test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

MOD16 pocket-wiki

rainer#8575 rainer Member Posts: 280 Arc User
Hi all, a lot of you will already know about this, but I've made google spreadsheet with a ton of information about mod16 (including all the changes etc etc.). You can find the pocket wiki here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fP_cUugHdsObvQDzLFijGA-mVm_qLmSy0MI62aTLkDM

Use it to your advantage :smile:

Comments

• joccat#1817 joccat Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    Rainer....you are simple AMAZING !! Thanks....from everyone.....
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    Not that it matters much with lolstatinflation, but I'd argue that Accuracy is NOT a better investment than Power.

The simplest way to think about it, as one of my guildies thought about it, would be to think of each point of Power increases your DPS by 1% or less per 1000, whereas Accuracy is always increasing your DPS by 0.5% per 1000.

This is because Deflect is a chance to proc and multiplied by Deflect Severity, rather than being a flat reduction like Defense is. Considering Accuracy only reduces Deflect chance, you're only lessening the expected value of the Deflect Severity damage reduction.

The only way Accuracy is worth investing in is if your ArmorPen is capped, Crit or CA is capped (or very close), and you have a large amount of Power.

At this point, you've already maxed out the efficiency of ArmorPen and have maxed the efficiency of Crit/CA (or are very close to maxing). Your Power is so high that you're getting a small relative DPS increase from each successive point, so small that investments in Accuracy equal or exceed Power.

I am sure Janne or Ow the Edge could explain it more elegantly with math and stuff, but that's what I gathered from using Janne's DPS calculator.

https://jannenw.info/pages/mechanics16/stats

• mdarkangel#4696 mdarkangel Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    A suggestion to improve your "Scaling/Hardcaps" sheet:

Everything that is scaled can be represented by an item level determined by the area you are in.

For example: Head piece in Protector's Enclave (uncapped)
    Item Level: 805 Combined Rating: 644 Power: 3,864 Hit Points: 15,456 Critical Avoidance: 483 Critical Strike: 1,127 Defense: 1,610

Knowing that 20 rating points (80 in the case of hit points) = 1 item level, we can see that this piece is in fact item level 805.
    Combined Rating: 644*8/20 = 257.6 Power: 3,864/20 = 193.2 Hit Points: 15,456/80 = 193.2 Critical Avoidance: 483/20 = 24.15 Critical Strike: 1,127/20 = 56.35 Defense: 1,610/20 = 80.5 Item Level: = 805

Some may ask why Combined Rating is multiplied by 8. That is because it is added to all of your offensive and defensive stats, except for Power and Hit Points.

With this we can determine the item level caps for all things in all areas, such as the following.
    The same head piece from above in Sea of Moving Ice
    Item Level: 805 (this does not change on the tooltip) Combined Rating: 515*8/20 = 206 Power: 3,091/20 = 154.55 Hit Points: 12,365/80 = 154.5625 Critical Avoidance: 386/20 = 19.3 Critical Strike: 902/20 = 45.1 Defense: 1,288/20 = 64.4 Capped Item Level: = 643.9125 rounded up to 644

This Capped Item Level can be used to determine the Stat Rating Points for all Gear, Companion Gear, and Artifacts using the following formula.
    CSR = USR / UIL * CIL CSR = Capped Stat Rating USR = Uncapped Stat Rating UIL = Uncapped Item Level CIL = Capped Item Level
    Edit: This formula only needs to be used if your Uncapped Item Level is greater than the Capped Item Level of the area.

To further flesh this out, Sea of Moving Ice has the following caps:
    Gear: 644 Enchantments: 23 Runestones: 11 Bondings: 240 Companion Player Bonus: not capped Mount Equip Bonus: not capped* Insignia: 22 Campaign Boons: 12 per rank** Stronghold Boons: not yet determined
    * I don't have a Legendary Mount to test with, however Epic Mounts start being capped in Dark Fey Enclave (Sharandar) and lower content.
    ** I have only tested lower tier campaign boons that are fully ranked (5/5)

As for the items you list as "Not Scaled", there are only two things that may not be scaled, but I can't fully test those. They are Mount Combat Power and Companion Enhancement Bonus. The other items will be scaled if you venture into the lower level areas.

Thanks for reading
    Post edited by mdarkangel#4696 on
  • rainer#8575 rainer Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    rjc9000 said:

Not that it matters much with lolstatinflation, but I'd argue that Accuracy is NOT a better investment than Power.

