and they have no plan to change it back.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User

When module 17 is revealed, it will have new armor labeled "Item Level 1200" or some such nonsense. The armor will either flatline stats, buffs will match debuffs, or just be for appearance. Also you will get a campaign with 4 more boons to get you +1% better. This is their game and they have no plan to change it back.

I am afraid you may be (mostly) correct. They have made a very deliberate decision to devalue things like enchants or items you have to grind for. This, combined with how they implemented scaling has the effect of making players much closer to each other in many respects.

I'm sure that appeals to some players - in particular those just starting, but for long-term players it devalues their effort and, well...takes much of the fun away.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    adinosii said:

Well you don't have boons worth having anymore. most of those boons are worthless and you do not need all campaigns to get the ones you actually use. this will just get worst as new mods come out. They set them self up for another power point situation. We will soon have all boons maxed. and then no reason to do future mods.

They have nerfed themselves into a hole and i am not sure they know how to get out of it. I suppose that explains all the AD sinks and the vagueness around those ad sinks like the worthless gear they make you grind for then pay 120k ad for the right to grind
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• aratecharatech Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 269 Arc User
    Hamster fire and brimstone, are the boons even *working properly* yet? Last I checked the HP boons still didn't work, even after almost a month.
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    aratech said:

Hamster fire and brimstone, are the boons even *working properly* yet? Last I checked the HP boons still didn't work, even after almost a month.

LoL you know, I haven't even checked. I just ticked off a mess of boxes and said, "Meh, it looks good.". Which is probably all the good that did.

@mynaam if you wish to see the future, just visit Champions online. It is a small loyal community of users. Who no longer play the game, but use it as a 3D chatroom. For some reason there is a high population of Furries and LBGTQ there, but not much trolling. I don't know if Neverwinter will be fortunate enough to draw in such a crowd.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    adinosii said:

When module 17 is revealed, it will have new armor labeled "Item Level 1200" or some such nonsense. The armor will either flatline stats, buffs will match debuffs, or just be for appearance. Also you will get a campaign with 4 more boons to get you +1% better. This is their game and they have no plan to change it back.

I am afraid you may be (mostly) correct. They have made a very deliberate decision to devalue things like enchants or items you have to grind for. This, combined with how they implemented scaling has the effect of making players much closer to each other in many respects.

I'm sure that appeals to some players - in particular those just starting, but for long-term players it devalues their effort and, well...takes much of the fun away.
    The interesting part, is that they are moving to somewhat cyclic progress, instead of long term, that cyclic is somewhat similar to some widely popular aRPGs.
    So while the games are dis-similar enough to lessen the competition between them, they draw them closer, with the other game is considered more successful and with others coming out soon. Somewhat shooting yourself in the leg.

Anecdotal, but I personally don't play the other game for several reasons, in which the cyclic progress is a significant one.

The benefits are clear though, the ability of new / returning players to just hop in at any time, but the long time players... ?
  • yumalithianyumalithian Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I share most of the opinions here. Killing things is too hard. The things I do kill drop very little loot for the effort. Dungeons are crazy hard now with no good loot. Enchants are borked. Companions are not working right. The list could go on.
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    mynaam said:

adinosii said:

Well you don't have boons worth having anymore. most of those boons are worthless and you do not need all campaigns to get the ones you actually use. this will just get worst as new mods come out. They set them self up for another power point situation. We will soon have all boons maxed. and then no reason to do future mods.

They have nerfed themselves into a hole and i am not sure they know how to get out of it. I suppose that explains all the AD sinks and the vagueness around those ad sinks like the worthless gear they make you grind for then pay 120k ad for the right to grind
    Talk about unintended consequences.

The situation with boons actually encourages players to skip zones that are too grindy - because those extra boon points mean so little.

And for seasoned players who've already invested the time/resources to earn all those now next to worthless boons? It encourages them to just STOP.

• nighttriumph#5952 nighttriumph Member Posts: 13 Arc User

The revisions (I can't call it an upgrade) have taken a lot of the fun out of the game. I have been playing this for many years and enjoyed the content. Lost of lot of the individual choices from leveling up. Game play is too hard now. Top that with the junky professions mod that got messed up last time and I am now searching for a new game to play. Thanks a lot.

If you are looking for a new game, many folks are running to Secret World Legends. It's theme is kind of a Shadow-Run meets Final Fantasy meets the Walking Dead meets Call of Cthulu. It's a fun game with a modern setting, with similar game play to NW, no scaling, and filled with a plethora of indepth story lines and an RPG feel.

Also, see my post regarding the changes Cryptic has made:
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1248386/some-helpful-advise-for-cryptic/p1