test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Kestra's companion Necklace

ukfatguyukfatguy Member Posts: 6 Arc User
Today's patch notes claim that the reward is going to be moved into quest completion and that's ok in theory. However, whats going to happen to those characters who missed it? you know those who foolishly did the quest in a group and had no idea that the reward even existed. Normally i couldn't care less about random drops but there is to my knowledge no other way of obtaining it. Meaning there's a whole lot of people other there who will be permanently missing 200+ IL (not forgetting the extra rune slot) through no fault of their own.

Answers

• Options
    namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    Don't expect anything to be done. There are other companion gear with same IL that drop elsewhere.
  • Options
    kstubble#4883 kstubble Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    There is a major issue with companion gear (or lack thereof). The undermountain questline seems to be the only source for 3 decent 2 slot bound companion gear. There is not much choice in stats so stuck with a bunch of stats that are way overcap in unscaled areas. this would be a good source to manipulate stats to get closer leveling caps for older content, but right now my stats are all over the place and my rank 15 enchants don't even make a dent in them.

is there unbound purple companion gear? is there a source of any other updated companion gear for level 80? Will there be a reliable source of unbound blue and purple companion gear with various stats (not from just lockboxes and questlines (bound) and endgame dungeons)?
  • Options
    nachodx22nachodx22 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    I'm in a similar boat. I only got 2 pieces... Server went down just as I was finishing the boss... Where can we earn appropriate companion gear? When will it be added?
    -Nacho Skymont
    Quixaltic Guild Leader
    GH20, pm for inv
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    This is being solved for new players, but for others, well...a quick solution might be to award the item to anyone who has completed the camplaign, but does not have the item. A long term solution would be to introduce new sources of companion items - maybe from LoMM, or a future dungeon, or (my favourite) to introduce craftable (masterwork) companion items. That would also solve the problem of crafting currently being essentially useless.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    adinosii said:

This is being solved for new players, but for others, well...a quick solution might be to award the item to anyone who has completed the camplaign, but does not have the item. A long term solution would be to introduce new sources of companion items - maybe from LoMM, or a future dungeon, or (my favourite) to introduce craftable (masterwork) companion items. That would also solve the problem of crafting currently being essentially useless.

+Make it a unique item so those who get it in triple, knowing, or not knowing what they were doing can only equipe one
  • Options
    literaryaceliteraryace Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    I've only put two of my six toons through this campaign. Both did not receive the choke chain from the quest (was partied up, the other party member received them). It would be nice to get this somehow, as these are the two toons I play the most!
  • Options
    cabar1cabar1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 124 Arc User
    > @tassedethe13 said:
    >
    > +Make it a unique item so those who get it in triple, knowing, or not knowing what they were doing can only equipe one

please don't give them new nerf ideas.
    99 lines of code on the wall, 99 lines of code, add one line, compile it again....... 113 lines on code on the wall
    113 lines of code on the wall, 113 lines of code, rewrite one line, compile it again.......
    Wait For It
  • Options
    aerthynaerthyn Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    So support it no use in trying to get the missing choke chain as they clearly don't understand where this comes from....

I understand that you did not receive a Choke Chain of the Companion after completing the Waning Darkness quest. I would like to clarify that the Waning Darkness is an expedition quest and not a regular quest. There are no guaranteed quest rewards for completing expedition quests as the items can be obtained by chance.

...this is not an expedition quest but the final quest of undermountain.

@nitocris83 @terramak care to comment - or speak to your support teams about getting their facts right.
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    ... they should just replace any rare level 78 and 80 equipment drops from expeditions with rare/epic companion equipment drops.
    Problem solved.
    Post edited by regenerde on
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    cabar1 said:

> @tassedethe13 said:

>

> +Make it a unique item so those who get it in triple, knowing, or not knowing what they were doing can only equipe one

You should only get one, no more. Sorry if you got more somehow knowing or not knowing what you were doing.
  • Options
    wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    cabar1 said:

> @tassedethe13 said:

>

Bug-fix, not a nerf...
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    [to delete repost]
  • Options
    cabar1cabar1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 124 Arc User
    > @wintersmoke said:
    > > @tassedethe13 said:
    >
    > >
    >
    > > +Make it a unique item so those who get it in triple, knowing, or not knowing what they were doing can only equipe one
    >
    >
    >
    > please don't give them new nerf ideas.
    >
    > Bug-fix, not a nerf...

only letting you equip 1 os a bug fix? MEH
    99 lines of code on the wall, 99 lines of code, add one line, compile it again....... 113 lines on code on the wall
    113 lines of code on the wall, 113 lines of code, rewrite one line, compile it again.......
    Wait For It
  • Options
    wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    cabar1 said:

> @wintersmoke said:

> > @tassedethe13 said:

>

> >

>

> > +Make it a unique item so those who get it in triple, knowing, or not knowing what they were doing can only equipe one

>

>

>

> please don't give them new nerf ideas.

>

> Bug-fix, not a nerf...

only letting you equip 1 os a bug fix? MEH

You are only supposed to receive 1 of each item. The bug was allowing players to steal the reward from other players when doing the quest in parties.