The simplest way to think about it, as one of my guildies thought about it, would be to think of each point of Power increases your DPS by 1% or less per 1000, whereas Accuracy is always increasing your DPS by 0.5% per 1000.

This is because Deflect is a chance to proc and multiplied by Deflect Severity, rather than being a flat reduction like Defense is. Considering Accuracy only reduces Deflect chance, you're only lessening the expected value of the Deflect Severity damage reduction.

The only way Accuracy is worth investing in is if your ArmorPen is capped, Crit or CA is capped (or very close), and you have a large amount of Power.

At this point, you've already maxed out the efficiency of ArmorPen and have maxed the efficiency of Crit/CA (or are very close to maxing). Your Power is so high that you're getting a small relative DPS increase from each successive point, so small that investments in Accuracy equal or exceed Power.

I am sure Janne or Ow the Edge could explain it more elegantly with math and stuff, but that's what I gathered from using Janne's DPS calculator.

I've heard about this before but never got really good feedback on the why part. I will look into this and adapt where needed when I get the chance! Thanks for the feedback

edited May 2019

...too much to quote...

This is an interesting way to look at it. I will try to verify these results and maybe process them somehow into the wiki! Thanks for the feedback. I guess I can remove the individual stat scaling from items. This is going to help a lot when I add scaling to my character builder :smile:

As for the "Not Scaled" section - yea that was for all lvl 70+ content (including campaigns - but missing AI hmm..). I can imagine that more stuff is scaled if you go down to level 20 or something.

edited May 2019
    > @rainer#8575 said:
    > This is going to help a lot when I add scaling to my character builder

So far I have found 23 different levels of capping. I would be happy to share the results with you, once I have finished verifying last week's patch.

> @rainer#8575 said:

> This is going to help a lot when I add scaling to my character builder

So far I have found 23 different levels of capping. I would be happy to share the results with you, once I have finished verifying last week's patch.

I'm open for any collaboration. Sharing is caring :smile: Are you on Discord? If so, you can find my discord in the wiki.

• gildriadorgildriador Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    Thanks Rainer, your guide is very useful.

I used it to choose my 3 new companions:
    Red Slaad, Kenku Archer and Ghost.
    rjc9000 said:

Interesting, So if I want to optimize my Level 70 load-out that I use for scaled content

If I have 57 000 Arm Pen and 52 000 Critical Chance and 45 000 Accuracy

it's better to use the epic "5000 Power" equipped mount bonus than the "5000 Accuracy".

And if on the next month I want to invest in a first legendary mount. A legendary mount with 10 000 power will be the best one for level 80 and level 70 scaled content ?

“He raised his staff. There was a roll of thunder. The sunlight was blotted out from the eastern windows; the whole hall became suddenly dark as night. The fire faded to sullen embers. Only Gandalf could be seen, standing white and tall before the blackened hearth.”
    ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Two Towers
    edited May 2019
    I figured I would share this here for anyone interested. It still needs a few things fleshed out.

Item Level Capping for all areas:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1r8aZCLxizYxz77jqWmG4Sj61u55CF0bZE2Z-efo7W8s/edit?usp=drivesdk

I figured I would share this here for anyone interested. It still needs a few things fleshed out.

Item Level Capping for all areas:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1r8aZCLxizYxz77jqWmG4Sj61u55CF0bZE2Z-efo7W8s/edit?usp=drivesdk

One thing... dual and triple stat enchantments start off at a different item level (but are scaled to the same item level nonetheless in scaled content)

One thing... dual and triple stat enchantments start off at a different item level (but are scaled to the same item level nonetheless in scaled content)

Yes they are. I guess they found it simpler to have one enchantment cap instead of three.

Yes they are. I guess they found it simpler to have one enchantment cap instead of three.
    I've added the data from your sheet to the character builder and added a scaling tab to scale all the items in there :smiley: (with reference of course)
    Let me know if you update something so I can process it as well!
  • nermaleyenermaleye Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    Thank you I love it great work.
    I love to play MMO's & 1st person shooters. An when I am not playing I rebuild & trouble shoot computers.
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    You can add to the bug section that remorhaz is not working. Actually is doing 1 (!) point of dmg.

Thank you for the work. Really usefull
    Post edited by darthpotater on
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • ramseybangbangramseybangbang Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    thx for informations